What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Just got an email from Emirates inviting me to pay for an upgrade on the Dubai Bangkok leg of my journey on Friday for the princely sum of £351. The rest of the trip including the Heathrow Dubai leg would still be in economy and I can't use the lounge in Dubai.  Very quick thought about it, I will give it a miss, really don't think that is a good deal at all.

I expect to get great service in economy and having not had a break from work in almost 5 months I will probably nod off on a postage stamp anyway so bring cattle class on.  A few beers, a few wines and I will be ready to sleep. 

I can think of so many things I could do with that £351 that would offer me and my family much better value.

Edited by Horizondave
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Just got an email from Emirates inviting me to pay for an upgrade on the Dubai Bangkok leg of my journey on Friday for the princely sum of £351. The rest of the trip including the Heathrow Dubai leg would still be in economy and I can't use the lounge in Dubai.  Very quick thought about it, I will give it a miss, really don't think that is a good deal at all.

I expect to get great service in economy and having not had a break from work in almost 5 months I will probably nod off on a postage stamp anyway so bring cattle class on.  A few beers, a few wines and I will be ready to sleep. 

I can think of so many things I could do with that £351 that would offer me and my family much better value.

Sometimes i would upgrade the outward bound flights for around £700.00 if i'd been working like hell before flying out and it would set me up for my gold card for the rest of the year which give me 55 kilos, business check in and fast track plus lounge access

I would end up with 150% points too.

Just now, Lanzalad said:

Sometimes i would upgrade the outward bound flights for around £700.00 if i'd been working like hell before flying out and it would set me up for my gold card for the rest of the year which give me 55 kilos, business check in and fast track plus lounge access

I would end up with 150% points too.

The small print says I don't get any extra mileage for the upgrade, in fact the only thing you get is the upgrade; no lounge, no limousine, no extra mileage.......not even sure I would have paid if they had offered me the Heathrow through Dubai to Bangkok legs.

3 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

The small print says I don't get any extra mileage for the upgrade, in fact the only thing you get is the upgrade; no lounge, no limousine, no extra mileage.......not even sure I would have paid if they had offered me the Heathrow through Dubai to Bangkok legs.

I understand that many of the middle eastern carries are doing the same from now on.

Them day of getting all them extras are long gone.. i don't know why as the customer is still paying for the business flight.

On 11/28/2018 at 10:18 AM, Al McReady said:

Feeling wiped out having just returned from a brief trip to Bangkok, however, it's my birthday today so looks like another night on the tiles.

Hope you had a blinding birthday mate.

Just cracked open a cider so i'll dedicate it to you.😄

• Thanks 1