COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

11 minutes ago, roobob said:

Maybe you should keep up with what you are being spoon feed....... and spend some time out of your time warp bubble to see what is actually going on in the real world...... 555.

cheers

Health Minister Greg Hunt has warned national borders may not reopen even with 100% vaccination — and experts say the economic fallout could be significant (msn.com)

Please stop trying to verbal me. I never put a date or conditions on reopening.

The big question though is how do YOU supposedly know what is going on in the 'real world' if you cannot in the vast majority of cases quote a source of the information.

The instance above where you provided a link is dated almost a week ago and they have changed their minds various times since then.

So much for your so called  'real world'.

Edited by Zeb

11 minutes ago, roobob said:

Maybe you should keep up with what you are being spoon feed....... and spend some time out of your time warp bubble to see what is actually going on in the real world...... 555.

cheers

Health Minister Greg Hunt has warned national borders may not reopen even with 100% vaccination — and experts say the economic fallout could be significant (msn.com)

Any relation to the Greg Hunt who said Australia's vaccination program would be under promised and over delivered.

4 minutes ago, Zeb said:

Please stop trying to verbal me. I never put a date or conditions on reopening.

The big question though is how do YOU supposedly know what is going on in the 'real world' if you cannot in the vast majority of cases quote a source of the information.

The instance above where you provided a link is dated almost a week ago and they have changed their minds various times since then.

So much for your so called  'real world'.

Well it seems I know that the Aussie Health Minister has stated national borders may not reopen even with 100% vaccination.

Look back through my posts...I have given references.... but never mind..... you continue to live within the bubble and I will stay in the real world.

Have a great day.

cheers

12 minutes ago, roobob said:

Well it seems I know that the Aussie Health Minister has stated national borders may not reopen even with 100% vaccination.

Look back through my posts...I have given references.... but never mind..... you continue to live within the bubble and I will stay in the real world.

If you believe borders aren't going to opening....I have a bridge for sale, great view, reasonable price....

You rarely give proof or references, just unsupported opinion, yet amusingly claim to have 'the overall, real situation'.

Asserting something doesn't make it so. Doing so repeatedly without evidence etc is sad.

Edited by Zeb

5 minutes ago, Zeb said:

If you believe borders aren't going to opening....I have a bridge for sale, great view, reasonable price....

You rarely give proof or references, just unsupported opinion, yet amusingly claim to have 'the overall, real situation'.

Asserting something doesn't make it so. Doing so repeatedly without evidence etc is sad.

Here you go.... hope your bubble does not burst when the reality sets in.

As said...have a good day

cheers

UN body tells Australia to ‘facilitate and ensure' return of stranded citizens (msn.com)

New Zealand ends its lockdown after eradicating Covid-19 | Daily Mail Online

Hotel quarantine linked to 99% of Victoria's Covid cases, inquiry told | Victoria | The Guardian

27 minutes ago, roobob said:

They are just links - NOT evidence to support your assertions.

You STILL haven't provide evidence.

Try providing evidence supporting your assertion that over 800 lost their lives in the hotel quarantine system. That link above is about Covid cases - not Covid deaths. Naughty - trying to pass off apples as oranges, ie cases as deaths. 

Very very naughty. 😒

The health authorities data is the accurate data - they say most deaths were in Aged Care.

Covid Deaths in Victorian Aged Care were 668.

Total Victorian Covid deaths are 820 to date.

Thats 81.4% Aged Care Covid Deaths 

Scources -

https://www.health.gov.au/resources/covid-19-cases-in-aged-care-services-residential-care

https://covidlive.com.au/vic

So much for your so called overall picture.

Edited by Zeb
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zeb said:

They are just links - NOT evidence to support your assertions.

You STILL haven't provide evidence.

Try providing evidence supporting your assertion that over 800 lost their lives in the hotel quarantine system. That link above is about Covid cases - not Covid deaths. Naughty - trying to pass off apples as oranges, ie cases as deaths. 

Very very naughty. 😒

The health authorities data is the accurate data - they say most deaths were in Aged Care.

Covid Deaths in Victorian Aged Care were 668.

Total Victorian Covid deaths are 820 to date.

Thats 81.4% Aged Care Covid Deaths 

Scources -

https://www.health.gov.au/resources/covid-19-cases-in-aged-care-services-residential-care

https://covidlive.com.au/vic

So much for your so called overall picture.

Read again...99% of all the virus cases were linked to the hotel quarantine debacle....and that statement came from Dr Charles Alpren an epidemiologist with the Victorian Department of Health and Human resources ..... but hey don't let the facts get in the way of your biased views...5555

It has been well reported about the NZ PM's statement how they eradicated the virus and she did a little jig to celebrate but again...don't let the facts get in the way of your biased view.

As for the stranded aussies... the facts speak for themselves of what has happened to them... which the UN agrees with and have asked Australia to look at the problem which they should have done a lot sooner than now.

Anyway..... I will leave you to your bubble as if you get to many facts coming your way all at once we would not like to overload your safety bubble to the point of where it could burst.

Again...have a good day.

cheers 

Edited by roobob

55 minutes ago, roobob said:

Read again...99% of all the virus cases were linked to the hotel quarantine debacle....and that statement came from Dr Charles Alpren an epidemiologist with the Victorian Department of Health and Human resources ..... but hey don't let the facts get in the way of your biased views...5555

Below is what you said over on page 349 - you've changed your argument -

Fact....due to the ineptness of the Victorian Govts running of the hotel quarantine system over 800 people lost their lives....fact. 

So first you were talking about lives, then to support your argument you switch it to cases. Thats naughty and being economical with the truth.

The Health authorities data also disagrees with you. That has already been supplied to you on two occasions. almost 83% of Victorian Deaths were in Aged Care - NOT HOTEL QUARANTINE.

HOTEL QUARANTINE recorded 800 or so cases. Not 800 deaths!

It has been well reported about the NZ PM's statement how they eradicated the virus and she did a little jig to celebrate but again...don't let the facts get in the way of your biased view.

Again this had no bearing on NZ's highly successful approach to the virus - your comment is irrelevant

As for the stranded aussies... the facts speak for themselves of what has happened to them... which the UN agrees with and have asked Australia to look at the problem which they should have done a lot sooner than now.

UN has no standing in this - they have no facts that speak. They can agree, they can disagree - no one cares. You have gratuitously told people to learn to live with the virus - well try living with it yourself and stop whining already & take your own advice.

Answers highlighted above.

Edited by Zeb

I think that the next step, is going to be to look for or develop a drug or drugs to alleviate /treat more severe symptoms of the virus. This is being talked about in the UK and other countries. New vaccines or modifications of existing vaccines  will also be developed to deal with the various mutations that will likely occur as Covid is under attack. The more roots that become available in tackling this virus, the better

Travel restrictions where necessary are still very important until the whole world becomes an equal playing field. Otherwise, all that will happen is that the virus will continue to be bounced around the globe and whilst one country may get some respite, then another gets clobbered and forced into lock downs etc. 

Personally, I think we are only half way there, and no, I don't have any data to offer. 

This is a world problem that needs world solutions. Viruses are not patriotic by nature. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Nightcrawler said:

I think that the next step, is going to be to look for or develop a drug or drugs to alleviate /treat more severe symptoms of the virus. This is being talked about in the UK and other countries. New vaccines or modifications of existing vaccines  will also be developed to deal with the various mutations that will likely occur as Covid is under attack. The more roots that become available in tackling this virus, the better

Travel restrictions where necessary are still very important until the whole world becomes an equal playing field. Otherwise, all that will happen is that the virus will continue to be bounced around the globe and whilst one country may get some respite, then another gets clobbered and forced into lock downs etc. 

Personally, I think we are only half way there, and no, I don't have any data to offer. 

This is a world problem that needs world solutions. Viruses are not patriotic by nature. 

Yes - Todays media was talking about a tablet form of drug.

More mutations are to be expected and things take time.

Even where we are at present has seen a vaccination made available in record time.

We are still at the 'hurry up and wait stage' though.

One thing that lockdowns have done is to buy the scientists and medics time to develop vaccines and medicines to treat the virus, without the health systems being overwhelmed as they have been in some places, and been threatened to in others.

Yes, we're all impatient to get on with life as it was, but these "cures" don't happen over night,  especially against an invisible unknown.

Edited by Painter
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

The one thing that we ALL have in common is that we want this misery to end.  Just a difference of opinion on how and when that might be achieved.  This pandemic has been a massive learning curve for Scientist, virologist, Politicians, Health care providers, Pharmaceuticals and the population of the world.  There are few habitable places on earth now that are not affected by the Virus. 

To do nothing, has not been an option in most cases/countries. It is quite clear that there is no magic bullet in ending this crisis. 

Of course there are question marks over how long economies can survive under current conditions, but that applies to every country. Poor and Developing countries are always going to lag behind without help. 

I had a conversation with someone just the other day who said that in the UK, Influenza cases have dropped rapidly during the Covid outbreak. But that should be No surprise at all, since the measures of masks, social distancing and isolation all effect the spread of Flu. It hasn't gone away, but it does show that Lockdowns are successful in reducing the spread of viruses, just as the number of cases plummeted during the second lock down.  

Once the Flu vaccine was rolled out several years ago, fearless people have died or been hospitalised as a result of the Flu virus. I believe that the same will happen with Covid 19 eventually. The difference being is that Covid is a far more aggressive abd deadly virus than the Flu virus. 

My view is that we have all come this far, and made so many  sacrifices, it would be suicide not to see this to the end. 

But, in the end, regardless of what we may think, we are all in the hands of Government and Government Scientists regardless of whether we agree or not. 

There will always be, antivaxers, Covid deniers,conspiracy theorists and anti lockdown supporters etc. But for now we are on a path which I don't think will deviate until it is safe to do so. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

The one thing that we ALL have in common is that we want this misery to end.  Just a difference of opinion on how and when that might be achieved.  This pandemic has been a massive learning curve for Scientist, virologist, Politicians, Health care providers, Pharmaceuticals and the population of the world.  There are few habitable places on earth now that are not affected by the Virus. 

To do nothing, has not been an option in most cases/countries. It is quite clear that there is no magic bullet in ending this crisis. 

Of course there are question marks over how long economies can survive under current conditions, but that applies to every country. Poor and Developing countries are always going to lag behind without help. 

I had a conversation with someone just the other day who said that in the UK, Influenza cases have dropped rapidly during the Covid outbreak. But that should be No surprise at all, since the measures of masks, social distancing and isolation all effect the spread of Flu. It hasn't gone away, but it does show that Lockdowns are successful in reducing the spread of viruses, just as the number of cases plummeted during the second lock down.  

Once the Flu vaccine was rolled out several years ago, fearless people have died or been hospitalised as a result of the Flu virus. I believe that the same will happen with Covid 19 eventually. The difference being is that Covid is a far more aggressive abd deadly virus than the Flu virus. 

My view is that we have all come this far, and made so many  sacrifices, it would be suicide not to see this to the end. 

But, in the end, regardless of what we may think, we are all in the hands of Government and Government Scientists regardless of whether we agree or not. 

There will always be, antivaxers, Covid deniers,conspiracy theorists and anti lockdown supporters etc. But for now we are on a path which I don't think will deviate until it is safe to do so. 

Good post.... but do you think since this virus kicked off that some cases of influenza ...be it mild or serious has been recorded as Covid and that could lead to a drop of the annual influenza numbers??

After all...many GPs would have been alerted about the new virus with symptoms to look our for and maybe some cases were mistaken identified. The symptoms after all are similar to influenza.

cheers

Symptoms of Coronavirus | CDC

16 minutes ago, roobob said:

Good post.... but do you think since this virus kicked off that some cases of influenza ...be it mild or serious has been recorded as Covid and that could lead to a drop of the annual influenza numbers??

After all...many GPs would have been alerted about the new virus with symptoms to look our for and maybe some cases were mistaken identified. The symptoms after all are similar to influenza.

cheers

Symptoms of Coronavirus | CDC

Possible but people are not tested for Flu infections. They are now generally tested for Covid as test kits widely available now. Certainly those who are admitted to hospital are diagnosed with Covid or not, depending on which. 

I think it's fair to say that Covid is far more aggressive than Flu. Many people who get cold or flu symptoms don't know the difference. Is it a cold or flu? Just under the weather for a few days. Flu epidemics often occur during winter months but Covid has hit the globe under all temperatures and climates. 

Personally speaking, I have been receiving an annual Flu jab for 5 years running and have not had Flu during that time. Could be luck or coincidence but I doubt it as before that I used to get Flu once a year,most years. 

Each year they modify the vaccination to incorporate new strains of the Flu virus. I suspect that this will be the case for Covid too in future. 

8 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Possible but people are not tested for Flu infections. They are now generally tested for Covid as test kits widely available now. Certainly those who are admitted to hospital are diagnosed with Covid or not, depending on which. 

I think it's fair to say that Covid is far more aggressive than Flu. Many people who get cold or flu symptoms don't know the difference. Is it a cold or flu? Just under the weather for a few days. Flu epidemics often occur during winter months but Covid has hit the globe under all temperatures and climates. 

Good reply. Sounds like a loaded question. Let's see if it satisfies enquiring minds?

. . .

btw...the most recent Covid infection/death tally.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/coronavirus/

Capture.JPG

Edited by lazarus

Not entirely true mate as there has been tests for influenza being carried out before the Covid came onto the scene and still being carried out today.. ...more so probably so that the medical people can distinguish between the two.

I agree that with minor flu symptoms there would be no tests and the Dr would look at the symptoms and make the decision but if a major case of influenza was apparent...tests can and are carried out.

What I am saying is that some cases first up could have been just the flu but diagnosed as Covid.  I agree that they are two different viruses but the symptoms are similar in both at the beginning.

Agree again that influenza often occurs under winter months but influenza like covid hit the globe and is present under all temperatures and climates. 

cheers

15 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

4 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

F.A.O Mr. MOSQUITO

I have noticed that you have given many of my posts in this topic a "ha ha" emoticon reaction. Perhaps you might  explain what exactly it is that you find amusing, out of interest, since you have not contributed to this topic yourself?

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

F.A.O Mr. MOSQUITO

I have noticed that you have given many of my posts in this topic a "ha ha" emoticon reaction. Perhaps you might  explain what exactly it is that you find amusing, out of interest, since you have not contributed to this topic yourself?

Maybe @Mr Mosquito with this being the internet🙂

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Not just Covid, many things.

Currently doing 3 outdoor exercise classes, and playing an hour of badminton with the missus a week. I tell ya, while not as hard as squash, you'll soon get fit playing badminton regularly. We were wrecked after our hour this week, gonna increase it as we go. It's social as well, great to get out and have a laugh, does you the world of good after lockdown shite!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, fforest said:

Kary Mullis  Invented the PCR test.......Dr Fauci

Kary Mullis .......The PCR test does not tell you that your sick......

Anyone who thinks that PCR is a test doesn't understand PCR.

Anyone who doesn't understand PCR won't understand the diagnostic test for the SARS-CoV-2 virus (which uses PCR as PART of the test).

PCR is a technique, a process, which may be used as a part of a diagnostic test. And such a diagnostic test may indicate if an infectious agent, such as the SARS-CoV-2 virus, is present. And if present, that infectious agent may make you sick. And whether you are sick (have symptoms) or not, you still can pass that infectious agent on to others.

As for Mullis and Fauci, Fauci thought AIDS was caused by the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), Mullis didn't think there was any connection between HIV and AIDS (Mullis was called an HIV/AIDS denialist by some).

How unusual for a person with a differing view on something to bad mouth someone who has a counter view. You'd never find that on this forum.

13 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Each year they modify the vaccination to incorporate new strains of the Flu virus. I suspect that this will be the case for Covid too in future. 

I am sure you are correct which means the world is NEVER going to see the end of Covid's mutations and if that means annual vaccinations, as is the case currently with influenza, then we have to get used to that and get on with things.

Anyway, the death rate is bound to drop as the coffin dodgers with high BP fall by the wayside.

19 minutes ago, fygjam said:

Anyone who thinks that PCR is a test doesn't understand PCR.

Anyone who doesn't understand PCR won't understand the diagnostic test for the SARS-CoV-2 virus (which uses PCR as PART of the test).

PCR is a technique, a process, which may be used as a part of a diagnostic test. And such a diagnostic test may indicate if an infectious agent, such as the SARS-CoV-2 virus, is present. And if present, that infectious agent may make you sick. And whether you are sick (have symptoms) or not, you still can pass that infectious agent on to others.

As for Mullis and Fauci, Fauci thought AIDS was caused by the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), Mullis didn't think there was any connection between HIV and AIDS (Mullis was called an HIV/AIDS denialist by some).

How unusual for a person with a differing view on something to bad mouth someone who has a counter view. You'd never find that on this forum.

Smart ass! 🤣

Never let the truth get in the way of forum members expressing complete bollocks to one another.