What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

5 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

After some research I have found that there are two things that relieve my bad back,Ibuprofin and alcohol.

So after 6 pints of Guinness I'm now on Black Bush and feeling no pain🤪

It takes a few days to find the right mix...

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

You should spot Reading the Gruaniad when you strat using  gramarr like theres!!!

@galenkia and others might be interested in something that happened whilst I was helping out at the local village school up north many years ago (unpaid, volunteer, assistant, blackboard cleaner to improve English pronunciation).

One day we were visited by the Provincial Head of English that was part of the board that set National curriculum and annual tests. The teacher continued with the lesson that we had previously been through.

- When she got to Reading University the children correctly pronounced it as "Redding" University and then Big Boss jumped in and said that it was reading University. I corrected him and the following sharp intake of breath was audible..... I pointed out the capital "R". I pointed out that the whole chapter was about visiting London, and then the arrogant c**t sneered and said that students go to University to "read" subjects and therefore it was reading University not Reading University!

So we continued to the next Chapter ... A day in Paris.

- Then a student noticed something that I had missed and asked Big Boss what it meant..At the top of the diary it was marked 1er Juin. Big Boss informed all of the children that it was a printing error to which I replied that it wasn't a mistake but that 1er was the French abbreviation for first. His fucking head almost exploded!! "This is an English class!!!"

Roger Crutchley did a brilliant article on the subject several years ago in the BP.

I love Thailand with all my heart and am willing to put something back into society but by f**k sometimes I despair!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Painter said:

Waiting for the gf to finish putting her face on... she has an appointment to have a wisden tooth removed, and obviously has to look her best...

Mind you, it saves an expensive valentines meal tonight!

Scrub that. 

It's raining, so she's cancelled the dentist until it's stopped. I offered a bolt car, but....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

@galenkia and others might be interested in something that happened whilst I was helping out at the local village school up north many years ago (unpaid, volunteer, assistant, blackboard cleaner to improve English pronunciation).

One day we were visited by the Provincial Head of English that was part of the board that set National curriculum and annual tests. The teacher continued with the lesson that we had previously been through.

- When she got to Reading University the children correctly pronounced it as "Redding" University and then Big Boss jumped in and said that it was reading University. I corrected him and the following sharp intake of breath was audible..... I pointed out the capital "R". I pointed out that the whole chapter was about visiting London, and then the arrogant c**t sneered and said that students go to University to "read" subjects and therefore it was reading University not Reading University!

So we continued to the next Chapter ... A day in Paris.

- Then a student noticed something that I had missed and asked Big Boss what it meant..At the top of the diary it was marked 1er Juin. Big Boss informed all of the children that it was a printing error to which I replied that it wasn't a mistake but that 1er was the French abbreviation for first. His fucking head almost exploded!! "This is an English class!!!"

Roger Crutchley did a brilliant article on the subject several years ago in the BP.

I love Thailand with all my heart and am willing to put something back into society but by f**k sometimes I despair!! 

Did you ask him if he red English at Mag-dah-len College, Oxford?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Yessongs said:

I wish I had been around when this dirtbag did this...I swear to God, I would have ripped this guys eyes out. I just hate to see this type of scum around America these days. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-44-prior-arrests-charged-234205561.html

Y'know something mate, I was going to complain about my 3 hour walk this morning in pursuit of a Kasikorn Bank (which I have just done!) but this puts my minor problems in to perspective.

There are so many many reasons why I should be happy with my lot in life.

I wish the victim a full and speedy recovery. I wish a very slow and painful death to the perpetrator.

• Like 1

Battening down the hatches for 2 big arse storms heading into the UK over the next 4 days. There is a chunk of work to do until conditions turn unsafe due to high winds. Spent all afternoon lashing cargo and also lashing tarpaulins double down, with a load of used lorry tyres thrown on for good measure!.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Butch said:

Battening down the hatches for 2 big arse storms heading into the UK over the next 4 days. There is a chunk of work to do until conditions turn unsafe due to high winds. Spent all afternoon lashing cargo and also lashing tarpaulins double down, with a load of used lorry tyres thrown on for good measure!.

Been getting pretty windy in Bracknell over the last few hours. Saying it's been upgraded in the South due to the high winds expected. Friday seems to be when the worst of it hits the South. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Butch said:

They could have called them better names than Dudley and Eunice ... 

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Been getting pretty windy in Bracknell over the last few hours. Saying it's been upgraded in the South due to the high winds expected. Friday seems to be when the worst of it hits the South. 

Yep, I've just literally this minute had an order come through to go out and de stack any empty containers to 2 high unless they have more than 25 tonnes base average on top of them!.

Shit it! !!!

Edited by Butch

4 hours ago, Krapow said:

Getting some culture.

Temple of Athena, and Side amphietheatre.

Very old clock (sundial)

Love history, amazing sitting there thinking people had sat there over 2000 years before watching gladiators. 

Done some Scuba diving at the Side underwater museum, visibility wasn't great, but just happy to be in the water again.  

20220216_115456.jpg

20220216_120603.jpg

20220216_115422.jpg

20220216_115018.jpg

20220216_115028.jpg

20220216_114224.jpg

20220216_135621.jpg

20220215_112721.jpg

image.jpg

20220215_111812.jpg

20220215_111818.jpg

20220216_124249.jpg

image.jpg

Very, very cool mate. Would love to check that out one day. Certainly something you and the family will never forget.

5 hours ago, Stillearly said:

In 2020 I booked a Mercure hotel in Rio , the hotel cancelled my booking in April 2020 , but said due to Brazilian Covid rules they had up to 12 months to refund my £233  .... after 12 months I chased Accor group and they said they would investigate... I tried again and again , but each time heard nothing back .... so in June 2021 I tried my CC company Halifax , they got on the case and refunded the money , but then in October 2021 Accor objected , Halifax said they would represent my case ... finally heard back today , that the case is now closed and my money is returned permanently  🙂 

brilliant from Halifax 👍  

but fcuk Mercure and Accor group and will never stay at their hotels again 👎

Blimey I just booked Mercure Val de Fontenay in Paris for May. I do use Accor group a lot as I get great airline discounts from them. Never had a problem yet, well so far. My favourite is the Pullman Khon Kaen, always stay there for a few days each trip.

Sorry they fcuked you over.

• Like 1