Ask, confirm or deny a few Pattaya myths right here...

Butch

I can remember posting elsewhere about a gogo girl i met on 2nd rd during the day one time, who became a day time regular whilst on that trip, certainly wasn't any more than 1000 ST, maybe less.

Anyways, i was told repeatedly on that forum i was doing something quite wrong as i should still have paid the WS gogo bar the Barfine.

I said yea, no bother, i'll be down in the queue every day before opening time of guys who are there to pay the BF to the bar for the girls they met outside of the bar :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 7/23/2022 at 12:03 PM, Butch said:

If you leave some of your draft beer in ahem...certain GoGo's, is it then (along with others) "recycled" into another glass for the next punter and the cost pocketed by the staff?.

This is more a cautionary tale than a myth.  Certainly it happens all over the world, not just in Pattaya.

Before I made my first trip to Thailand in 1979, I was working in Taipei and had a lot of contact with U.S. military guys, active duty and vets.  They told me that in girlie bars in Asia I should only order bottled beer and insist that the bottle be opened in front of me.  One guy who had served on a U.S. base in Thailand even said I should carry my own bottle opener and pop the caps myself!

Opening bottles of beer in front of the customer was the routine in some Thai go go bars through the 1990s, although it has since faded.  However, I still only order bottled beer in Thai girlie establishments.  I prefer draft, but draft beer is a fresh product that has to be transported, stored and dispensed properly, which isn't always the case in Thailand.  Many bars fail to regularly clear and clean their dispensing systems, not to mention the disgusting practice of topping up mugs with slops and recycled beer.   vomi-small.jpg

On 7/23/2022 at 3:38 PM, Butch said:

Ok, this one's for @Evil Penevil - as he will know of whom I speak...

Can you really pick up an off duty GoGo stunner for 1000 baht ST?.

On 7/23/2022 at 4:38 PM, boydeste said:

No myth, many hot GOGO dancers will ST for 1k out of work hours if they know/like you well.

I agree with @boydeste It's not a myth at all.  Once a girl gets to know a customer and has a favorable impression, she'll often go with him for her "most favored" price, often 1,000 baht.  Resident ex-pats and regular visitors to LOS are usually aware of this.  One proviso:  not all girls have a "most-favored-customer price" and you can never count on it happening, but it's not uncommon.

@ButchIt's possible the Malicious Munchkin had regulars who accepted 1,000 baht from him for their services; nothing extraordinary in that, thousands have done the same.  However, he crossed the line into dishonesty and  absurdity when he claimed he could get any go go dancer for his 1,000-baht limit.  He was vague on how he did it and  it seemed like he was proposing either Jedi mind tricks or magic spells.  When pressed hard, he revealed his technique consisted of psychologically manipulating the girl by standing fast on price.  That, he said, made him "strong" (93x700px-LL-2ee3a7d8_roflmao.gif) in the girl's  eyes  and she'd drop her price to his level  wacko.gif.

Stunners for 1,000 baht is not a myth, but becomes one in Gabor's telling.

Pattaya myths is for me a very interesting topic.  Some that I and others have busted in the past:

• Paying the girls more than one punter decrees is appropriate drives up prices and ruins the scene for everyone.
  • There is a market rate or correct level for P4P prices in Pattaya.
  • Many dancers in go gos work for drinks only and never go with customers.
  • Prices for (pick the one you want) lady drinks, bar fines, girls' fees have recently skyrocketed.
  • Pattaya got its start as "Sin City" as an R & R destination for U.S. troops during the Viet Nam War.
  • Pattaya bar owners are greedy.
  • If you treat a Thai girl nicely, she'll become spoiled and won't respect you.
  • Larry was actually Xendu, a 25-million-year-old alien who headed the cult of secretologists.  (That's my personal favorite among the Pattaya myths). Evil Penevil was both a grand master and head assassin in the same cult (I actually found that rather flattering!  Thank you.gif)  Eyenitnoi, Mr DK and several others were also grandmasters.
Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

This is more a cautionary tale than a myth.  Certainly it happens all over the world, not just in Pattaya.

Before I made my first trip to Thailand in 1979, I was working in Taipei and had a lot of contact with U.S. military guys, active duty and vets.  They told me that in girlie bars in Asia I should only order bottled beer and insist that the bottle was opened in front of me.  One guy who had served on a U.S. base in Thailand even said I should carry my own bottle opener and pop the caps myself!

Opening bottles of beer in front of the customer was the routine in some Thai go go bars through the 1990, although it has since faded.  However, I still only order bottled beer in Thai girlie establishments.  I prefer draft, but draft beer is a fresh product that has to be transported, stored and dispensed properly, which isn't always the case in Thailand.  Many bars fail to regularly clear and clean their dispensing systems, not to mention the disgusting practice of topping up mugs with slops and recycled beer.   vomi-small.jpg

I agree with @boydeste It's not a myth at all.  Once a girl gets to know a customer and has a favorable impression, she'll often go with him for her "most favored" price, often 1,000 baht.  Resident ex-pats and regular visitors to LOS are usually aware of this.  One proviso:  not all girls have a "most-favored-customer price" and you can never count on it happening, but it's not uncommon.

It's possible the Malicious Munchkin had regulars who accepted 1,000 baht from him for their services; nothing extraordinary in that, thousands have doneyjr same.  However, he crossed the line into dishonesty and  absurdity when he claimed he could get any go go dancer for his 1,000-baht limit.  He was vague on how he did it and  it seemed like he was proposing either Jedi mind tricks or magic spells.  When pressed hard, he revealed his technique consisted of psychologically manipulating the girl by standing fast on price.  That, he said, made him "strong" (93x700px-LL-2ee3a7d8_roflmao.gif) in the girl's  eyes  and she'd drop her price to his level  wacko.gif.

Stunners for 1,000 baht is not a myth, but becomes one in Gabor's telling.

Pattaya myths is for me a very interesting topic.  Some that I and others have busted in the past:

• Paying the girls more than one punter decrees is appropriate drives up prices and ruins the scene for everyone.
  • There is a market rate or correct level for P4P prices in Pattaya.
  • Many dancers in go gos work for drinks only and never go with customers.
  • Prices for (pick the one you want) lady drinks, bar fines, girls' fees have recently skyrocketed.
  • Pattaya got its start as "Sin City" as am R & R destination for U.S. troops during the Viet Nam War.
  • Pattaya bar owners are greedy.
  • If you treat a Thai girl nicely, she'll become spoiled and won't respect you.
  • Larry was actually Xendu, a 25-million-year-old alien who headed the cult of secretologists.  (That's my personal favorite among the Pattaya myths). Evil Penevil was both a grand master and head assassin in the same cult (I actually found that rather flattering!  Thank you.gif)  Eyenitnoi, Mr DK and several others were also grandmasters.

Great post Evil  and thanks for the insight (but you also managed to drop in several myths I was going to use in order to move the thread forward LOL 🤣🤣🤣  )

Yes, Gabor, the malicious munchkin and his modus operandi based upon the balance of odds that eventually a girl will agree to his 1k offer, then decided it was a blanket rule he could apply to all.

Here's another "myth" that has been doing the rounds for a few years, but in all truth despite it actually being factual, I've never known or met anyone having paid it.

"The Permanent Barfine"

Was it a myth? - or was it someone just being greedy in order to justify losing a girl from his bar who did what many BG's do - Worked in a bar in the hope of meeting a decent farang to marry and spend their life with?.

The first I heard this was in 2000 /01 and it was the FLB Bar managed by Ben at the time. He told me that if anyone wanted to marry one of "his" staff, there was a permanent barfine to be paid (amount not disclosed).

whether this was enforced, and how it could be enforced I have no idea, but I don't think that Mistys had such a policy, nor did the Top class group run by Gop on Pattayaland 2 (for any of the bars) - and Gop was a mercenary bitch at the best of times.

Does it still exist? - Did it ever exist? - would it work today?.

@Evil Penevil - your thoughts on this would be appreciated 🙂

Edited by Butch
  • Like 3

On 7/23/2022 at 8:38 PM, Butch said:

Ok, this one's for @Evil Penevil - as he will know of whom I speak...

Can you really pick up an off duty GoGo stunner for 1000 baht ST?.

Happened to me only once with the legendary (or infamous) number 58 from Happy (and it was still more than 1000 baht but LT), but I was younger and more handsomer, and since then, I'm calling myth.

I can think of another guy that would brag he never would pay more than a 1000 LT  

probably on the same forum 

56 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

Opening bottles of beer in front of the customer was the routine in some Thai go go bars through the 1990, although it has since faded.  However, I still only order bottled beer in Thai girlie establishments.  I prefer draft, but draft beer is a fresh product that has to be transported, stored and dispensed properly, which isn't always the case in Thailand.  Many bars fail to regularly clear and clean their dispensing systems, not to mention the disgusting practice of topping up mugs with slops and recycled beer.  

Opening the bottle in front of you is very much the practice in the (lower end) bars of Manila believe it or not - very possibly a hold over from the days of the US influence. I'll only drink draft if I can see it being poured, and even then only at a stretch.

When Ben ran FLB I brought over some beer lines / pumps and other Bar equipment for him in my luggage as he was then setting up the draft beer in the bar. My reward? - free draft for my trip!.

OT - but I spent an inordinate amount of time in a bar in Alabang Festival Mall which had live music and was popular with the locals - the staff had that habit of leaving your empty bottles on the table, which, when I had 10 empty SM lights in front of me stuffed upside down in 2 buckets, anyone coming in thought I was a resident alcoholic and it also allowed the Mrs to go ballistic when she turned up, especially as I'd only been gone 3 hours...

Edited by Butch
  • Haha 1

I always thought the biggest Pattaya "myth", was the ongoing planned retirement of Eyenitnoy and his moving there! Always creating financial charts and graphs, cost estimates vs income potential, buying vs renting, average daily cash outflow, etc......

Does anybody actually know if that "myth" was put to bed and he really did make the move?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, gs joe said:

I can think of another guy that would brag he never would pay more than a 1000 LT  

probably on the same forum 

If you are referring to me, I don't think I ever paid more than 1000 LT, but the last time was around Songkran 2001 (and a regular from a beer bar).

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Freee!! said:

If you are referring to me, I don't think I ever paid more than 1000 LT, but the last time was around Songkran 2001 (and a regular from a beer bar).

Fair price back then, iirc that was during my monger days and I'd normally pay 1200 -1400 LT give or take and that was for a GGG, 1k LT for a beer bar girl would have been on the money. That's 21 years ago now, where does the time go???

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Butch said:

"The Permanent Barfine"

Was it a myth? - or was it someone just being greedy in order to justify losing a girl from his bar who did what many BG's do - Worked in a bar in the hope of meeting a decent farang to marry and spend their life with?.

The first I heard this was in 2000 /01 and it was the FLB Bar managed by Ben at the time. He told me that if anyone wanted to marry one of "his" staff, there was a permanent barfine to be paid (amount not disclosed).

whether this was enforced, and how it could be enforced I have no idea, but I don't think that Mistys had such a policy, nor did the Top class group run by Gop on Pattayaland 2 (for any of the bars) - and Gop was a mercenary bitch at the best of times.

Does it still exist? - Did it ever exist? - would it work today?.

That was wifey's sole reason for working in a WS BB (well thats what she told me lol) and yes when we got married and had a party in her BB to celebrate i was asked to pay 15K Bht to release her from the bar !!!

You can imagine my reply lol

• Great Info 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

I always thought the biggest Pattaya "myth", was the ongoing planned retirement of Eyenitnoy and his moving there! Always creating financial charts and graphs, cost estimates vs income potential, buying vs renting, average daily cash outflow, etc......

Does anybody actually know if that "myth" was put to bed and he really did make the move?

A recent post on another board said he was forced to retire earlier than planned due to illness, but probably didn't make the move here as his condo at Fly Bird is listed on BahtSold.

• Great Info 1
  • Sad 3

7 hours ago, Butch said:

Here's another "myth" that has been doing the rounds for a few years, but in all truth despite it actually being factual, I've never known or met anyone having paid it.

"The Permanent Barfine"

I'm only replying because it is you darling and I miss you!

The bar upstairs in NEP (the cat house?), same owner as Big Dog, had all the brown bottle beer chang you can drink in four hours for 100 Baht. He only had 3 or 4 girls in there but two of them were very good at getting blokes to fall in love with them.

They really were nice fun girls that would ask for a permanent bar fine ...then turn up again 3 months later after getting "divorced". Each time they simply said that they acted like bitches after a few months so that they could get back to work.

Obviously it didn't happen too often as it was full of drunken cheap charlies like me!

• Haha 6

On 7/25/2022 at 9:04 PM, Evil Penevil said:

Before I made my first trip to Thailand in 1979, I was working in Taipei and had a lot of contact with U.S. military guys, active duty and vets.  They told me that in girlie bars in Asia I should only order bottled beer and insist that the bottle be opened in front of me.  One guy who had served on a U.S. base in Thailand even said I should carry my own bottle opener and pop the caps myself!

I'd be okay with the girl opening the bottle for me as long as she used my preferred method. :default_drink: 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, monkeyman said:

I'd be okay with the girl opening the bottle for me as long as she used my preferred method. :default_drink: 

You've spent far too much time in either Nice and Sleazy or Marylin's.

I learned after my first trip not to sit too close.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Butch said:

You've spent far too much time in either Nice and Sleazy or Marylin's.

I learned after my first trip not to sit too close.

Hot n Cold was also a very good place for alternative entertainment, the "beer squirter" comes to mind, a very pretty girl too......

6 hours ago, SteveBC said:

Hot n Cold was also a very good place for alternative entertainment, the "beer squirter" comes to mind, a very pretty girl too......

Ah, Yes, Hot n cold was the one I was thinking of...the famous Beer enema...not Nice n sleazy, whixh, to it's credit also had some comely wenches working. I recall one that had a full set of teeth once.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/23/2022 at 1:52 PM, coxyhog said:

I remember bringing some back with me to the UK,must've been 82 or 3....all the decent stuff in duty free & I brought fucking shite Mekong back....young & dumb.

I did that.  I brought a bottle with the label only in Thai, as a conversation piece on my home bar.  I never drank it, but a few times a guest would try a taste.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, tko said:

I did that.  I brought a bottle with the label only in Thai, as a conversation piece on my home bar.  I never drank it, but a few times a guest would try a taste.

There was a rumour going round Pattaya in the early 80's that someone took a bottle back to Oz & got it analysed.

The rumour was that there was lots of shite in it that you should never imbibe.

But I used to drink lots of the stuff & I'm 69 in a few weeks.

• Like 1

When I was between jobs in the ME my mate put me up in his bar & it was 24hr opening then.

I would crawl out of bed mid afternoon,go & have a milkshake & some ice cream & then go on the Mekong coke.

Usually get back around sun up.

I pretty quickly realised that this was not good for my health & got a flight back to the UK.

Don't think I've touched Mekong since.

• Like 1