Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

As long as the ministries of foreign affairs in our homecountries are warning against all unnecessary travels to Thailand, 99999 out 100000 sane people will refrain from travelling there, plus your travel insurrance will not cover anything. And logically that will costs in the tourist business in Thailand. Will be interesting to see what businesses will survive and which will shut down.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Esco said:

And if they stay longer than a day many just sleep in the back of their car. 

That is certainly true particularly at the weekends and National holidays.

I will be cycling early tomorrow along beach road Bansaray and even in this rainy season I will be surprised if I do not see a few who have stayed overnight. Unfortunately I expect at least one will have all its doors open and a sound system at a painful volume!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, monkey_omelette said:

New look around

As much as it was nice to see around the areas it just seemed to confirm that the entertainment business must be in a dire situation.  Guy was trying to spin a busy and positive vibe but didn't sell it to me. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Only 1 of the former 3 R-Con beer bars is open........The 2 empty ones dont look to me to be on stand-by.......On the inside they look gutted.....

Those bars have pulled in Coin from day #1.......Not really sure whats going on there?

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

As much as it was nice to see around the areas it just seemed to confirm that the entertainment business must be in a dire situation.  Guy was trying to spin a busy and positive vibe but didn't sell it to me. 

I have no problem with business owners trying to put a positive spin on things, but if you're going to do that, best not filming empty bars and broadcasting them on YouTube. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

I have no problem with business owners trying to put a positive spin on things, but if you're going to do that, best not filming empty bars and broadcasting them on YouTube. 

I can agree with it being no problem but I like a balanced view as if somebody is overly positive but the situation is far from it then it tends to offer me a negative view, better just to show it and report and let the audience looking in decide for themselves.

I think most of us who have known Pattaya over the years can make our own minds up of what we are seeing. At least some of the girls gave me a positive vibe lol. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

I can agree with it being no problem but I like a balanced view as if somebody is overly positive but the situation is far from it then it tends to offer me a negative view, better just to show it and report and let the audience looking in decide for themselves.

I think most of us who have known Pattaya over the years can make our own minds up of what we are seeing. At least some of the girls gave me a positive vibe lol. 

Just look at the pics of the Marquee bar, says it all to me, if the R-Con bars are on trouble as some suggest, well that really would be worrysome. 

• Thumbs Up 2

41 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Just look at the pics of the Marquee bar, says it all to me, if the R-Con bars are on trouble as some suggest, well that really would be worrysome. 

I have never drank at any of the bars you mention .. I'm of the view , that if some bars close , others will replace them if there is a market ... it seems like for years people have been saying there are too many bars and GoGos , maybe if a proportion close it will be good for the rest 

Edited by Stillearly
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I have never drank at any of the bars you mention .. I'm of the view , that if some bars close , others will replace them if there is a market ... it seems like for years people have been saying there are too many bars and GoGos , maybe if a proportion close it will be good for the rest 

Marquee bar is/was one of the most consistently busy bars on soi buakhao, from midday right through to the early hours, the r-con bars weren't far behind.

I agree, some bars will fail but most won't, and those that do fail will find a buyer. There's never a shortage of horny, lubbed up farangs trying to find a way to be with their beloved.

My point is, there are some people online trying to point a rosy picture that things aren't as bad as they seem, but when some of the busiest bars in central pattaya are either closed or empty of customers, you know the situation is grim. 

Edited by dcfc2007
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Marquee bar is/was one of the most consistently busy bars on soi buakhao, from midday right through to the early hours, the r-con bars weren't far behind.

I agree, some bars will fail but most won't, and those that do fail will find a buyer. There's never a shortage of horny, lubbed up farangs trying to find a way to be with their beloved.

My point is, there are some people online trying to point a rosy picture that things aren't as bad as they seem, but when some of the busiest bars in central pattaya are either closed or empty of customers, you know the situation is grim. 

Comical Ali's!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Carrying on from MOs guy earlier  this just popped up from July 12th. No Orangey parade but his nighife tour continued ...

Orangey Parade, how dare you!!!

I've never been so outraged in my life!

@fatbhoytim will be all over this post proclaiming there will be no such bigotry on this forum. 

Shameful stuff, not sure i'lll sleep tonight, Disgrass Sean you big racist bigot!

• Haha 1

I've never been so offended in all my life ....... I'm cancelling you and deleting you from my Twitterbook .......you transphobic non hetero normative cis gender 

patriarchal white fragility pro Brexiteer fox hunting zhe shaming Shankhill Ridley Road Orthodox Jewish kosher butcher.

There I've covered all bases of offence ................... or a few of them anyway ............ I forgot anti Armenian ???WTF ...wll you said you liked Turkey so by association ......

I'll sleep like a log tonight now feel much better. 

Greta .... :default_458:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

I've never been so offended in all my life ....... I'm cancelling you and deleting you from my Twitterbook .......you transphobic non hetero normative cis gender 

patriarchal white fragility pro Brexiteer fox hunting zhe shaming Shankhill Ridley Road Orthodox Jewish kosher butcher.

There I've covered all bases of offence ................... or a few of them anyway ............ I forgot anti Armenian ???WTF ...wll you said you liked Turkey so by association ......

I'll sleep like a log tonight now feel much better. 

Greta .... :default_458:

See, that's you kafflicks attacking me again, ganging up on the wee Jewish, non binary, gluton free, vegan, Proddy, with a preferred pronoun of King Billy!

I tell ya, @fatbhoytim will be contacting ANTIFA about this, he won't stand for this sorta bigotry on the forum!

• Haha 1

On 7/12/2020 at 4:44 PM, Lirchenfeld said:

As long as the ministries of foreign affairs in our homecountries are warning against all unnecessary travels to Thailand, 99999 out 100000 sane people will refrain from travelling there, plus your travel insurrance will not cover anything.

That is not the case for the Brits any longer.  Lack of Brits is due to Thailand's actions and requirements.

5 hours ago, Krapow said:

Is ibar, insomnia etc open?

Dear non binary King Billy zhim. That link I posted yesterday by the American guy Josh has a visit to iBar Insomnia (non-somnambulist) on your patron saints day July 12th to iBar and all over. He's a cheerful soul.

He (preferred pronoun) filmed some (micro aggression alert) beautiful women in there. In fact as in almost all places he visits it was 90% cis gender women.

Lucky bastard he was surrounded by them .............. :default_friends: ......... ya won't find that in the Yucatan Stamford Hill.

Edited by nampla69
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, fforest said:

Only 1 of the former 3 R-Con beer bars is open........The 2 empty ones dont look to me to be on stand-by.......On the inside they look gutted.....

Those bars have pulled in Coin from day #1.......Not really sure whats going on there?

One of the owners told me they're holding off on opening the other two bars until more of the restrictions ease, hopefully by August. Although I think the reality will be there won't be a large enough customer base to open the bars until international travel resumes.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, simon said:

Most definitely tough times ahead, no 2 week high season this year me thinks.

Even in the unlikely event that Thailand were to open its borders, the state of play in the US, Australia and parts of Europe mean its unlikely there would be anywhere near the same amount of people travelling. 

• Thumbs Up 3