Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

4 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

It’s an outrage Gord! Vote with your feet! 

Baht bus up to 15B too now, or they just round up to 50 because they can’t make change ?

Sure it's a trivial amount but it still gives you an idea of how these things creep up on us; however, one can still ride a baht bus from the nether regions of Jomtien pretty well to Naklua for only 10b which still has to be one of the best deals going around here. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

Sure it's a trivial amount but it still gives you an idea of how these things creep up on us; however, one can still ride a baht bus from the nether regions of Jomtien pretty well to Naklua for only 10b which still has to be one of the best deals going around here. 

Unreal….same price as 2008….as is ST/LT right? Handsome man like us 🇨🇦 got it for free back then, no change ? 

16 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Inflation strikes again - one of my favourite Thai snacks, "kai pung", which I have been enjoying for years; when I first started buying them years ago it was four for 20b, then a year or two before Covid they cut that back to three for 20b and now the price is 25b:

rsz_kai_pung.jpg

Van ride into Central Buriram from Buriram airport. 

Eight years ago it was 80 baht. Now they are asking 600 baht.

• Sad 1
  • Surprised 1

16 hours ago, maipenrai said:

I saw a YouTube video in Thai of how they make these some time ago, I'll try and find it again when I have time; what they basically do is get a quantity of fresh eggs, and knock a small hole in the end of them and drain the contents. They then mix them all up with Maggi sauce amongst others, I believe, and grey pepper and then they use a big syringe or similar apparatus to put the mixture back into the eggs. Then they are placed in a large pot with a jig in the bottom to keep them upright, and are steamed. They are easy to peel and have an interesting taste and texture. Sometimes they'll sell them from street stalls, usually placed three on a stick but I prefer to buy them from the wandering vendors with the pole over the shoulder - they'll usually sell peanuts and snacks from one basket and these eggs, along with normal hard-boiled eggs and quail eggs, from the other. Try them, you might like them...

I have never tried these. I will definately give that a go.

As long as it is not like Balut (In the P.I.), fertilized embryo. That is a line I will not cross.

7 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Diavola 

IMG_8850.jpeg

Lovely.   I usually ask when ordering pizza to cook "well done", but often they don't do it because they are afraid of "burning" the edges and having it sent back (wasted). I don't mind some burnt edges at all.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

Dinner on shanghai Airlines.

Just got the options to chose from on my Air France flight in a couple of weeks. Beef cheeks I think .

Capture.JPG

• Thumbs Up 3

Wife wanted a salad and "summer" food yesterday for her and some friends, so I made a Larb Salmon, 2 salads with peach slices fried in honey, some grapes with Galbani Mozerella on spinach and a Basalmic vinegar and garlic dip for the sliced bread.

IMG_20220327_184330 (Medium).jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

25 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Depends if you order small or large. Pretty sure I had the large cod at less than 300 baht, it was lovely. The small portion would be enough for some.

I think he had the small one on both occasions.

Seemed plenty at the time.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Glasseye said:

I have never tried these. I will definately give that a go.

As long as it is not like Balut (In the P.I.), fertilized embryo. That is a line I will not cross.

Not even remotely similar to balut, which they also eat in much the same form in Cambodia - I have tried it once there in the past and don't intend to again. 

Here's a shot of an egg vendor for stillearly - note the snacks in the front basket topped with a bowl of quail eggs, with the chicken eggs kept warm on the rear basket over charcoal:

rsz_egg_vendor.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I think he had the small one on both occasions.

Seemed plenty at the time.

Good food and excellent service always, love the place and so convenient for drinks across the road as well. Turn left and the new complex towards the railway is also a great option after.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Butch said:

Wife wanted a salad and "summer" food yesterday for her and some friends, so I made a Larb Salmon, 2 salads with peach slices fried in honey, some grapes with Galbani Mozerella on spinach and a Basalmic vinegar and garlic dip for the sliced bread.

IMG_20220327_184330 (Medium).jpg

That ought to keep the houshold happy for a few hours. Very nice !

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Not even remotely similar to balut, which they also eat in much the same form in Cambodia - I have tried it once there in the past and don't intend to again. 

Here's a shot of an egg vendor for stillearly - note the snacks in the front basket topped with a bowl of quail eggs, with the chicken eggs kept warm on the rear basket over charcoal:

rsz_egg_vendor.jpg

I had balut when in Phils. Fucking discusting and I puked up straight after. 🤢

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sangsom said:

I had balut when in Phils. Fucking discusting and I puked up straight after. 🤢

Got to be pretty pissed to eat those eggs, have indulged on quite a few occasions.

Did enjoy the balut sisig in Gerry's Grill in SM Angeles once, was pretty good.

On 2/18/2024 at 7:33 AM, Glasseye said:

khai luuk in Laos, i also never tried the delicacy.