Football

Thinkingallowed

8 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

And The Mighty Leeds go top on goal difference ... Automatic promotion is between 3 teams now that Saints have dropped off the pace ......

You're going really well DD 👍

6 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

And of course I was thinking of you when I made that comment too !!

Your next match is away to the mighty Hornets,I just hope we get a bit of new manager bounce & make a game of it.

I think it's live on Sky & I'll be home by then so being the sucker for punishment that I am I'll watch it.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, coxyhog said:

Your next match is away to the mighty Hornets,I just hope we get a bit of new manager bounce & make a game of it.

I think it's live on Sky & I'll be home by then so being the sucker for punishment that I am I'll watch it.

Of course I want Leeds to win but Good Luck and let's hope it's a good game..

• Thumbs Up 2

26 minutes ago, East is West said:

Why are Everton , Forest and Reading docked points  ... City not ? oh yes owned by Saudis ...

Abu Dhabi,Newcastle are owned by the Saudis.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, East is West said:

Why are Everton , Forest and Reading docked points  ... City not ? oh yes owned by Saudis ...

The big clubs are protected. How can Barcelona operate with a billion euro debt?.

All about the Benjamins as they say.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, galenkia said:

The big clubs are protected. How can Barcelona operate with a billion euro debt?.

All about the Benjamins as they say.

Not sure the big clubs are protected, I think those cases are just ongoing. Don't deny they probably have top quality lawyers pushing the times frames but the Premier League haven't got around to them yet.

In fact the sanctions for Chelsea and Man City could be far worse than has been handed to Everton and Notts Forest.

I think it is a case of 'watch this space'

The situation with Chelsea and Manchester City is different. As of now, neither Chelsea nor Manchester City have been charged by the Premier League for any financial violations. UEFA previously fined Chelsea for a breach, but the Premier League operates under different rules. The investigation into City’s numerous charges is still ongoing, and the outcome remains unknown. Due to the complexity and scale of City’s case, it may take some time to reach a conclusion

• Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Forest docked 4 points!

Everton still facing another case!

Will Luton survive ...?????

Forest are going to appeal but the outcome of that won't be decided until after the end of the season. Total shambles!

• Surprised 2

16 minutes ago, East is West said:

Matters not they wont go after  them as it would be islamaphobic  @ 

I don't think that any foreign state should be allowed to buy a British sporting institution.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 3/19/2024 at 4:22 PM, Horizondave said:

Don't deny they probably have top quality lawyers pushing the times frames but the Premier League haven't got around to them yet.

I think they will get docked points at the end of the season ready for the start of next season, so they start with a minus total. Next season will be about surviving using their "second teams" and best players for Europe and domestic cups..

8 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I think they will get docked points at the end of the season ready for the start of next season, so they start with a minus total. Next season will be about surviving using their "second teams" and best players for Europe and domestic cups..

Supposedly Chelsea can stop the possible Premier League Sanctions by selling certain players, according to media reports. Still sounds a bit fishy myself but June 30 deadline is an important date in this saga.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/other/chelsea-told-to-sell-three-players-for-110m-to-avoid-ffp-punishment/ar-BB1kiOnY 

Still believe the Premier League will investigate further as so much money has been spent and not enough coming in.

• Thumbs Up 1

Gareth who? Well done done to Wales for making it to to the Play Off Final for this summers Euros, they will play Poland on Tuesday night at the Cardiff City Stadium. Rob Page has got them playing a decent brand of football.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Leicester City are being investigated too .... Hope they get points deducted this season !!!

No conflict of interest in that post 🤣

Hope they go up, better buzz around King Power, more offers 🤣

• Haha 1