COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

7 hours ago, roobob said:

Calm down all you worried people.....the Dr who discovered the latest variant has put it into perspective for you....so calm down...have a cup of tea...and stop thinking the worst in all things...and get on with life.

cheers

Doctor who discovered Omicron variant calls for end to 'hype' (msn.com)

'Calm down' says Issan's very own virologist 🤡

• Like 2

After seeing how the Delta variant spread so rapidly, it is surely common sense to be cautious about all new variants, until more is known about them. It may turn out that this new variant may be no more aggressive than the two main strains. But it could be more contagious. 

With Delta, the stable door was closed after the horse had bolted. Detecting this variant early and containing it, seems perfectly reasonable to me. 

Most of the Southern Africa countries listed, are among the least vaccinated in the world. Mainly through vaccines being less available to them. Another reason why wealthier Western countries should assist the third world with vaccine sharing. 

After all, Covid is a World problem. It does not discriminate between borders or race. 

I suspect that until it becomes under control and even beyond, there will be more mutations and variants, which occur in many viruses by nature. 

Since most of us are not Scientists or Virologists then we have to have to rely upon  those who have the knowledge and technology that we do not have. 

Decisions are best when they informed decisions. 

I would stick with caution versus complacency any day

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Starshine said:

'Calm down' says Issan's very own virologist 🤡

5 hours ago, fygjam said:

Don't forget his double in vaccinology.

Two examples of why some good posters do not post on this topic anymore.

The link I provided was by the Dr who discovered the latest variant with information and all we get is potshots at the poster.

cheers

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, roobob said:

Two examples of why some good posters do not post on this topic anymore.

The link I provided was by the Dr who discovered the latest variant with information and all we get is potshots at the poster.

cheers

Has she got a crystal ball?

18 minutes ago, Starshine said:

Has she got a crystal ball?

Put it this way...she has more of an idea than you about the latest variant and covid overall.

She actually discovered the new variant..... ulnike you who sits there pounding on your keyboard...555  

cheers

Edited by roobob
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/if-it-s-mild-you-actually-want-it-to-spread-coatsworth-on-omicron/ar-AARelqP?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

Headline appeared on my news feed. IF it is consistently mild he might be right, but as previous strains have effected different people in so many different ways.....

Even the dr in roonob's article said she didn't  know how the new strain would affect the old or those with underlying conditions,  especially those unvaccinated. 

Edited by Painter

13 hours ago, Kathmandu said:

Back on topic. You were in South Africa. I hope you took precautions and did not bring the new variant back to Sacto? 

No I wasn't. I guess we need a geography lesson.

I was in Kenya. That is in East Africa. It is just under 4,000 km's distance from Nairobi to Johannesburg, SA. That is roughly 2,400 miles, the equivalent of San Francisco to Detroit, Michigan.

But thanks for your concern.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, fforest said:

I had to take just about every jab known to man for my job, some 40 years ago. It was for my health and the public's health and well being. Never gave it a second thought. Never had one issue with it.

WTF is all of this ridiculous hub bub about ? F@#king joke. Grasping for some failing political grab I reckon.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Glasseye said:

I had to take just about every jab known to man for my job, some 40 years ago. It was for my health and the public's health and well being. Never gave it a second thought. Never had one issue with it.

WTF is all of this ridiculous hub bub about ? F@#king joke. Grasping for some failing political grab I reckon.

Reminds me of the following song.....555

cheers