COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

53 minutes ago, Sherlock said:

Not sure where you're getting your info, but its not correct.

Once you've finished your meal, you are meant to be finishing off your drinks as well. Definitely can not order more drinks before you finish eating so you can stay. Read something yesterday that your last mouth full in your glass should be gone before you eat the last of your food. No idea how that will be policed! So no drinking after your meal has finished!

Piss taking by leaving food on your plate I wouldn't think would be acceptable to most businesses! Just means that you wont leave so they can get more money spending customers through the door!

Groups of 6 outdoors in a beer garden, would still have to be 6 people from your family/support bubble. You still cant mix with your mates, even in beer gardens.

Last orders at 10, will be for all food and drink orders, of which you then need to be finished and out by 11pm. My restaurant is closing the kitchen at 10pm as of Wednesday, so you have an hour to finish off tjhatn food and drink!

Thanks. Even worse than I thought.

Hardly worth going out in that case. F#ck it,. May as well be in Tier 3. Just order a take away and tins from the fridge if you can't be arsed to cook.  All the social aspects of going out for drink are all but meaningless.  Pubs will in effect become licenced  restaurants if they serve food and those that don't will have to stay closed. 

I suspect a lot of pubs may bend the rules as much as they dare. 

I shall still venture out and see for myself on Thursday just to see how it is working in reality. 

I am all for taking precautions to  lighten the spread of C19 but One can walk into a Supermarket (wearing a mask) and whilst in there stocking up on beer, wines and spirits etc, will likely encounter a few dozen strangers, some not even masked up in the process. 

I would imagine that a couple of people sitting in a pub with social distancing and table service might be a little safer. Maybe I am wrong.  Going shopping in a busy high street is even more risky. 

Being stuck in doors most of the time is starting to do my head in. I have more chance now than ever of going insane than I have of getting the virus. 

I have already started having conversations with myself

• Like 1

Well, the boom has finally lowered in my remote part of Canada - we were doing really well here for months but a recent surge in cases put the panic into the population and now the gov't has mandated mask wearing in all indoor public places starting tomorrow. Out of a population of around 38000, we have had a total of 45 cases with 16 being currently active and one death - that death being an old man with many other problems, of course. 

The pubs and restaurants are being allowed to remain open, with social distancing restrictions; one must wear a mask into the venue and can remove it when seated within one's "bubble"  but you're not supposed to interact with other bubbles and must put your mask back on when going to the toilet and back. I don't think there is any restriction on hours of operation or the serving of food. I guess we should consider ourselves fortunate that the pubs are allowed to be open at all but it  sounds a little like adult kindergarten to me and the staff will have their hands full trying to enforce these rules, methinks...my main local is supposed to start imposing these new rules today so I may drop in just to see how silly it is but I think this will provide me with the impetus to just give the bars a break for a while, go on a diet and hope for better times ASAP - not to mention the fact that "Silly Season" (my term for Xmas) is starting and it won't be safe to drive home anymore for the next month or so...

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, andyajn said:

Who would have thought just 8 months ago that we would be living in this Orwellian nightmare being told when we can go out and who we can/cant meet and what we can/cant do when we do go out. My youngest son who isn't the worlds deepest thinker or greatest orator has summed it all up quit succinctly, in his opinion "its a load of bollocks" 

The government has gone control crazy. Filling the news with fear mongering stories to keep people in line. And the bullshit predictions that were flat out lies. 

Yet anyone who don't toe the line is treated as a criminal

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, fygjam said:

Pfizer, Moderna and AstraZeneca/Oxford are all two jab vaccines, primary and boost.

Johnson & Johnson are trialing a viral vector vaccine similar to the AstraZeneca/Oxford vaccine except it uses Ad 26 as the vector instead of Ad 5. It is a single jab vaccine.

The number of jabs may be modified depending upon what the trial data says.

The Russian Sputnik V vaccine, a viral vector, had two bob each way and used Ad 5 for the primary and Ad 26 for the boost.

Does this mean we'll have to vector to the sector ?   🐸

18 minutes ago, Washedup said:

People who refuse to get vaccine could be denied entry into venues  minister suggests 

That might be a little difficult to enforce unless there are proper vaccine cards or certificates issued once you have received the full vaccine. 

I certainly think that there should be some incentives to get vaccinated. Travel abroad being an obvious one and insurance discounts etc. 

I suspect BoJo is thinking about Football matches 

Arcadia group about to collapse with 13,000 jobs at risk. 

Debenhams group about to collapse with 12,000 jobs at risk. 

Yet let's bring in tougher restrictions tomorrow than before the lockdown to ensure the total destruction of the retail and hospitality industries. 

Fucking madness. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, galenkia said:

Arcadia group about to collapse with 13,000 jobs at risk. 

Debenhams group about to collapse with 12,000 jobs at risk. 

Yet let's bring in tougher restrictions tomorrow than before the lockdown to ensure the total destruction of the retail and hospitality industries. 

Fucking madness. 

Covid is the straw that's broken the camel's back for Arcadia.

Now let's see what state Philip Green has left the pension schemes in!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Bazle said:

Covid is the straw that's broken the camel's back for Arcadia.

Now let's see what state Philip Green has left the pension schemes in!

£250m shortfall apparently. 

Man's a crook, but a lot of people rely on on his company for a living. 

I wish that I could support local businesses more, but it's difficult even when shops are open again. I would love to take my grandson shopping for Christmas but it's to much of a risk for me to visit a busy High Street. 

So I  will be using Argos online to order his presents. 

It's not out of laziness. Last year I took him to Wimbledon High Street where the is a fantastic toy store. He loved it and my wallet ended up £130 lighter, but it was a wonderful experience seeing him so excited. 

So many shops, especially independent, that have been hit hardest and now some of the larger chains. 

I hope that for those who have survived, that landlords will reduce or cap rents and that the government will freeze business rates to help them get back on their feet. Otherwise, high street shopping could soon become a thing of the past. 

UK to be the first country to start vaccination..did I hear that right? Whatever it is this is great news and a way back to a normal life..and wont that feel amazing, to be able to do what you want when you want. That's going to feel bloody good. 👍

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, KWA said:

Pfizer vaccine approved for use in the UK and first shots to be given in the next few days.  So much for the middle to end of next year.

I think by the time everyone gets them (or those that choose to) it will be mid 2021 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1