COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

3 hours ago, boydeste said:

From your suggestion, I can only assume you are not familiar with how the UK has been managing Covid. We have been doing just that for the best part of a year and it has been proven to not be enough to control this super contagious virus. Therefore to get control we have had to lockdown in adition to TTI.

Both of these measures have been used to give us time to get a successful vaccine rollout.

Sadly there are many countries now that have taken alternatives as you are suggesting, not locked down and have suffered the consequences.

Lets hope we can all get vaccinated and then get back to some normality.

Mate it is a world wide problem... there is over a 190 countries world wide.

I am familiar with the UK.. they have done a good job ... no a great job.....with the rollout of the vaccine. .and would say they are number one followed by the  US.

Not a shot at you mate ... but really most we hear  on here is about the UK. I understand the forum has many BMs from there but if other BMs bring up their own country ..if it is not about the UK or the US... you seem to get attacked along if you have a different opinion.. Have a look.. the UK did  this...the UK did that ..yes they did and great for them .. but a few other countries have done pretty well also. 

I have said it since day one.... we have to learn to live with the the virus.... we have had lockdowns now for over a year...an realistically they not worked...... can you name a country where they have worked?

People keep bringing  up the Spanish Flu... very sad and many deaths occurred...but that is years ago...it lasted ...what 2 years? The medical facilities.... the medical and scientific know how back then is way behind to what is available now. ... but with all the resources we have today... with all the medical and scientific brains we have today.... why is it the first word out of their mouths even after all this time is......lockdown.

cheers

54 minutes ago, roobob said:

I have said it since day one.... we have to learn to live with the the virus.... we have had lockdowns now for over a year...an realistically they not worked...... can you name a country where they have worked?

You've already named the country,the UK.Lockdown has given the health service the time and relief which they have used to roll out the vaccine.

Edited by coxyhog
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, roobob said:

Mate it is a world wide problem... there is over a 190 countries world wide.

I am familiar with the UK.. they have done a good job ... no a great job.....with the rollout of the vaccine. .and would say they are number one followed by the  US.

Not a shot at you mate ... but really most we hear  on here is about the UK. I understand the forum has many BMs from there but if other BMs bring up their own country ..if it is not about the UK or the US... you seem to get attacked along if you have a different opinion.. Have a look.. the UK did  this...the UK did that ..yes they did and great for them .. but a few other countries have done pretty well also. 

People keep bringing  up the Spanish Flu... very sad and many deaths occurred...but that is years ago...it lasted ...what 2 years? The medical facilities.... the medical and scientific know how back then is way behind to what is available now. ... but with all the resources we have today... with all the medical and scientific brains we have today.... why is it the first word out of their mouths even after all this time is......lockdown.

cheers

The reason the UK is talked about so much is because we have experience of how to control and deal with covid, you seem to be missing a key point, TTI and lockdowns are very successful at controling the virus and in every country that has employed those tactics, it has worked very well, but it needs to be followed up with a successful vaccine rollout. Vaccines are at the moment the only way we are going to live with covid and prevent massive loss of life.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Seems amazing but today UK and Thailand have had the same number of deaths - 11.

Additionally UK had 726 less new cases, which is actually quite amazing bearing in mind UK does around a million tests every day.

No doubt tomorrow and particularly Tuesday will be different as UK figs at weekends are less due to weekend reporting, but didn't imagine UK and Thailand would be on a par.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Britboy said:

Seems amazing but today UK and Thailand have had the same number of deaths - 11.

Additionally UK had 726 less new cases, which is actually quite amazing bearing in mind UK does around a million tests every day.

No doubt tomorrow and particularly Tuesday will be different as UK figs at weekends are less due to weekend reporting, but didn't imagine UK and Thailand would be on a par.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

It's amazing and proof that lockdown works very well, brought us down from over 2000 deaths per day to low double figures. Now we have what we hope is a successful vaccine rollout, hopefully we can maintain those figures and start to live more normally with covid.

Fingers crossed and all the toes too!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

11 hours ago, coxyhog said:

You've already named the country,the UK.Lockdown has given the health service the time and relief which they have used to roll out the vaccine.

So are you confident with how the UK has handled things there will not be future lockdowns???

cheers

10 hours ago, boydeste said:

The reason the UK is talked about so much is because we have experience of how to control and deal with covid, you seem to be missing a key point, TTI and lockdowns are very successful at controling the virus and in every country that has employed those tactics, it has worked very well, but it needs to be followed up with a successful vaccine rollout. Vaccines are at the moment the only way we are going to live with covid and prevent massive loss of life.

Agree...vaccinations are the key to getting things back on track..... it is rolling out well..... but if there is a hiccup...near all the first action is lockdown.

cheers

3 hours ago, roobob said:

Agree...vaccinations are the key to getting things back on track..... it is rolling out well..... but if there is a hiccup...near all the first action is lockdown.

cheers

So let me ask you again....

On 4/23/2021 at 6:15 PM, Painter said:

Test, trace and isolate is great, and is/has been used in many countries. However, a question back to you...

Track and trace has been shown to work well with small numbers. When numbers of infections become too great, track and trace just can't cope.

What sort of numbers of new cases, in your opinion, can track and trace cope with, or should be able to  cope with? 100? 500? 1000? 

What happens when case numbers go above this number, and numbers keep rising?

What is your alternative after track, trace and isolate? What should countries do if TTI fails to slow the spread?

Edited by Painter

On 4/23/2021 at 9:16 AM, Yessongs said:

Well, at we have something positive here locally right Lazarus? 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/california-goes-worst-first-virus-001356694.html

Yep. Life is looking a lot better for Californians right about now.

More folks need to step up to the plate and get their shots though, to make it stick.

(Btw: I'll put a call in with Xanny to set up that photoshoot.)

. . .

California Dreamin' lol

20210220-IMG_6316.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, roobob said:

cheers

That is correct, apart from vaccines it's our only proven method of control.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fforest said:

Stupid irresponsible t-shirt, an embarrassment for the guy but at least it's a nice colour and looks clean.

Just for his info:

It's important to know that a strong immune system will not prevent you from contracting COVID-19. SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is a novel pathogen, meaning those who contract it have no existing antibodies to mount a defense.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Stupid irresponsible t-shirt, an embarrassment for the guy but at least it's a nice colour and looks clean.

Just for his info:

It's important to know that a strong immune system will not prevent you from contracting COVID-19. SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is a novel pathogen, meaning those who contract it have no existing antibodies to mount a defense.

lol. even political t'rants have to wear 'em now.

PRAYUT FINED 6,000 BAHT FOR NOT WEARING MASK IN MEETING
https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2021/04/26/prayut-fined-6000-baht-for-not-wearing-mask-in-meeting/

Edited by lazarus
typo wear not were
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, fforest said:

And you think there was nothing strange about this whole "made for T.V" event?.......Just a warning for the little people...

The vultures are patient in Thailand right now - & it's "made for TV" pandemic fight act.

20210111-IMG_0865.jpg

Edited by lazarus
lol

54 minutes ago, boydeste said:

That is correct, apart from vaccines it's our only proven method of control.

Agree about the vaccine...but do not about the other being the only proven method of control.

Anyway... we have different views and we will have to agree to disagree on that lockdowns is the only proven method of control other than vaccines.

cheers 

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, roobob said:

Agree about the vaccine...but do not about the other being the only proven method of control.

Anyway... we have different views and we will have to agree to disagree on that lockdowns is the only proven method of control other than vaccines.

cheers 

That's fine, but I am a little confused, I think @Painteralready asked you, I may have missed your answer, but apart from TTI, lockdowns and vaccines, what other proven methods of control do you think are out there?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, boydeste said:

That's fine, but I am a little confused, I think @Painteralready asked you, I may have missed your answer, but apart from TTI, lockdowns and vaccines, what other proven methods of control do you think are out there?

I have had the same stance from Day 1 and have already given the answer a few times already on this topic so no need to again repeat it as it is all there. I may be mistaken but off the top of my head it may have been also mentioned /answered when we exchanged posts at different times before when giving our views on the lockdown process.

cheers

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, roobob said:

I have had the same stance from Day 1 and have already given the answer a few times already on this topic so no need to again repeat it as it is all there. I may be mistaken but off the top of my head it may have been also mentioned /answered when we exchanged posts at different times before when giving our views on the lockdown process.

cheers

Now I am even more dissapointed, so after all of our debate, you write 60 plus words of excuses, instead of simply giving an answer, that tells me all I need to know.   :default_1087:

Time for me to move on down the road as someone used to say! :default_fun:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

15 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Now I am even more dissapointed, so after all of our debate, you write 60 plus words of excuses, instead of simply giving an answer, that tells me all I need to know.   :default_1087:

Time for me to move on down the road as someone used to say! :default_fun:

I have given the answer mate...more than a few times... all on this topic. In fact I have copped heaps for what I have said and for repeating it so I am not going to repeat again. 

cheers

• Haha 2