COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

2 hours ago, ukdave51 said:

I am a bit puzzled how we can prove we`ve been vaccinated before we travel, there is going to be a stampede to get away next summer, do you get a medical certificate when you have the jab?   I mean that's a logistical nightmare, I mean millions. and surely open to widespread forgery. 

In practice that will not be a problem at all.

Anyone in the checkin queue at the Airport looking like this will have been vaccinated.

Simple.

Walking.jpg

23 hours ago, Jambo said:

Karen then informs me that one of the boys in his class has tested positive to Covid19 but without symptoms. It is thought at least one of his parents has proved positive.

.......the policy is only to test children who are showing symptoms!

So we have one child who was tested positive but not showing any symptoms who could have been infecting others in the class who themselves may not be showing any symptoms???

Surely the logical step is to immediately test all the children in the class if not the whole school?

As an afterthought I asked if the teachers had been tested. Again, "No" was the answer unless they were showing symptoms.

The following is the approach being taken by the Health Dept in NSW and their daily advice -

People in ...... areas must be aware of any symptoms of illness, and immediately isolate and get tested should even the mildest of symptoms appear. Symptoms such as a runny nose or scratchy throat, cough, tiredness, fever or other symptoms could be COVID-19. After testing, you must remain in isolation until a negative result is received. The only way to find new cases and prevent further transmission is to increase testing.

There are more than 300 COVID-19 testing locations across NSW. To find your nearest clinic visit COVID-19 testing clinics or contact your GP.

While there have been no new locally acquired cases in NSW for the past 18 days, new infections have appeared in the past after a number of days without any cases because of transmission among people with mild or no symptoms.

To help stop the spread of COVID-19:

If you are unwell, get tested and isolate right away – don’t delay.
Wash your hands regularly. Take hand sanitiser with you when you go out.
Keep your distance. Leave 1.5 metres between yourself and others.
Wear a mask when using public transport, rideshares and taxis, and in shops, places of worship and other places where you can’t physically distance. When taking taxis or rideshares, commuters should also sit in the back.

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/news/Pages/20201125_00.aspx

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/news/Pages/default.aspx

Edited by Zeb

10 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

A lot worse .. I think ...

Sure.

The few taxi or Grab drivers I know, and for who I am now a "resident" told me usually they take home 300 K IDR (650 b) a day.

Now it is rather 50 K (100 b)

I always super tip them, like giving them 40 or 50k for a 25k trip but still, the stories are sad.

The complete madness of this border lockdown will have consequences that will take a decade to recover from.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Sure.

The few taxi or Grab drivers I know, and for who I am now a "resident" told me usually they take home 300 K IDR (650 b) a day.

Now it is rather 50 K (100 b)

I always super tip them, like giving them 40 or 50k for a 25k trip but still, the stories are sad.

The complete madness of this border lockdown will have consequences that will take a decade to recover from.

I have read recently that Australia ( quantas ) has said no one flies without a vaccination ... China is mandating a world wide ( something ) requiring all passengers to have a vaccine to fly  ... and I am certain more countries will follow suit ....

Plus, I read that Thailand requires 17K USD to re-enter Thailand ( not sure how true )

It is only get worse .. with only Chinese visiting Thailand ... you know they are big spenders in the bars ( lol )

Edited by code_slayer_bkk

2 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I have read recently that Australia ( quantas ) has said no one flies without a vaccination ... China is mandating a world wide ( something ) requiring all passengers to have a vaccine to fly  ... and I am certain more countries will follow suit ....

Plus, I read that Thailand requires 17K USD to re-enter Thailand ( not sure how true )

It is only get worse .. with only Chinese visiting Thailand ... you know they are big spenders in the bars ( lol )

Think the $17000 is old news, believe they dropped that idea. 

Vaccination will be the way to go, everybody believes it will be the main way that countries may open up tourism at some stage. Even if other countries get vaccinations first it might depend more on when Thais get vaccinated to allow a certain normality to return.

Looking like the oxford vaccine could be approved first..early next week

Vaccination could be rolled out first week of December for most vulnerable in UK..look out for adverts on tv telling us all about the ins and outs of the oxford vaccine. It can't come soon enough

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Washedup said:

Looking like the oxford vaccine could be approved first..early next week

Vaccination could be rolled out first week of December for most vulnerable in UK..look out for adverts on tv telling us all about the ins and outs of the oxford vaccine. It can't come soon enough

The Oxford/AstraZeneca people seem to have made a right balls-up of their tests, and unless they can clarify things there's a lot of doubt hanging over their results. Does it protect 90% of patients, as one test group seemed to show, or just 62% which came from the other group, or 70%, which seems to be some sort of average? The US, unsurprisingly, is being highly sceptical about the results released so far:

Oxford vaccine.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Surprised 1

Well we here in Hertfordshire are in Tier 2 when we come out of lockdown on Dec 2nd.

Doesn't make a lot of difference to us except that I can't play snooker.

Tier 2 means that pubs and clubs can only open if they serve 'substantial' meals.

I wonder if this counts?

127737122_3584068324974078_4142167724693380107_o.jpg

Edited by coxyhog
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 5

20 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Well, that is good .. I had a hard time believing it when I saw it .. who in their right mind would spend 17K to enter Thailand .. unless you had a wife and child here .....

Then again,  I might consider getting on a plane to Burma and find my way across the long and porous border ... then get my passport fixed when I am back in Thailand .. I could do that for a lot less than 17K ..

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

^^^^^  Yea, they are ... for sure ... never understood why someone would do that to themselves ... and I am not innocent .. I tripped my brains out and did a shit load downers when I was younger ... still smoke a shit load of pot  .... never got into the big H or coke ....  I grew up in the Big H hell ( Brooklyn ) ... man, it was bad .... used to walk to school every morning and see a couple junkies dead with the needles still in their arms on stoops ( stairways leading up to the front door of a building  ) ....  f**k me ....

• Great Info 1

11 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

^^^^^  Yea, they are ... for sure ... never understood why someone would do that to themselves ... and I am not innocent .. I tripped my brains out and did a shit load downers when I was younger ... still smoke a shit load of pot  .... never got into the big H or coke ....  I grew up in the Big H hell ( Brooklyn ) ... man, it was bad .... used to walk to school every morning and see a couple junkies dead with the needles still in their arms on stoops ( stairways leading up to the front door of a building  ) ....  f**k me ....

I believe Brownsville is a tough neighbourhood or should I say violent?

On 11/26/2020 at 2:36 PM, Horizondave said:

Vaccination will be the way to go, everybody believes it will be the main way that countries may open up tourism at some stage. Even if other countries get vaccinations first it might depend more on when Thais get vaccinated to allow a certain normality to return.

Last big article I read confirmed that they won't really open up until a large percentage of the Thai's are vaccinated and most likely would require those entering to have proof of one as well. The statements were pretty strong suggesting that this would not likely be positioned until late 2021 or early 2022.  

😨

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Last big article I read confirmed that they won't really open up until a large percentage of the Thai's are vaccinated and most likely would require those entering to have proof of one as well. The statements were pretty strong suggesting that this would not likely be positioned until late 2021 or early 2022.  

😨

Where are they gonna get the vaccination from ? China ( lol ) ?