Introduce yourself to the Forum

8 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

What's up Thailand-24.7?  

Thanks to Steelers4life for turning me on to this forum.

I want a " cut " of the 10k baht he gets as a "nominal" fee  for recruiting me LOL!  

Looking forward to reading some of the posts here going forward.

All the best.....

Welcome to the forum @Yessongs

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

What's up Thailand-24.7?  

I want a " cut " of the 10k baht he gets as a "nominal" fee  for recruiting me LOL!  

All the best.....

Good to see you made it here Mike.

I'm sure your great picture threads will be poular here.

48 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

What's up Thailand-24.7?  

All the best.....

Welcome mate I am CDMM on secrets 

1 hour ago, Yessongs said:

What's up Thailand-24.7?  

All the best.....

Welcome. Yours is no disgrace 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Yessongs said:

What's up Thailand-24.7?  

All the best.....

Welcome to the forum @Yessongs 👍🏼

3 hours ago, Yessongs said:

What's up Thailand-24.7?  

All the best.....

Good to see you over here too mate

Steelers is good for it 🤣🤣🤣

4 hours ago, Yessongs said:

What's up Thailand-24.7?  

All the best.....

Nice to see ya here Mike

Hello All, I’m Mike. I’m a retired fireman and a widower. From the Bronx but have lived in the Washington DC area for many years. 

I’m not sure if I want to do what I’ve been thinking of doing which is to rent a place for a month or two and just blindly fly over there. Should a do a recon on  a short trip before I rent long term? Are the police honest and are there certain areas you should avoid? I know nothing about Thailand. Any help would be appreciated.

• Like 1

Hey Guys

First, I apologize for my late introductory post.  I had to return to the US on short notice and have had infrequent internet access until now.

I've lived in Thailand more than ten  years and many other long time residents will probably recognize me at some point as I have been an active poster on many forums over the years.

This looks like a really enjoyable forum, without the rancor and combativeness that most other forums have devolved into.  

I look forward to enjoying this community. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, mgib490 said:

I’m not sure if I want to do what I’ve been thinking of doing which is to rent a place for a month or two and just blindly fly over there. Should a do a recon on  a short trip before I rent long term? Are the police honest and are there certain areas you should avoid? I know nothing about Thailand. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Mike,

I think you should start a seperate thread and ask whatever questions you may have there, pretty much guaranteed to get them answered and relevant advice that way. 

We were all newbies to Thailand once 🙂

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mgib490 said:

Hello All, I’m Mike. I’m a retired fireman and a widower. From the Bronx but have lived in the Washington DC area for many years. 

Welcome to the board mgib, as suggested ask plenty of questions on the board before making a decision, we have a lot of members who have lived in Thailand and some that reside there now, my advice for what its worth would be a few holidays there first.

Ask away, and good luck

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Baldylocks said:

Welcome to the board mgib, as suggested ask plenty of questions on the board before making a decision, we have a lot of members who have lived in Thailand and some that reside there now, my advice for what its worth would be a few holidays there first.

Ask away, and good luck

Sage advice Baldylocks always best to spend time scouting out various areas for local shops, bars etc and of course places to rent. No need to rush.  👍

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BarryL said:

Hello, I am visiting Thailand in November and would appreciate some ideas for reasonable priced hotels in Bangkok and Korat. Reasonable for me is in a range of 2000 to 3000 Baht.

Thank you

Welcome BarryL - Thats quite a big budget to be fair, all my hotels are less than 1500 a night, so I cannot give you much advice, I am sure if you ask in the next section you will have some answers.

6 minutes ago, Baldylocks said:

Welcome BarryL - Thats quite a big budget to be fair, all my hotels are less than 1500 a night, so I cannot give you much advice, I am sure if you ask in the next section you will have some answers.

Thank you. I have been to Thailand before but it was 10 years ago so I may be out of touch with most prices.