COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

10 hours ago, Painter said:

I got a (uk based) similar sms from my GP's surgery earlier in the week, saying that "Flu and covid booster invites will be sent soon, and where possible you'll have both at the same time".  Went on to say who the booking text would be from, etc, etc.

I know they've trialled booster jabs here in the UK as a mate is part of the trial, but haven't heard anything definite about them yet. This may be my surgery jumping the gun, or may be a sign that they are (as expected) on the way.

I was due my flu jab next month but have since received a text from my surgery asking me if I want the booster with it.

Means it'll be later as they're saying 6 months between 2nd jab & booster(AZ).

Denmark follow the UK in lifting all Covid restrictions due to the success of their vaccine roll out. They have 70% fully vaccinated, the UK is currently at 78% fully vaccinated. Sooner all countries hit that sorta percentage, the better, till we get outta this shite. 

Denmark will end all coronavirus restrictions by 10 September, according to health officials, who say the virus no longer poses a "threat to society" thanks to the fact more than 70% of the population is fully vaccinated, AFP reports.

In a statement, Health Minister Magnus Heunicke said: "The epidemic is under control, we have record vaccination levels. That is why, on 10 September, we can lift the special rules we had to introduce in the fight against Covid-19."

However, he insists "the epidemic is not over" and says the government "will not hesitate to act quickly if the pandemic once again threatens the essential functioning of society".

Denmark was one of the first nations to bring in a partial lockdown in March 2020, closing schools and non-essential businesses and services.

It has relaxed and reinforced its measures throughout the pandemic, and in April became the first European nation to introduce a "corona pass" for access to places such as restaurants, cinemas, gyms and hair salons.

The "corona pass" requirement - which has already been removed for some venues including museums - will end for more places come 1 September, but will still be needed to enter nightclubs and other large events until 10 September.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Denmark follow the UK in lifting all Covid restrictions due to the success of their vaccine roll out. They have 70% fully vaccinated, the UK is currently at 78% fully vaccinated. Sooner all countries hit that sorta percentage, the better, till we get outta this shite. 

Denmark will end all coronavirus restrictions by 10 September, according to health officials, who say the virus no longer poses a "threat to society" thanks to the fact more than 70% of the population is fully vaccinated, AFP reports.

In a statement, Health Minister Magnus Heunicke said: "The epidemic is under control, we have record vaccination levels. That is why, on 10 September, we can lift the special rules we had to introduce in the fight against Covid-19."

However, he insists "the epidemic is not over" and says the government "will not hesitate to act quickly if the pandemic once again threatens the essential functioning of society".

Denmark was one of the first nations to bring in a partial lockdown in March 2020, closing schools and non-essential businesses and services.

It has relaxed and reinforced its measures throughout the pandemic, and in April became the first European nation to introduce a "corona pass" for access to places such as restaurants, cinemas, gyms and hair salons.

The "corona pass" requirement - which has already been removed for some venues including museums - will end for more places come 1 September, but will still be needed to enter nightclubs and other large events until 10 September.

Way to go Denmark 👍

On 8/25/2021 at 8:59 PM, Nightcrawler said:

I can safely say, that having received 2 Covid jabs, the first on 28th Jan 2021 and the second, on 24th March 2021, so far, I have not experienced any of the following:

Death

Severe illness

Bluetooth connectivity (I tried it) 

5G mind control via an intravenous microchip

DNA history removed

Blood clotting

Impotence 

Respiratory illness

COVID 19 Virus

So what is it, we should be worried about? 😁 

Apart from my skin becoming green and scaly and visiting large ponds more recently as I transform  into a giant lizard, all is well. 

I can safely say that while still researching what vaccines are available and still not deciding which jab to get , I have not experienced any of the following:

Death

Severe illness

Blood clotting

Impotence

Respiratory illness

Loss of taste

Fever

Cough

Fatigue

Apart from eating out...local travel...having a coldie or two.... all is well.

cheers 

Edited by roobob
  • Like 1

On 8/24/2021 at 5:10 AM, lazarus said:

Right-wing media pushed a deworming drug to treat Covid-19 that the FDA says is unsafe for humans

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/08/23/media/right-wing-media-ivermectin/index.html

Public health officials are aggressively dispelling claims by right-wing media personalities who have been promoting an anti-parasitic drug used for livestock as a potential Covid-19 treatment.

"You are not a horse. You are not a cow," the US Food and Drug Administration tweeted Saturday.

"Seriously, y'all. Stop it."

Top conservative media personalities — including Fox News hosts Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity, and Laura Ingraham — have mentioned ivermectin as a drug that could possibly be used to treat Covid-19.

This is part of a recent theme in right-wing media of attacking public health officials for promoting the highly effective coronavirus vaccines as the best path out of the pandemic instead of potential therapeutics to treat the virus.

Throughout the pandemic, Fox News, talk-radio, and right-wing websites have promoted unproven therapeutics to treat Covid-19 while simultaneously casting doubt on the effectiveness of vaccines and masks...

237661501_10226961131563387_1491134522116258487_n.jpg

It seems that the FDA should revisit their findings with an open mind this time.

cheers

Ivermectin Wins in Court Again: For Human Rights | Letter to the Editor | thedesertreview.com 

31 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Signed,

Justus R. Hope, MD. . .

. . .

Too feckin' funny the crap you post. 💩

So what...did you read the article.  I know that you think you can never be wrong but in this case you could take the always right blinkers off and look at an alternative treatment with an open mind as it seems the view you currently hold is mistaken. Some extracts

Ralph Lorigo is the lawyer who now has won three court orders forcing New York hospitals to administer Ivermectin to dying patients. Incredibly, these three hospitals and their lawyers fought against the patients, arguing they did not have the right to receive the drug despite a valid prescription written by their doctors. In essence, the argument was that they did not have the right to try a potentially life-saving medication.

Ivermectin costs about $2 per dose. It is safer than Tylenol or most vitamins, says Dr. Pierre Kory of the FLCCC Alliance, a group of expert physicians promoting access and information through a nonprofit organization. Dr. Kory and Mr. Lorigo have teamed up to help other hospitalized patients gain access to the life-saving drug.

Ivermectin recently won in court in South Africa after a protracted legal battle. Ralph Lorigo has now won his third State Supreme Court Injunction in New York. Will legal strategies also be required in the US to gain FDA approval for Ivermectin to treat COVID-19? 

Dr. Tess Lawrie has entered this David v. Goliath battle. She is an independent research consultant to the WHO, and her work has consistently been used to underpin International Clinic Practice Guidelines. In other words, she has been one of the go-to scientists on which the WHO bases their recommendations. 

She has established a non-profit organization to promote the worldwide approval and adoption of Ivermectin for COVID-19.

The lawyer

Home (lorigo.com)

• Haha 1