What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

My daughter just popped over to give me a new backpack she bought at Theprasit market. Perfect for carryon when I fly to UK for my holiday, 580 baht, (I think she noticed that the one I have now is a bit stinky!!!)

Whilst she was still here the police came in force to raid the house opposite, AGAIN!

Everybody here is getting really pissed off with that family. We all helped each other out during Covid and it has been a pleasure living here with a bunch of good people but since this other family returned  from their exile up North they have dragged down the mood of the place!

• Sad 3

Been a productive morning.

I purchased some swivel casters to modify my fishing barrow. My mate had made some steel plates and welded then to the legs for me. Unfortunately they didn't sit quite right, so this morning I took the barrow to his workshop so that he could put the Laser on the legs to cut at the exact angle. Also it enabled us to tack weld the plates and check the casters would sit perfectly upright. All went well and he welded then properly for full strength.

All I need to do now is to buy 4 more stainless bolts and give them a coat of paint.

I then met up with a couple of mates for breakfast and a catch up.

Now home and enjoying watching Ronnie kick Vafaei ass at snooker.

20230422_142635.jpg

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

6 hours ago, boydeste said:

Been a productive morning.

I purchased some swivel casters to modify my fishing barrow. My mate had made some steel plates and welded then to the legs for me. Unfortunately they didn't sit quite right, so this morning I took the barrow to his workshop so that he could put the Laser on the legs to cut at the exact angle. Also it enabled us to tack weld the plates and check the casters would sit perfectly upright. All went well and he welded then properly for full strength.

All I need to do now is to buy 4 more stainless bolts and give them a coat of paint.

I then met up with a couple of mates for breakfast and a catch up.

Now home and enjoying watching Ronnie kick Vafaei ass at snooker.

20230422_142635.jpg

• Haha 2

Trying to figure out how I am going to fix my first flat tire on my new bicycle. It's probably been 45 years since the last time I repaired one. I also stupidly bought a worthless air pump. Need to get a good one before I can think about doing anything. 

11 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Trying to figure out how I am going to fix my first flat tire on my new bicycle. It's probably been 45 years since the last time I repaired one. I also stupidly bought a worthless air pump. Need to get a good one before I can think about doing anything. 

Given the price I paid to get a motorbike puncture fixed maybe remove the wheel and take it to a bike shop.

• Like 1

For the last week I have been trying to reset the camera on my laptop. Haven't been able to make video calls on Skype or Messenger. 

Googled the work arounds, as I was getting an error message that an App was still using the camera. Went into Privacy and Security and tried resetting everything I could think off, then rebooting according to the YouTube videos for a fix.

Nothing seemed to fix the problem, even got Facebook asking for me to allow access which seemed all Ok.

Was going to give up when my 8 year old came over and said 'daddy, why don't you press the F8 key'. I noticed it had a picture of the camera with a line across it (never noticed it before). I pressed it and, low and behold, I suddenly had access to the camera on Messenger. Smart arse 8 year made me look foolish.

I was still wondering why I was getting the error message 'that another app was using the camera', but may be a reset as per the YouTube video and a simple touch of the F8 key resolved everything. 

My daughter, Kataleya, is now tucking into a KFC box meal for 1.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Painter said:

Me too. Except I received it on my thai phone, but have had nothing on my UK phone. 

I received it on my UK phone but not my Thai phone, assuming you needed to click OK for the message to go away. I was out walking at the time and there was nothing on the screen on my return home.

11 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

I was still wondering why I was getting the error message 'that another app was using the camera', but may be a reset as per the YouTube video and a simple touch of the F8 key resolved everything. 

That other app would probably be Windows or what ever other operating system you are running.

The F8 button must disable the use of the camera.

13 minutes ago, boydeste said:

That other app would probably be Windows or what ever other operating system you are running.

The F8 button must disable the use of the camera.

It does indeed. It has a pic of a camera but I have never noticed it. Like many times I have told people to just reboot to restore I wish Google had just told me about the F8 key.

I have Windows 11 Microsoft Edge S Mode. I don't particularly like it and would have Google back tomorrow but if I download Google I, supposedly, lose all the security features of Microsoft Edge. It's a one way ticket.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Alternating NBA Sacramento-GSW, and ladies’ golf, a Thai has a chance at a major

Great Warriors game, can they win 2 on the road though? We'll see. Will be back May 18th in "Man Jose"  Might consider going to a playoff game if they are still in it. Talk about price increases? Geez...outrageous how much they want for playoff tickets. The Thai women golfers are good..

IMG_8379.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yesterday my 1 year free Microsoft 365 run out, I decided I didn't need it as I do little work on my laptop that needs what is offered. I have notepad which works well for me.

Now, I open Hotmail and I have started getting adverts being delivered to my inbox which I never received before. Of course I delete them, but then I get messages asking me to go advert free at $1.99 a month. 

Pain but won't move me. If I buy another laptop I won't have Microsoft Edge, been a bit of a bloody pain ever since I got it. Hangs, freezes and is generally not as user friendly as my old Google Chrome; don't mind the Windows but with Chrome in future.

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

Yesterday my 1 year free Microsoft 365 run out, I decided I didn't need it as I do little work on my laptop that needs what is offered. I have notepad which works well for me.

Now, I open Hotmail and I have started getting adverts being delivered to my inbox which I never received before. Of course I delete them, but then I get messages asking me to go advert free at $1.99 a month. 

Pain but won't move me. If I buy another laptop I won't have Microsoft Edge, been a bit of a bloody pain ever since I got it. Hangs, freezes and is generally not as user friendly as my old Google Chrome; don't mind the Windows but with Chrome in future.

Why can't you download Chrome?