What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

4 hours ago, Painter said:

See that big blue arrow just noth of the IoW?

The would be where I am, if I wasnt in a warmer place. Whilst the strongest winds are at a similar time to high tide, fortunately it's not a huge tide...

Some friends are popping round this evening to check for tiles...

Screenshot_20220218-063231_Chrome.jpg

To see if you have any left .... 😉 

• Haha 3
  • Surprised 1

13 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Mental , he's just done it again ... 🎯

Watched the final from about 4 legs in. Crazy scoring from Price, averaged about 113 for most of the match. Dodgy finishing let Wade back in. He could easily have nicked it if he took advantage of it.

Don't like Price at all, but when he's on his game he is unplayable.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Seems to be a common problem with almost all airlines, at least from the information I have been relative to over the past few years (especially during the covid years).

My take on this (for what it is worth).... Most of these airlines are using archaic software. That common software is tied into intertwined systems that creates even more delays. Throw in the unusual complexities regarding unforeseen changes and challenges that the airlines (and related software) are not accustomed to), then we have a giant kerfuffle (delays in refunds etc.).

The bottom line.... we became accustomed in the past to issues (cancellations, etc.) being addressed in a relatively reasonable timeframe. But now it appears to be total f**k up. In reality, I believe most issues such as delays on refunds are and will be rectified --- but they just take much longer than what we were accustomed to in the past.

I used to work in customer services for 30 years from telephone sales to country management.

My take is all about communication; sometimes it is just about listening and being sympathetic even if you can't resolve the issue there and then. Many times I was unable to resolve an issue but the customer went away believing they had been heard and that, for most, was good enough.

Both PAL and Cebu Pacific failed on the basics and I avoid dealing with them. I was even a card holder with PAL and still get promo emails but they have never returned my emails.

30 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Live footage of flights landing at Heathrow ....

https://www.youtube.com/embed/vPQh1FrbOc0

Thanks for that mate. Excellent viewing!

Y'know, I have done so much in my life that sometimes I just forget about stuff I've done but the 3 scariest landings I have experienced was when I was 19 years old and doing my 3 solo flights in an old Army fibre-glass box glider.

Winch launch over the recently held Turkish area of the Athena Dhekilia SBA....in '75 ....

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Woke up at 6.45am with winds howling outside, lost the internet but that came back soon after.

With everything tied down it wasn't as bad as I expected but I was inside.

Now in Wetherspoon after a wind assisted walk into Neath to pick up a prescription. Sadly have to wait till 2 pm for the drugs so a few pints will see me fine.

6 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

My eldest son said that it was quite strong in Wiltshire ..... but not as strong as it was in Blackpool when he went to watch City play !!!

It hit here around 0900 and has been very violent, still whipping up a storm but 'they' reckon main body of the storm will be done in an hour so around 1.30

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Thanks for that mate. Excellent viewing!

Y'know, I have done so much in my life that sometimes I just forget about stuff I've done but the 3 scariest landings I have experienced was when I was 19 years old and doing my 3 solo flights in an old Army fibre-glass box glider.

Winch launch over the recently held Turkish area of the Athena Dhekilia SBA....in '75 ....

Been there too. Mine were aero tows. Never had a chance to do a winch launch.
image.png

Just been creating my CV. Thought I should get around to it as I only have one more week of work before we close. At the moment I'm thinking of taking a month off and mid March start applying for jobs. Plenty of jobs about and most seem to pay more than I'm on currently. 

Will look into a holiday for March as well. Still undecided about where, though mate is going to Turkey shortly so it looks pretty nice there, Altanya or something?. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

23 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Those cakes look superb. My favourite treat is a nice slice of cake. 

Mass produced, and rather synthetic, unfortunately,  but as the gf had just walked 2 kms unaided, and had to repeat the same to get home, it was a life support strategy....

They tasted ok though

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I have made alterations to the bottom half of my daughter's school uniform and it fits me quite well!

My friends here say I am a "sexy man!". Although it is a tad short !!

Be careful Derek, you don't want your berries dangling below the hem !!!!

• Haha 1