COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

1 hour ago, Nightcrawler said:

Once the richer countries are on top of this virus, they should be helping poorer and largely populated countries to overcome the virus. We are enjoying success here in UK but I don't think this will be all over until the whole world is vaccinated and Covid is no longer a global threat to Mankind. 

And No, I am not a Communist😁A lefty, may be.  But viruses do not appear to discriminate over which bodies they want host them and we can't hold talks with this enemy. 

Sure we will engaging in vaccine diplomacy as soon as practicable.

250k jabs free with every trade deal.

• Like 1

Get your shots yet?

For me, in a few more days it'll be two weeks out from Moderna #2 (for full immunity strength). Having multiple underlying health conditions made the past year (especially the first few months) interesting. Lots of home cooking, hikes in the hills and some new hobbies. Unfortunately, the city where I live will feel the financial and cultural impact of lockdowns for a long time.

For now, my young daughter will have to wait for her turn...but at least she is back at school (hybrid) and has multiple summer fun options. We'll miss our annual trip to visit Great-Grandma, Grandma & Grandpa in Isaan...maybe next summer.

It's now being said that the US will not reach heard immunity as so many people are opting out of receiving the vaccines. Everybody has a reason. Seems crazy after so many people have died, but it's a "free country" so it seems.

. . .

Millions Are Saying No to the Vaccines. What Are They Thinking?
Feelings about the vaccine are intertwined with feelings about the pandemic.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/05/the-people-who-wont-get-the-vaccine/618765/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=atlantic-photo-newsletter&utm_content=20210504&silverid=%%RECIPIENT_ID%%&utm_term=New Photo Galleries

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Get your shots yet?

For me, in a few more days it'll be two weeks out from Moderna #2 (for full immunity strength). Having multiple underlying health conditions made the past year (especially the first few months) interesting. Lots of home cooking, hikes in the hills and some new hobbies. Unfortunately, the city where I live will feel the financial and cultural impact of lockdowns for a long time.

For now, my young daughter will have to wait for her turn...but at least she is back at school (hybrid) and has multiple summer fun options. We'll miss our annual trip to visit Great-Grandma, Grandma & Grandpa in Isaan...maybe next summer.

It's now being said that the US will not reach heard immunity as so many people are opting out of receiving the vaccines. Everybody has a reason. Seems crazy after so many people have died, but it's a "free country" so it seems.

. . .

Millions Are Saying No to the Vaccines. What Are They Thinking?
Feelings about the vaccine are intertwined with feelings about the pandemic.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/05/the-people-who-wont-get-the-vaccine/618765/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=atlantic-photo-newsletter&utm_content=20210504&silverid=%%RECIPIENT_ID%%&utm_term=New Photo Galleries

The crazy thing is Murdoch was happy to get the vaccine, but his minions are spreading anti vax bullshit and their loyal viewers seem to be lapping it up ...

Just now, Stillearly said:

The crazy thing is Murdoch was happy to get the vaccine, but his minions are spreading anti vax bullshit and their loyal viewers seem to be lapping it up ...

Yeah, makes one wonder. 

When I went for my 2nd shot they were actively taking 'walk-ins'... so there is no shortage to speak of.

Supposedly, my city of 1 million folks has already reached herd immunity. Since it sits on a peninsula (as a snarky FM remarked) we're in a good place. Time to get more places on this program (imo).

With the outdoor mask mandate just rescinded here ...life is good. 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lazarus said:

Yeah, makes one wonder. 

When I went for my 2nd shot they were actively taking 'walk-ins'... so there is no shortage to speak of.

Supposedly, my city of 1 million folks has already reached herd immunity. Since it sits on a peninsula (as a snarky FM remarked) we're in a good place. Time to get more places on this program (imo).

With the outdoor mask mandate just rescinded here ...life is good. 👍

2 down 3 weeks since #2. I'm ready to hit the road with the top down blasting Purple Haze at ear splitting levels!

This is rather concerning, and (along with Chile's experience) might make the UK rather cautious about relaxing measures too quickly, particularly wrt international travel:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-56992121

The Seychelles, which has fully vaccinated over 60% of its population against Covid-19, is bringing back restrictions amid a rise in cases.

A third of the active cases involved people who had had two vaccine doses, the country's news agency said.

14 minutes ago, Bazle said:

This is rather concerning, and (along with Chile's experience) might make the UK rather cautious about relaxing measures too quickly, particularly wrt international travel:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-56992121

The Seychelles, which has fully vaccinated over 60% of its population against Covid-19, is bringing back restrictions amid a rise in cases.

A third of the active cases involved people who had had two vaccine doses, the country's news agency said.

Common denominator in both Chile and Seychelles is Chinese Vaccine :default_ball:

• Like 1

โควิด-19 คืออะไร? - ศูนย์การแพทย์กาญจนาภิเษก

COVID: UK variant dominates N India, double mutant Maharashtra, Guj, Karnataka

https://www.livemint.com/news/india/covid-uk-variant-dominates-n-india-double-mutant-maharashtra-guj-karnataka-11620294199146.html

Covid: Concern increases over India variant in UK

Seven confirmed cases of the Indian Covid-19 variant have been detected in Northern Ireland, the Department of Health (DoH) has confirmed

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/health/coronavirus/seven-confirmed-cases-of-the-indian-covid-19-variant-have-been-detected-in-northern-ireland-3226917

T

Edited by fforest

Had my 2nd Oxford vaccine on Wednesday no problems, if you don’t count the main road to get there was blocked so had to go miles down country lanes to get around the blockage. On the way back home I went a different way to avoid the blockage and bugger me sideways, that way was blocked as well.

Luckily I’d fully charged the car before I set off, so running out of battery wasn’t going to be a problem.

Still, there are worse things in life. 🤪

• Like 3