Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

1 hour ago, Painter said:

Round 3 in the air chance lounge

20220413_222808.jpg

I only ever flew Air Chance,on a return Paris-Houston in 1986,two good points were free Champagne in cattle and when landing in Houston they woke us up just before touchdown.

11 minutes ago, Painter said:

When I booked it it was 90 minutes in ams. Then they cancelled the morning flight to SOU, so I have an 8 ish hour layover. All because I want to avoid lhr or lgw....

Round 2

16499232728272639567641042194854.jpg

I must admit with an eight hour lay over in Amsterdam, I would have considered leaving the airport and going on the train into the City.  That said what was the position with queues at security when you entered the airport?

19 minutes ago, john luke said:

I must admit with an eight hour lay over in Amsterdam, I would have considered leaving the airport and going on the train into the City.  That said what was the position with queues at security when you entered the airport?

Yeah, I'd be tempted to go to the city, but as you say, queues could be an issue getting in.

Hard to plan any foreign travel at the moment without last minute hitches.

22 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Yeah, I'd be tempted to go to the city, but as you say, queues could be an issue getting in.

Hard to plan any foreign travel at the moment without last minute hitches.

It was the 2nd part of that that stopped me, that plus getting an answer to any question from KLM or trying to understand the Dutch government's website being frustrating...

As is it I'm booked into a sleeping pod for a few hours, hoping that KLM will pay when I go through the official complaints channel.  If not, well, it's only money....

• Like 3

On 4/12/2022 at 11:14 PM, Glasseye said:

Ha !

Sorry to post this here.... but I though, probably the best place. 

Surprsingly good selection. I've a eaten in that Hawksmoor(excellent), the Poppies fish & chips (very decent but you get way better up North of England). Borough Market is good but pricey, most locals eat from a smaller subset of pop ups further down the Borough High Road, and finally that stall on Brick Lane where he had the chicken tikka masasla- that is superb.

Not sure about that Pie & Mash in Hoxton though at Number 5?  One for the Hammer @nampla69 to judge the authenticity- he is though clueless on Sherpherd's Pie😄

2 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Couldn't find any normal Hot Cross Buns .. all the supermarkets had weird flavours - Cheese , Chocolate , Marmite, Apple and umpteen other versions ... I eventually took the blueberry as I thought it would be less offensive... 555

17C7053F-6609-4BA0-A76B-80278181B7D3.jpeg

I had blueberries ones the other day. Freebie from my M&S Sparks card.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Couldn't find any normal Hot Cross Buns .. all the supermarkets had weird flavours - Cheese , Chocolate , Marmite, Apple and umpteen other versions ... I eventually took the blueberry as I thought it would be less offensive... 555

17C7053F-6609-4BA0-A76B-80278181B7D3.jpeg

The M&S hot cross buns are really good

• Like 2

I made tu'hu (lamb stew with beets and leeks), one of the oldest recipes that's been found.  It dates back 3,700 years to Mesopotamia and was written in cuneiform on clay tablets.

reverse-of-YBC-4644.png

It's part of the set of four Yale Culinary Tablets which list 25 recipes that were served in ancient Babylon.  Tu'hu was a fairly simple recipe, similar to modern lamb stew except with different ingredients, herbs and spices.  The beets gave the lamb meat a red tinge.

IMG_2732.png

I made it with cubed lamb, onions, leeks, shallots, garlic, red beets, beer and baby spinach, with coriander and cumin seeds and fresh cilantro as the seasonings. It was different, but tasted good.  I had more baby spinach with vinegar on the side and served the stew over couscous.  Back in 1700 B.C., the Babylonians would have used boiled seminola wheat, a distant ancestor of couscous.

IMG_2735.png

Evil

Below is the start of tonight's supper: shrimp and polenta.  I'll post more pics later.

IMG_2727.png

• Like 4
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1