The Health, Diet and Exercise Thread

galenkia

8 hours ago, KhunDon said:

Surprised to hear that your heart meds are causing your diarrhoea mate. 
Which ones are you on?

I’ve just started back on Metformin today after months off of it as I was getting the same problem, but never had any problems with my heart medications at all and I’m on around 10 different meds daily, but not all heart meds. 
Only Metformin caused me problems and many people have had the same problem with them. 

I am fairly sure it is the Atorvastatin although my prognosis is solely based on a Google search which confirmed diarrhea as a common side effect.

I will be sure to mention this today when I have my bloods taken again but a week today is my appointment to assess how I am responding to all the meds I am taking.

Yesterday was almost a "perfect storm" of things that could conspire to make me feel like shite. No sleep after 02:00am caused by a continuous streaming cold and the worst diarrhea I have experienced since I started on all these new meds.

I felt really bad about alarming my two daughters who had come round to help me consume all the left over Christmas goodies. I think I will get them to phone my GP the next time I need an appointment. Amazingly, he phoned me 20 minutes after Karen had spoke to the Receptionist at the Practice.

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

I am fairly sure it is the Atorvastatin although my prognosis is solely based on a Google search which confirmed diarrhea as a common side effect.

I will be sure to mention this today when I have my bloods taken again but a week today is my appointment to assess how I am responding to all the meds I am taking.

Yesterday was almost a "perfect storm" of things that could conspire to make me feel like shite. No sleep after 02:00am caused by a continuous streaming cold and the worst diarrhea I have experienced since I started on all these new meds.

I felt really bad about alarming my two daughters who had come round to help me consume all the left over Christmas goodies. I think I will get them to phone my GP the next time I need an appointment. Amazingly, he phoned me 20 minutes after Karen had spoke to the Receptionist at the Practice.

You could well be right. 👍

Statins can cause problems when you first start them. I went through several ones before I settled on, believe it or not, Atorvastatin 🤗 All the other ones gave me the runs. 🤣

My sister was the same, but strangely she settled best on Simvastatin. 
Different people, different reactions I suppose. 
I found taking my Statin at night suited me best as well. 

Good luck mate. 👍

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, KhunDon said:

You could well be right. 👍

Statins can cause problems when you first start them. I went through several ones before I settled on, believe it or not, Atorvastatin 🤗 All the other ones gave me the runs. 🤣

My sister was the same, but strangely she settled best on Simvastatin. 
Different people, different reactions I suppose. 
I found taking my Statin at night suited me best as well. 

Good luck mate. 👍

Same with me, I was on a different statin when first prescribed, I just could not function well in the morning, also had stomach upsets and felt down. 

I was taken off statins for a while and when they recommended it was time to have another try, they prescribed 10mg of Atorvastatin. I have had no problems since and my daily trips to the loo are happy ones.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, lazarus said:

Screenshot 2024-01-01 132012.jpg

I expect a steak would have more calories for 4oz than 180, perhaps it depends how you cook it. The rice could be compared to say potato with a steak, the beans are a better provider of protein than rice. But no doubt red meat is a good source of protein.

42 minutes ago, Zambo said:

I expect a steak would have more calories for 4oz than 180, perhaps it depends how you cook it. The rice could be compared to say potato with a steak, the beans are a better provider of protein than rice. But no doubt red meat is a good source of protein.

I'd call bullshit on it.

Beware of comparisons using mixed units. In this case ounces vs cups. They are probably trying to confuse you and hide something.

PS. 33 grams of protein powder provides 30 grams of protein and 120 calories.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, fygjam said:

I'd call bullshit on it.

Beware of comparisons using mixed units. In this case ounces vs cups. They are probably trying to confuse you and hide something.

PS. 33 grams of protein powder provides 30 grams of protein and 120 calories.

4oz is about 114g

For the vegetarian example if we put the rice aside then i estimate 2 cups of unnamed beans @ say 100g per cup.

200g beans estimate.  250 calories

Estimate protein.             20 gram

Estimate carbs                 50 gram

Estimate fat.                       5 gram             

114g steak estimate.     280 calories

Estimate protein.              32 gram

Estimate carbs.                   0 gram

Estimate fat.                      17 gram

Cuts of Steak: The Leanest and Fattiest Options

Note: The American Heart Association recommends limiting lean meat, poultry and seafood consumption to six ounces per day. The USDA defines an extra-lean cut of beef as a 3.5-ounce serving (about 100 grams) that contains fewer than 5 grams total fat, 2 grams of which are saturated fat, and 95 milligrams of cholesterol. 

Nutritional facts provided by caloriecount.com. Nutrition information for a six-ounce serving (170 gram).

The Leanest Cuts of Beef

1. Sirloin Tip Side Steak
Taken from the sirloin tip or the top of the round. Very lean, but still holds flavor.

Nutrition Facts
Calories: 206
Fat: 5.4g
Saturated Fat: 2.06g
Protein: 39g

2. Top Round Steak
Cut from the hip (part of the round) and considered flavorful and more tender than other cuts from the round.

Nutrition Facts
Calories: 240
Fat: 7.6g
Saturated Fat: 3g
Protein: 36.9g

3. Eye of Round Steak
Similar to the cuts taken from the tenderloin, but tougher and less juicy.

Nutrition Facts
Calories: 276
Fat: 7g
Saturated Fat: 2.4g
Protein: 49.8g

4. Bottom Round Steak
Taken from the outer part of the round, a well-exercised area of the animal. The meat tends to be tough and typically needs marinating.

Nutrition Facts
Calories: 300
Fat: 11g
Saturated Fat: 3.8
Protein: 47.2g

5. Top Sirloin
Has good flavor but can be tough, so typically needs marinating.

Nutrition Facts
Calories: 316
Fat: 10.6g
Saturated Fat: 4g
Protein: 51.6g

The Fattiest Cuts of Steak

1. Flap Steak
Very flavorful, but can be fibrous and chewy.

Nutrition Facts
Calories: 240
Fat: 12g
Saturated Fat: 3.8g
Protein: 33g

2. Filet Mignon (Chateaubriand or Tenderloin)
Tender and sought-after, it's considered one of the best cuts of beef.

Nutrition Facts
Calories: 348
Fat: 16g
Saturated Fat: 6g
Protein: 48g

3. Porterhouse Steak
Very expensive and flavorful. Cut from the choice tenderloin.

Nutrition Facts
Calories: 346
Fat: 16.4g
Saturated Fat: 6.6g
Protein: 46.2g

4. Skirt Steak
Also known as a flank steak. Taken from the plate or chest of the cow, it’s known for its flavor over tenderness.

Nutrition Facts
Calories: 348
Fat: 17.2g
Saturated Fat: 6.6g
Protein: 45.4g

5. New York Strip Steak
Very tough cut of meat taken from the T-bone area.

Nutrition Facts
Calories: 360
Fat: 18g
Saturated Fat: 6g
Protein: 46g

6. T-Bone Steak
A cut from below the porterhouse. Its high fat content means that it stays tender while cooking.

Nutrition Facts
Calories: 376
Fat: 25.6g
Saturated Fat: 10.6g
Protein: 33g

7. Rib Eye Steak (Rib Roast, Prime Rib)
The crème de la crème of steaks. A very marbled cut, it's flavorful and stays tender while cooking.

Nutrition Facts
Calories: 466
Fat: 37.6g
Saturated Fat: 15g
Protein: 30g

• Great Info 1

3 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Any nice birds that weighed less than you do?

Every time I go there it’s always full of proper fit girls in skimpy clothes. Spend most of the time trying not to get a boner.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Every time I go there it’s always full of proper fit girls in skimpy clothes. Spend most of the time trying not to get a boner.

Yesterday, I finally got back to the gym (since the holiday closing). I went to pay for a month memebership which I thought was 1,500 (based on previous knowledge, price posting). 

I filled out the paperwork, and pulled out 2 1,000 notes. The girl handed me back one of the 1,000 bant notes and pointed at a new promotion sign - 999 baht/month. I let out a loud shriek of joy. Everybody within earshot was smiling.

I then go into the gym area. There was more hot pussy in there than any gogo I had ever been in. 

If I didn't force myself into my workout trance I would have never completed what I came there for, and probably would have been kicked out and banned for life.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Butch said:

It's actually a load of waffle.

Come on, you can do better than that.

I actually have to agree with you in some ways. But the self awareness part is in fact the underlying key to everything. Most don't have a clue.

The only real meaningful self defense tecniques I can give with confidence are...

1. Run

2. Scream like hell

• Thumbs Up 3

Just taken my blood pressure and it’s no wonder I’m staggering around like a drunk.

97/77

No wonder l keep hallucinating at things. I ‘m stopping taking it until I can see my doctor.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, galenkia said:

Just taken my blood pressure and it’s no wonder I’m staggering around like a drunk.

97/77

No wonder l keep hallucinating at things. I ‘m stopping taking it until I can see my doctor.

Drink 2/3 large glasses of water, it’ll soon be up around 125/75. 

I was in Southampton University Hospital having just had an angioplasty and was about to leave the recovery ward as someone was picking me up to take me home. 
Ward sister did my BP and it was lower than yours. 😟

She bought me 2 jugs of water and said “if you want to go home, drink this” which I did over 30 minutes or so. She then did my Bp again and it was normal. 🤗

• Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, KhunDon said:

Drink 2/3 large glasses of water, it’ll soon be up around 125/75. 

I was in Southampton University Hospital having just had an angioplasty and was about to leave the recovery ward as someone was picking me up to take me home. 
Ward sister did my BP and it was lower than yours. 😟

She bought me 2 jugs of water and said “if you want to go home, drink this” which I did over 30 minutes or so. She then did my Bp again and it was normal. 🤗

Thing is, I was drinking plenty, but still stumbling about and hallucinating 

Have quite enjoyed it, honestly, I have felt like I’m back in my Acid days.

You will be surprised what you see out the corner of your eye. I saw a man standing beside my bed with a dog on it.Plus so much more.

My favorite has to be the way my deodorants,mouthwash and mini WD40 lined up, like a Star Wars scene.The deodorants even produced guns, and that’s while I’m looking directly at them. 

Blood pressure now up to 135. Be a shame to lose it,as now I’m going up as it’s been fun, but I’d go crazy if it was longer term.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, galenkia said:

97/77

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this at all yet, but would you ever think of calling 111, perchance?

image.thumb.gif.1d4bf66baa07bfd06037d1e05452e787.gif

• Haha 2

On 1/6/2024 at 10:01 AM, Glasseye said:

Yesterday, I finally got back to the gym (since the holiday closing). I went to pay for a month memebership which I thought was 1,500 (based on previous knowledge, price posting). 

I filled out the paperwork, and pulled out 2 1,000 notes. The girl handed me back one of the 1,000 bant notes and pointed at a new promotion sign - 999 baht/month. I let out a loud shriek of joy. Everybody within earshot was smiling.

I then go into the gym area. There was more hot pussy in there than any gogo I had ever been in. 

If I didn't force myself into my workout trance I would have never completed what I came there for, and probably would have been kicked out and banned for life.

I know the feeling! 

Karen.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, galenkia said:

97/77

Yep, be careful with stopping meds completely. 

What kind of b.p. monitor are you using ?

It could actually be a sign that you are getting "in shape". When you are physically active over a period of time b.p. often improves. It may be that your body is actually getting healthier.

I am trying to look at the positvie side of it. I am sure the whole event has been worrisome for you.

I am planning on dropping my b.p. meds soon. The pharmacist said I should cut down first before stopping completely. Taper down.