What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Got an e-mail from one of my former gal pals from the coffee scene. Just telling me what is going on in her life, work etc. Setting up a "date" with her when I get back to USA next month for dinner. 

Rachel is a nice gal.....she is at 1:32 of this video, signing autographs etc. Took this video in SFO at one of the car shows she was working at.  My buddy in our Marketing Communications dept edited, and added Motley Crue to the soundtrack for me. 

I think Steven Spielberg is probably afraid of me LOL! 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just noticed the power plug to the drive I use for backups had unseated itself and as a result the last automatic backup was on 8 March. Glad I caught the problem before I needed the backup.

The only reason I checked is while I was on the phone trying to help a friend work through a problem with their laptop, and chastising her for not having a backup, I decided to check my backup history.

Now configuring Aomei Backupper to send me an email when my weekly backup fails due to the external hard drive going off line. Also gave myself a facepalm for not figuring out how to do this sooner.

22 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Now configuring Aomei Backupper to send me an email when my weekly backup fails due to the external hard drive going off line. Also gave myself a facepalm for not figuring out how to do this sooner.

I love reading your techy posts.

It is like going to a Star Trek convention and listening to fans having complete conversations in Klingon !!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

Just noticed the power plug to the drive I use for backups had unseated itself and as a result the last automatic backup was on 8 March. Glad I caught the problem before I needed the backup.

The only reason I checked is while I was on the phone trying to help a friend work through a problem with their laptop, and chastising her for not having a backup, I decided to check my backup history.

Thanks for that, soon as I have finished cleaning the a/c filters (and after I have finished faffing around on this phone 😎). I am going to back the lappy up and sort my iCloud out. 
👍

6 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Just noticed the power plug to the drive I use for backups had unseated itself and as a result the last automatic backup was on 8 March. Glad I caught the problem before I needed the backup...etc.

Thanks for the reminder!  :default_good:

6 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Or the classic, I find my phone more interesting than anything else happening around me at 1:47.

Think she is looking up 'breast augmentation' on her phone. Lovely looking but needs some uplift. Personal view of course.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just had my income taxes done yesterday by my longtime friend and accountant and almost crapped myself - gotta rethink this working after retirement thing, highest tax bill I've ever had to pay - yikes. She tells me that because of the amount, they'll probably ask me to pay next year's taxes in instalments throughout this year and that suits me okay - better than a big lump sum at the end like now. She also suggested having my present employer take off more taxes on my regular paycheques, another good idea and I'll submit the paperwork tomorrow. I'd originally thought of working most of the rest of this year but I think I'll finish in September as I have a trip planned for October anyway and in my present position I can come and go as I please. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

6 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Watching the NFL Draft- can’t believe a 5’10” QB went first overall 

Just watched the First Round highlights as live.

Love the NFL but would profess to never having watched a college game in my life- so obviously clueless as to if a picks good or bad.

The fun for me was watching mock drafts from people like Peter King who I really like and Collingsworth, and seeing how they turned out.

King had Will Levis at 4!!

10 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Dam, even one of the greatest drummers of all time, is not invincible. 1977 Oakland Coliseum Arena. 

https://www.loudersound.com/news/carl-palmer-sends-fans-message-after-heart-surgery?fbclid=IwAR0V8-yHuBQzOx2vKi-WWF-vloTSNS2dSbF97D8NhlNlPJVWie4VVWOKLWM

2-18-2006-27.JPG

Years back when I had a three day stopover in Hong Kong, one night (early evening) I stumbled into a small rock bar in Wan Chai. I decided to sit and have a couple of beers and see a set or two and then head off and try to get my dick wet.

Ended staying until about 2 am and saw three incredible bands. Turned out to be one of the most memorable events I can recall when travelling, ever. Tremendous, and completely spontaneous.

The last band was a basic rock band doing mostly covers, but very well done. All of the bands were Westerners made up of excellent musicians.

The place was about the size of Babydolls and by the time the second band started was packed to the gills. Since I had arrived early I had a nice seat against a wall with a perfect view, about twenty feet from the drum set. 

Man o man did this guy put out the energy.... Non stop brilliant. The guy was soaking wet at the end. The place was electrified. The drummer had a smile from ear to ear. You could see how he was pleased with his (and the bands) performance along with the vibe from the audience. 

Those guys really crank it out.

--------------------------

I think you saw the vid I posted a while back about the conditioning Ref. Chile Peppers.

--------------------------

Back in the day we used to discuss longevity. My good buddy and I agreed, it is about 80 % genetics.

Best wishes to Mr. Palmer on a speedy recovery. 

The cardiovascular advances they have now a days is incredible. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I've been a good boy and have been booking things for my trip to UK:

- Nam's taxi 1000 baht

- Fast Track 30 quid

- Miracle Lounge at G2 for my EVA Flight USD 46 (I am damned sure I will drink more than that in 3 hours!)

- National Coach LHR T2 to home 14 quid

I am staying in town for a couple of nights for the Dentist/M&S/More shopping and the hotel has a printer so shall kill that bird too...

• Thumbs Up 3

24 minutes ago, karon steve said:

- Miracle Lounge at G2 for my EVA Flight.....make sure you eat before you arrive as the food offerings in that lounge were abysmal.

Was that during Covid? Apparently they will reopen everything this month ...

I am more interested in drinking 1,500 baht worth of wine before my flight... Will that be possible ??