What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

On 6/21/2019 at 3:50 AM, Horizondave said:

Just reloaded Google Chrome on my PC.

2 hours ago my PC screen went blank. I rebooted and the system tried to repair itself, 30 mins later it is still saying repairing despite it saying it will take a few minutes. Pulled out the battery and rebooted, eventually got the home screen but on hitting the Chrome Icon or CC Cleaner Icon, nothing happened. I kept trying but could only eventually get Firefox, Chrome was not responding so uninstalled it and reinstalled it.  Screen went black again and again pulled out battery as showed power on but no screen. Rebooted and now have got Chrome with everything still bookmarked, what a bloody pain.

Maybe time for anew laptop.

Time for bed......................

Maybe a reset to an earlier time might work next time Dave 

2 hours ago, Baldylocks said:

Maybe a reset to an earlier time might work next time Dave 

I tried that and the laptop crashed.  Also turned it off today as was out at a BBQ, just came back and it has taken 30 minutes to get the laptop to work. Again the system tried to repair itself but just got in a loop, it also asked permission to restore to an earlier date and then the screen went blank and got in a loop trying to boot up.

I will be off to bed in 10 minutes, will leave the system on without sending it to sleep and will then download or photos etc to a 16 GB flash drive and see how things go, think a new laptop is coming to my house shortly.....

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

About to kick some ass at water polo on our last day. 

This is just one of the 5 hotel pools. 

Beautiful area as well. 

Will definitely come back..

IMAG0792.jpg

Ha Ha, I stayed at the Mercure behind the Avenue one time, I had just checked in to the 10th floor but poolside.  The noise coming from the pool where about 10 Indians were playing water polo was so annoying we phoned reception and had to have our room changed.  It was a bloody awful noise and many of those sunbathing by the pool upped and left to other areas of the hotel.

Reception apologised to us and gave us vouchers for free drinks in the bar.

15 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Ha Ha, I stayed at the Mercure behind the Avenue one time, I had just checked in to the 10th floor but poolside.  The noise coming from the pool where about 10 Indians were playing water polo was so annoying we phoned reception and had to have our room changed.  It was a bloody awful noise and many of those sunbathing by the pool upped and left to other areas of the hotel.

Reception apologised to us and gave us vouchers for free drinks in the bar.

We're not by this pool, we're at the more quiet side. This place has an entertainment team, they're great, but if you don't want to indulge, they're not overbearing either. Great hotel all in all. 

Currently gorging in extremely fresh honey, made in the forest to the back of here. 

IMAG0790.jpg

Edited by Krapow
  • Like 1

Been for a walk to the shops which represents my exercise for the day but will be standing in the kitchen soon and attempting to cook a steak and kidney pie with short crust pastry. I was going to put some Tribute Cornish ale in but drank that last night, hope it will be edible though. Possible photo in the appropriate thread later...

Update, cooked the meat but many recipes call for the meat mixture to be cooled overnight and to skim off any excess fat from on top.  Also if you put cold pastry onto hot meat it might sink, photo tomorrow.....

Edited by Horizondave
  • Like 1

Not long woke up after a toss and turn night.

Went to bed early at 10 pm but at 1.50 am we were all woken up by a police helicopter hovering overhead. At first I thought it was somebody cutting the grass next door and was ready to shout out the window but saw the helicopter right above our area. He was so close the search light from the helicopter was lighting up all the cars and gardens nearby. It hung around for about 30 minutes before retiring for the night, presume they were searching for some scummy.

Luckily I got back to sleep but it being quite hot last night I was restless until I woke up, out to buy a stand fan today.