COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

12 minutes ago, Ivan the terrible said:

6 other corona viruses detected in bats ..people at risk for being case zero are guano miners ..and fucking  green idiot ecotourists in caves ..Extinction rebellion may be aptly named

Sorry. About 500 strains of coronavirus identified, dunno if all inhabit bats. Estimated 5000 yet to be identified!

A further 917 people have died from coronavirus in the UK in the last 24 hours, bringing the total number of confirmed deaths in hospitals to 9,875, the Department for Health and Social Care has announced.

The latest deaths include an 11-year-old and a 102-year-old, both in England.

As of 9am today, 269,598 people have been tested for the virus, and 78,991 have tested positive. 

Nineteen NHS workers have died so far.

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, coxyhog said:

A further 917 people have died from coronavirus in the UK in the last 24 hours, bringing the total number of confirmed deaths in hospitals to 9,875, the Department for Health and Social Care has announced.

The latest deaths include an 11-year-old and a 102-year-old, both in England.

As of 9am today, 269,598 people have been tested for the virus, and 78,991 have tested positive. 

Nineteen NHS workers have died so far.

It's okay, according to some here it's all an overreaction. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, galenkia said:

I would also hazard a guess (just a guess) that 19 NHS workers dying is not a normal situation occurring as part of their duties when dealing with their patients.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

My little corner of the world was untouched a short time back. We now have 44 confirmed cases but no deaths as yet. We are just starting out on this journey and it won't be pretty.  We are on lockdown and most are taking it very seriously. The panic buying has come an gone. Most realize that food and paper products will continue to be replenished. Hand sanitizer, face masks and Clorox type of cleaners are nonexistent. We are way behind the curve for test kits but so is everywhere else in the world. 

I am still working. I am in construction and it is deemed a necessary occupation. But when this job is over in 2 to 3 weeks I am definitely going to self isolate. I am 100% positive that the immediate key to knocking this virus down is self isolation.  The next step is finding a vaccine. 

This thing isn't going away any time soon. It could take 6 months or even years to get this bugger in line. But if we don't self isolate?  Who knows!

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

7 hours ago, Ivan the terrible said:

No...we developed a vaccine  to that in 4 months 

I remain hopeful we will have one to covid 19 before year end 

Was an interesting interview with Sarah Gilbert- professor of vaccinology, University of Oxford in today's UK Times print edition.

They have a potential vaccine going into human trials within the next 2 weeks. This won't just be Oxford working on this but Universities worldwide, with some big corporate money behind it, if needed.

I winced when she said felt it had an 80% chance of success- apparently she has a decent track record of producing vaccines. Her plan would see phases of the development, currently sequential run in parallel e.g large doses of the vaccine would be developed later in the trial stages so if successful there would be a product ready to go.

A gamble, but worth taking when we think about the sums being spent by the UK government to get us through this.

The Times were spinning this as September but she really says Autumn.

Not just based on this study alone, but I share your optimism that  someone will crack this before year end🤞🤞

• Like 4

My next door neighbour is a pharmacist and whilst talking with her today I mention a vaccine. She did say that could be a while off yet but she told me that by winter something akin to the flu shot will be available and whilst it won't be a cure it would certainly help with the symptoms of covid19. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, galenkia said:

Really?  Who?  Not me.  I simply say that we don't shut down the economy and place everyone under house arrest for things that kill far more people, and we usually require a LOT more data before making decisions of this magnitude.

Edited by Rompho Ray
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Horizondave said:

I would also hazard a guess (just a guess) that 19 NHS workers dying is not a normal situation occurring as part of their duties when dealing with their patients.

A quick web search shows that this statistic is not usually published.  I can only wonder why.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, galenkia said:

But try telling that to some here. They just don't get how bad this could get without lockdown. 

And the government isn't giving us the numbers we need to judge.  The numbers they're giving us are based on bogus models and incomplete data.  We have no idea what would happen without lockdown, because the numbers are sparse, incomplete and don't add up, and the models are bogus.

The models all consider the lock-downs like the ones that have taken place, and they're all off by significant margins.  Who beside a few people like me is asking why that's true?  Why is ANYONE asking why anybody would care about that?!

I don't trust governments, sorry.

Edited by Rompho Ray
  • Like 2
  • Great Info 1

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

Do I think this is all a planned, instigated situation, a hoax, fake, not real, where a group of the Illuminati, New World Order, Rockefeller, little green men, big green lizards, or whatever is currently fashionable in those mad websites, read by even madder headcases, contrived to make this situation happen, and continue to fool the vast majority except of course those who read the mad websites, err no I don't. 

I don't either.  Not too many people are that stupid.

What I'm asking is whether some people in government are very interested in using this "emergency" to do a little social engineering research such as to find out how people will react to having their civil liberties curtailed without good explanations given.  I don't see why this question is considered so far-fetched, given that governments have done a lot of other things like this before.

3 minutes ago, Rompho Ray said:

I don't either.  Not too many people are that stupid.

What I'm asking is whether some people in government are very interested in using this "emergency" to do a little social engineering research such as to find out how people will react to having their civil liberties curtailed without good explanations given.  I don't see why this question is considered so far-fetched, given that governments have done a lot of other things like this before.

the key in enacting reulation/legislation is that we have sunset clauses at which time the law/reg has to obtain further parliamentry approval

49 minutes ago, Ivan the terrible said:

the key in enacting reulation/legislation is that we have sunset clauses at which time the law/reg has to obtain further parliamentry approval

Well, I don't profess to know what's going on in the UK at the moment, but here in the US it's "hey, tell ya later" about reopening the economy.  If it gives you any idea, it reminds me of Prayuth's promises of elections.

As an American, l still say all these curtailments of our civil liberties are not in any way justified by anything in our federal Constitution.  State governors are citing emergency laws and clauses, but our Constitution is supreme, and no state can enact laws that contradict it.  

Never mind the right to peaceably assemble.  States are arresting people for going to church.

This will be challenged.  And, it will NEVER happen again. 

You heard it here first.

Edited by Rompho Ray
  • Great Info 1

On 4/12/2020 at 5:30 AM, Krapow said:

Do I think this crisis will be/is being exploited by Politicians, Governments, Security Services, biased media etc etc, yes, of course! 

Be that a 'power grab', be that to make them look good, get them elected, get them re-elected, get a rival ousted, be that so we get taxed more, be that some freedoms lost in certain countries, be that making a shit load of money, be that whatever the f**k else.

That's always happened in these kinda situations, if people can, if they have the power and opportunity, then some most certainly will. 

I even started a thread a week or so ago stating such, where I said I don't think the world will be the same again. 

Do I think this is all a planned, instigated situation, a hoax, fake, not real, where a group of the Illuminati, New World Order, Rockefeller, little green men, big green lizards, or whatever is currently fashionable in those mad websites, read by even madder headcases, contrived to make this situation happen, and continue to fool the vast majority except of course those who read the mad websites, err no I don't. 

I don't believe the vaccine (when we hopefully get one) will have some sort of 'chip' in it to, I don't know, i'm sure any conspiracy freak could jump in here and help me with the real answer, control us, brain wash us, kill us, monitor us, make us all sent 20,000 Baht every month for a sick buffalo!

Things don't have to be so binary here, if you use a little nuance. 

Am I worried about the economy after this, you're fucking I am! I am worried for my job, i'm worried that the best case scenario is that I don't get a pay rise for, well, forever, yet taxed a hell of a lot more to help pay for this. That's best case, worse case is I have  no job.  

Am I worried about lots of new restrictions, say for example on travel, new stuff like some medical certificate, some app which is compulsory which lets the authorities know exactly where you are, or some other new shite!

But mostly what I am worried about is my elderly parents, my wife and my daughter, worried for their lives, hoping we can all get through this safely. 

This thread to me is kinda showing how we all are dealing with this in our different ways, and sometimes it's not pretty, whether our worry/frustration/boredom/anger or whatever with the current situation is displayed to eachother. And I fully hold my hands up to my part in that as well. 

I genuinely wish you all well and hope we all get through this safe and sound. 

Ya bunch of cunts!

Edited by fforest

1 hour ago, Rompho Ray said:

As an American, l still say all these curtailments of our civil liberties are not in any way justified by anything in our federal Constitution.  State governors are citing emergency laws and clauses, but our Constitution is supreme, and no state can enact laws that contradict it.  

Never mind the right to peaceably assemble.  States are arresting people for going to church.

I agree ........ the lawless arbitrary decisions by the local governments are just wrong !

But, Planned Parenthood abortion centers are open .... churches are closed ... WTF ?

Our basic freedoms are being attacked / surrendered .... ( yes, I understand the Wuhan virus threat ) .... but basic freedoms are far more important and significant than a virus ....

What is next ?  .. a chip implanted in your ( indicating you are Wuhan virus free - a Gates recommendation ) ... medical passports ( Farucci recommendation ) ... whats next another chip in your arm saying you are gonorrhea free , etceteras ? 

So now you drive from NY to NJ and get stopped at the state line and a coppers says  " let me see your papers " ... WTF?

A lot more at stake here than a virus ....

• Thumbs Up 3

26 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I agree ........ the lawless arbitrary decisions by the local governments are just wrong !

But, Planned Parenthood abortion centers are open .... churches are closed ... WTF ?

Our basic freedoms are being attacked / surrendered .... ( yes, I understand the Wuhan virus threat ) .... but basic freedoms are far more important and significant than a virus ....

What is next ?  .. a chip implanted in your ( indicating you are Wuhan virus free - a Gates recommendation ) ... medical passports ( Farucci recommendation ) ... whats next another chip in your arm saying you are gonorrhea free , etceteras ? 

So now you drive from NY to NJ and get stopped at the state line and a coppers says  " let me see your papers " ... WTF?

A lot more at stake here than a virus ....

A bit like (in the US) the push to require IDs to vote. From what I understand it's a constitutional right.

6 minutes ago, lazarus said:

A bit like (in the US) the push to require IDs to vote. From what I understand it's a constitutional right.

What does one thing have to do with the other?  Anyone who qualifies to vote will have a proper ID.  This isn't 1820 when births were recorded in the family Bible.

24 minutes ago, Rompho Ray said:

What does one thing have to do with the other?  Anyone who qualifies to vote will have a proper ID.  This isn't 1820 when births were recorded in the family Bible.

Not necessary.

SEC. 2. No voting qualification or prerequisite to voting, or standard, practice, or procedure shall be imposed or applied by any State or political subdivision to deny or abridge the right of any citizen of the United States to vote on account of race or color.

source: https://www.ourdocuments.gov/doc.php?flash=true&doc=100&page=transcript

28 minutes ago, Rompho Ray said:

There is no constitutional right to carry a disease, travel freely, or be required to prove absence of a heath condition.