Introduce yourself to the Forum

Hi all,

Great to be a new member of this forum and looking forward to interacting with you guys.

I've been coming to Thailand 3-4 times a year as the classic two-week millionaire for 15 years, initially to Hua Hin but over the last 5-6 years to Pattaya too. Fantastic there is the ferry now, so I can flip between the two so easily.

I enjoy the country and the people so much I'll be moving to Thailand in May for an initial 12 months to see how that goes, with a view to living in the LOS permanently.

For the expats on this site, be great to get some advice for when I move, loads to sort out.

Cheers,

Britboy

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Lanzalad said:

Welcome to the forum @Britboy 👍🏼

Thanks Lanzalad.

Just had a scout around the site and seeing your post in the "Living in Thailand" thread you obviously know the lay of the land. I'll be looking for a top condo rental with an ocean view in the 40k-55k range. Seems like you're the man . . . 

7 minutes ago, Britboy said:

Thanks Lanzalad.

Just had a scout around the site and seeing your post in the "Living in Thailand" thread you obviously know the lay of the land. I'll be looking for a top condo rental with an ocean view in the 40k-55k range. Seems like you're the man . . . 

Thanks @Britboy

I can't find the thread now.. well we are currently living back in the UK and we have just had a baby boy.

So you could say we are braving the cold weather...

9 minutes ago, Britboy said:

Thanks Lanzalad.

@KhunDon and @Horizondave are both members that have lived in Hua Hin and might be able to help.

4 minutes ago, Thinkingallowed said:

@KhunDon and @Horizondave are both members that have lived in Hua Hin and might be able to help.

Many thanks Thinkingallowed . . haven't quite decided yet whether to lay my hat in Hua Hin or Patts . . . 

I prefer HH as a more laid back place to live, but I'll have to go to BKK pretty regularly, so Patts is the favourite on that front . . .

10 minutes ago, Lanzalad said:

Thanks @Britboy

I can't find the thread now.. well we are currently living back in the UK and we have just had a baby boy.

So you could say we are braving the cold weather...

Yeah, I'm in the UK right now too. I'm near Bedford - looking outside it's dark, cold, sleeting and 1 degree . . . I know where I'd rather be . . . 

Congrats on the baby boy, that's awesome. Having said that, been there and done that - I have grandkids now and it's great to hand them back . . .

8 minutes ago, Thinkingallowed said:

Great to see lots of new members signing up today, hope they haven't all got the same IP address.

Can see why you might think that - I recognise some of the guys who joined today, probably due to this forum being mentioned on another forum.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Butch said:

Hi

I've been active on the forums since the late 90's in one way or another, always under the same username (but it's not me on Pattaya live called "Butch"). Recognise some BM's here from elsewhere.

We're based in the UK at the moment but also live in the RP (Philippines) just outside Manila whenever I can. I don't monger anymore, but still visit Pattaya specifically to catch up with friends and relax there. Even when you take the mongering out of the equation, Patts has some great hotels and restaurants.

Looking forward to making new friends, and possibly meeting up for some beers one day.

WTTB Butch 

• Thumbs Up 2

Hi
I've been active on the forums since the late 90's in one way or another, always under the same username (but it's not me on Pattaya live called "Butch"). Recognise some BM's here from elsewhere.
We're based in the UK at the moment but also live in the RP (Philippines) just outside Manila whenever I can. I don't monger anymore, but still visit Pattaya specifically to catch up with friends and relax there. Even when you take the mongering out of the equation, Patts has some great hotels and restaurants.
Looking forward to making new friends, and possibly meeting up for some beers one day.
Welcome to the forum Butch, never actually met you but remember you well from Thaigers where I was Gazza54.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up 1