What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Just bought my printer, a basic home device HP Envy 4527, got a deal in Currys for £35 with £3.99 for a 100 sheets of printer paper. 

The girl serving me offered me a deal on ink replacements but at £45,99 I asked the question, 'how can the ink replacement be more expensive than the whole bloody printer'. Now she explained that the ink replacements may have a little more ink than the originals in the printer but come on, this is crazy. I suggested I would just throw out the printer and buy a new one, she says 'that is what I would suggest sir'...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, galenkia said:

Just done my laundry,went to Sainsburys earlier for food for work for the week plus beers.Drinking a Stella and flicking between forums and The Sunday Times.Had a chicken salad sandwich and a mince pie for lunch.😀

Flash fooker, I do the 8pm best before by runs at Aldi ¬¬

• Haha 1

Just been talking with HMRC and finally sorted out my tax code, I have been paying basic rate (20 percent) on my salary for the last 11 weeks.  Will get a refund but through my pay packet.

Also signed up to a Tesco Club card and a Boots card, just about to apply for my council tax (with 25 percent discount as I am single occupant) and also will be honest and apply for a TV licence. 

Was going for a walk along the Grand Union canal but all this paperwork has collared my time. 

Think I will just add some meat to my slow cooker and prepare a Beefsteak (Bistek) Tagalog for later tonight.

2 hours ago, galenkia said:

Always liked Sainsburys and its nearest to me.Also have Waitrose and M & S close to me when i fancy going posh what what.😀

Sainsburys do the best pizzas. They make up them up for you there and then, £4 and far better than the crap served up by dominos.

1 hour ago, dcfc2007 said:

😂😂

Watched the first half, was so pissed off, i took the child to the park, never even watched the 2nd half.

Seen it coming, away form is woeful.

Gerrard oot!

Still, it could be worse, we might be now owned by Mike Ashley :P

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Just bought my printer, a basic home device HP Envy 4527, got a deal in Currys for £35 with £3.99 for a 100 sheets of printer paper. 

The girl serving me offered me a deal on ink replacements but at £45,99 I asked the question, 'how can the ink replacement be more expensive than the whole bloody printer'. Now she explained that the ink replacements may have a little more ink than the originals in the printer but come on, this is crazy. I suggested I would just throw out the printer and buy a new one, she says 'that is what I would suggest sir'...

The cheap printer price is to draw you in, so that you buy HP ink, as that is where the profits are. Usually the ink cartridges in a new printer has around half the ink in cartridges you buy separately. 

I always bought online from other “discount suppliers” and paid half the printer manufacturers prices. As for paper prices, you was robbed. You can get 500 sheets for £2.50 in other places. 🤗

Edited by KhunDon

4 hours ago, Krapow said:

Watched the first half, was so pissed off, i took the child to the park, never even watched the 2nd half.

Seen it coming, away form is woeful.

Gerrard oot!

Still, it could be worse, we might be now owned by Mike Ashley :P

Nothing is worse than being a newcastle fan at the minute lol.

2 hours ago, KhunDon said:

The cheap printer price is to draw you in, so that you buy HP ink, as that is where the profits are. Usually the ink cartridges in a new printer has around half the ink in cartridges you buy separately. 

I always bought online from other “discount suppliers” and paid half the printer manufacturers prices. As for paper prices, you was robbed. You can get 500 sheets for £2.50 in other places. 🤗

Just looked and I bought 500 sheets not 100 but it was convenient to pick the paper up at the same time as the printer.  It is also HP paper although that is not necessarily saying it is superior.

I am not going to pay monthly or other period of time for ink, I really don't use that much. I only use for home needs, print out e tickets etc.  I have just spent a few hours doing all that I needed to do after recently moving into a new flat, I doubt I will turn on the printer for a week or two.  I didn't pay the £12.99 for an extended warranty.  I will also look for discounted inks for the printer or just buy a new one when the ink runs low.

• Thumbs Up 1