What's your baht worth? Exchange rates on the street...

Painter

Tomorrow I believe the Bank Of England are meeting, interest rates will be on the agenda I am sure. 80 percent of those polled (financial institutions) believe a 0.25% to 0.5% increase will take place. Will this have a positive effect on the £, it used to, but these days, who knows.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Tomorrow I believe the Bank Of England are meeting, interest rates will be on the agenda I am sure. 80 percent of those polled (financial institutions) believe a 0.25% to 0.5% increase will take place. Will this have a positive effect on the £, it used to, but these days, who knows.

I think too many different reasons for the weak pound,so a hike in interest rates may not have much effect. Certainly a weak pound against the dollar which is used to buy oil,  has added to the increase in fuel. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Butch said:

As expected, interest rates up to 1.25% , a .25% increase.

Predicted Inflation figures not looking very nice at all.

Guardian article, (first that I found).

https://www.theguardian.com/business/live/2022/jun/16/bank-of-england-interest-rate-decision-markets-pound-ftse-business-live

The only good thing about high inflation for me, at 66, will be that the inflation rate in Autumn (normally September) is likely to determine what pension increase will apply from next April. As the Triple Lock has been confirmed for 2023/2024 with an expected 11% in October it looks like inflation will be above 10% in September. That will mean the pension going up by 10% in April as the Triple Lock has been brough back by the Tory government. That will mean between £900 - £1000 for me.

• Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, Horizondave said:

The only good thing about high inflation for me, at 66, will be that the inflation rate in Autumn (normally September) is likely to determine what pension increase will apply from next April. As the Triple Lock has been confirmed for 2023/2024 with an expected 11% in October it looks like inflation will be above 10% in September. That will mean the pension going up by 10% in April as the Triple Lock has been brough back by the Tory government. That will mean between £900 - £1000 for me.

Looking good for the next COLA for US Social Security next year. The downside is it will probably move up the projected insolvency date for Soc Sec.

Hot inflation data points to a record-high Social Security cost-of-living adjustment in 2023. Some want to change how increases are measured

That data is focused on urban consumers. A subset of that data, called the Consumer Price Index for Urban Wage Earners and Clerical Workers, or CPI-W, that is used to calculate the Social Security cost-of-living adjustment each year, climbed 9.3% over the last 12 months.

As a result, the COLA for 2023 could be 8.6%, according to a new estimate from The Senior Citizens League, a nonpartisan senior group. That is unchanged from the group’s forecast last month.
Social Security recipients saw a 5.9% boost to their benefits this year, the highest in about 40 years. A higher COLA for next year would also break records. It is possible such an increase could impact the projected insolvency dates for Social Security’s trust funds, according to the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Yessongs said:

Sent money over to our account last week in Thailand, I cannot take the chance that it will go above 35.

35 per $1 USA is pretty good. 

Thanks for your efforts posting this up.

Yes it is! Just sent some money to Grandma & Gramps...via Wise. 👵👨‍🦳👍

Capture1.JPG

• Thumbs Up 3

From Super Rich in Central World just now. 

Seem to have a different rate for Scotland though 😅  wee Jimmy Krankie and the rest of the Nats would be screaming discrimination, or has Scottish independence happened and I've missed it 🤔 

20220622_125908.jpg

20220622_125901.jpg

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Ooooh you're gonna be in a world of hurt when you land!

Funny enough, I've heard that statement before 🙂

Anyways I'm moving to Scotland if they get independence, my daughter wants her own Unicorn, I want to live a life of utopian luxury and my Mrs wants to be paid in handfuls of solid gold sovereigns for working 20 hours a week.

20 minutes ago, CalEden said:

Could not find a Superrich exchange in Pattaya. Is there any exchange that has consistently good rates in Pattaya like Superrich and Vasu in Bangkok?

The most consistent with better rates in Pattaya is TT, the yellow places quoted in this thread. Just check it is the the right place (they have a number of branches) as there have been some imitations with lesser rates.

There is Gold Bank, but they have disappointed the last few times I checked.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Chang_Paarp said:

The most consistent with better rates in Pattaya is TT, the yellow places quoted in this thread. Just check it is the the right place (they have a number of branches) as there have been some imitations with lesser rates.

There is Gold Bank, but they have disappointed the last few times I checked.

Thank you! And may all your exchanges be Happy Endings!