What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

16 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Changing my 7.5 tog duvet to a 13.5 ....

Winter is coming ... 

🙂 

I have a split tog duvet, one half for summer and I join them together for the winter. Not sure without looking the exact split, but last night I just dragged the winter part over the top of the summer one to keep warm.

When I change the cover I will join them together and be sorted for the oncoming cold.

This morning I felt cold when I got up, so kicked the heating into action for the first time since the summer. Delighted that it fired up quickly and warmed the house through. It did take 2 goes at firing up, so I may give the fan a lick of oil on the bushes when I get chance. It may just be the pressure switch being a bit lazy as not been used for several months.

Last night when I tried to un-recline my chair in my 3 seater sofa, something snapped and I dropped a few inches. Struggled to get out of it because the front leg support wouldn't lock back in and I was very tired and a few beers down. This morning I have dragged the sofa out, vacuumed the shite under it and replaced it with a single recliner. Too much to sort out fishing tackle wise to worry about it for now, will be a job to assess the damage next week. Hopefully I can repair it, because it has been the most comfortable sofa I have ever sat in. Being around 17 years old, I doubt there will be spares that fit, although I have 2 singles that I may be able to sacrifice for spares, in fact I think I have done that before when a recliner handle snapped on me. Ummm, I must check so that I rob from the same one!

Sat now with the first cup of tea contemplating what to take out of the freezer for tomorrows dinner, tonight it will almost certainly be a take away of some sorts having reacquainting myself with some proper beer down the pub.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Haha 1

On 9/23/2023 at 11:44 AM, galenkia said:

Out shopping .

My sister Jan has been emptying her bank accounts so I don’t have to pay inheritance tax, She gave me almost £70k on Tuesday in cash.

So thought I’d treat myself.

IMG_0581.jpeg

You could get a crew of 10 on each of those! 😉

• Haha 2

Panic phone call from mother..... her cat had got shut into a spare bedroom last night, and was only discovered at midday today.... except the cat had tried to dig its way out of the room by lifting up the carpet, which meant mum couldn't open the door....

Cat was remarkably calm when I managed it, unlike mother....

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, galenkia said:

More retail therapy. £165 on more trainers and a jacket for winter. £85 instead of £165 for the jacket and £80 for the trainers.

Jan basically said to spend it, not save it for a future I may not have.

She called me earlier and said ‘ I have another £27k for you’.

Fucking mad.😂

IMG_0584.jpeg

Hope you're ok pal.

Was reading some of your posts about your Sister.

Sorry , stay strong

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

9 minutes ago, galenkia said:

More retail therapy. £165 on more trainers and a jacket for winter. £85 instead of £165 for the jacket and £80 for the trainers.

Fucking mad.😂

IMG_0584.jpeg

I like the trainers mate but if I were to wear that white jacket I'd look like that big white wobbly sphere on The Prisoner...

.. I'd empty the streets of Bracknell !!!

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Fucking mad.😂

IMG_0584.jpeg

Are you taking no chances and got the hazmat suit because of the latest Covid variant, or what's the story there ...:hmmm:

images (1).jpeg

• Haha 2

Just had my flu jab at a walk in pharmacy local to me. Got lucky as they only had 4 left in the fridge for under 60s. Didn't realise it was a different jab for over 60s.

Covid booster booked for next week, so getting all my ducks in a row before looking at my Winter travels.

• Thumbs Up 5

31 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I'm not hungry.

In fact I am comfortably full ......

..... But I keep looking at the portobello mushrooms in my fridge.. It'll only take a few minutes to sprinkle them with cheese and stick 'em under the grill... I never scrape out the black stuff nor peel them either .....

Ooo-maa-mee

Most cheeses are fermented and the longer they ferment the drier they become. As this process works, the umami content is created. Chef Joe Baird, cheese expert for Real California Milk explained, “Aged cheeses tend to have the most-savory umami flavor because of enzymatic breakdown of milk proteins into amino acids. In cheese, glutamate is the main amino acid that creates those umami flavors,” he said.

Mushrooms are high in natural flavor-enhancing glutamate. The Glutamate Association estimates that mushrooms contain about 180 milligrams of free glutamate per 100-gram serving. Shiitake and enoki mushrooms are the richest in glutamate. But all mushrooms impart a savory, brothy or beefy flavor which is umami.

• Great Info 3