What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Bought this for Jan after the gym. Trying to make her room more homely.

IMG_0692.jpeg

Gave it a test run and it’s brilliant, so captivating, you can just sit there staring at it. Gonna get one for myself. It’s like a little tornado that constantly changes colors.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

9 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

When my sister next up from me was going through the final stages we did the same. Of course she was on "happy drugs" but the look of joy on her face as she looked around her room was like when a child first sees a Christmas tree ..

:default_cray:

Sister told me on Friday that the drugs they put her on for lung cancer aren’t working as they should, so they’re going to try another one. 
Does’nt sound good, although she’s in a good frame of mind at the moment. 
Life can be a real bitch at times.

On the bright side, I’ve been informed that I can’t go on the Muscular Skelitol waiting list as there aren’t any free appointments. 😡

Edited by KhunDon
  • Sad 4

On 12/1/2023 at 11:20 AM, forcebwithu said:

My philosophy throughout my working career was I work to afford my time off.

The main reason for why I retired at 47 was I was traveling too much for the company. 
I’d already turned down 2 good promotions within the conglomerate I worked for, as it would have meant I’d be in the air on a plane longer than I’d be on the ground some months and I wasn’t going to do that, despite the money. 
To be fair, the company was extremely good to me and did their best to keep me happy, but when I met my soon to be wife, I made a conscious decision that the time to quit working was very close and by the years end I’d quit for good with a very nice payoff from the company. 

• Thumbs Up 6

On 11/30/2023 at 3:21 AM, KWA said:

They offer even shorter connections but I would always go for the longer one as I wnt to get my moneys worth of food and drink in the lounge.  It is a really small and easy to get around airport, although you would be entering Schengen which my transits haven't done so there's some formalities there I expect.

image.png

Yea, i booked the lounge for the 4hour 10 min stopover on the way back.

It was only £30, arrive at 3.20pm, so after a big breakfast where i'm staying, i'll make it worth my while with food, soft drinks, snacks, coffee etc, considering normal airport prices. Think it said i have access for 3 hours, which would suit just right.

Didn't give me the option of the lounge on way out, maybe as the stopover is only 2hours, 30mins, i don't know. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/2/2023 at 11:21 AM, Stillearly said:

Today I shall be mostly wearing a Galloway Group golfing sweatshirt that I bought off a stall in the street fair that set up outside our house on Naebkehardt Road in 2001. 
Still as good as new. 🤗

• Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, KhunDon said:

Sister told me on Friday that the drugs they put her on for lung cancer aren’t working as they should, so they’re going to try another one. 
Does’nt sound good, although she’s in a good frame of mind at the moment. 
Life can be a real bitch at times.

On the bright side, I’ve been informed that I can’t go on the Muscular Skelitol waiting list as there aren’t any free appointments. 😡

Totally feel for you mate. Jan is quite poorly now, can’t see her making it to Christmas personally. It tears you apart, in that you don’t want to lose them, but you want their suffering to end. It’s very difficult to deal with.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, galenkia said:

yeah, it’s all about not feeling in a hospital environment, but trying to make them feel at home.

When mom was in the nursing home. I brought in some of her favorite paintings from home and hung them up.

Some of the staff were not to happy with me about this. All I did is give them one of my "looks", and nothing more was said.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Krapow said:

Yea, i booked the lounge for the 4hour 10 min stopover on the way back.

It was only £30, arrive at 3.20pm, so after a big breakfast where i'm staying, i'll make it worth my while with food, soft drinks, snacks, coffee etc, considering normal airport prices. Think it said i have access for 3 hours, which would suit just right.

Take some tupperware and a flask and you'll be able to pinch some stuff to take out to the missus. 😉

1 minute ago, boydeste said:

Yes, it's Father's day in recognition. 

Technically a dry day too!

I know it used to be when he was still around 👍

I arrived once pre internet on the 5th and wondered what on earth was going on ... but it ended up being one of the drunkest nights I've spent here .. coffee cups etc ,, 555

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Stillearly said:

I know it used to be when he was still around 👍

I arrived once pre internet on the 5th and wondered what on earth was going on ... but it ended up being one of the drunkest nights I've spent here .. coffee cups etc ,, 555

At 9am this morning on the way to breakfast, I spotted several guys drinking large Leo's in a few bars. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Just back from my mate the viking's house. Turns out the bloke in this story https://thepattayanews.com/2023/12/01/norwegian-motorcyclist-drives-into-dangling-cable-and-gets-injured-in-sattahip/ is his brother. He had a 3 year relationship with Mrs Smiler's niece but that is long over and done with. Spent quite a bit of time with him when he first came to the village.

Poor bastard is in a bit of a state - broken collar bone, broken hip, 3 broken ribs and a punctured lung. 

Mrs viking is off down to Pattaya tomorrow to try and make some sense of it all. Seems like the Police are activlly pushing the company responsible for the cable to take care of hospital bills etc. 

• Sad 6

5 hours ago, KWA said:

Take some tupperware and a flask and you'll be able to pinch some stuff to take out to the missus. 😉

:lol: 

She'll be home in Londonistan, just going myself on this one.

But aye, i always take a lunch box full of sandwiches or whatever if leaving early (flight leaving Heathrow is 10.20am), as airports are such a rip off.

The hot meal buffet had me buying lounge access,  big breakfast at hotel, be starving by 3pm.

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I've just been watching this weather news report from UK ..

I immediately thought of Little Miss @Krapow in her cute Arctic survival gear making a fire in the snow from reindeer shit and making a brew for all the poor stranded adults ..

Only a bit of drizzle down here, sadly.

Would need to look like that video before the heat goes on, I've them well trained! 

FB_IMG_1700339927359.jpg

• Haha 3