What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

13 hours ago, Krapow said:

Be doing a bit of that in Lapland next month, snowshoe trekking, cross country skiing, ice fishing, and generally being at one with nature and decluttering my head. 

Ice fishing ?

I doubt @boydeste will be joining you on that one. 

Clear your head and freeze your sack off.       😜

At least no weird insects, poison ivy, snakes, etc. to worry about. But, I can imagine how quiet it could be. Until someone nearby fires up a gas powered auger.

Don't suppose anyone knows if a PCB can be fixed.

I've taken apart a very old ECU from an 90's car (Lancia Delta Integrale - and this id not a very good example of the marque either), the PCB inside the ECU housing has some visible damage. It looks to have been soldered before as well.

40 minutes ago, Butch said:

I've taken apart a very old ECU from an 90's car (Lancia Delta Integrale - and this id not a very good example of the marque either), the PCB inside the ECU housing has some visible damage. It looks to have been soldered before as well.

So... are what you saying.... the part is going to be tough to find ?

And sorry, I have no clue on how to repair such a thing. You may be surprised though with what an experienced "parts" guy can come up with (especially with a little upfront incentive).

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Ice fishing ?

I doubt @boydeste will be joining you on that one. 

Clear your head and freeze your sack off.       😜

At least no weird insects, poison ivy, snakes, etc. to worry about. But, I can imagine how quiet it could be. Until someone nearby fires up a gas powered auger.

Yea, out in the wilderness on a frozen lake, sitting on reindeer hides and a campfire (yes, that's how frozen it is?

They use like a giant corkscrew to make a hole to fish through. Can eat what you catch or put back.

ICE FISHING TRIP

available December 1st – April 30th

One of the best ways to explore Lapland's nature during winter! We are located in remote are with great fishing opportunities for grayling, perch, trout, pike and whitefish.

The trip starts with a ride to a nearby wilderness lake. Our guides are highly passionate about ice fishing and they will share their best tips with you. If we get lucky our chef can prepare a dinner in our restaurant from the day's catch for you (ask separately).

A campfire, hot drinks and snacks will be set up to keep us warm!

Thermal clothing included

9 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

Sounds like it'll be an amazing trip,spending as much time out in nature as possible is definitely a type of physiotherapy as it's where we're meant to be.👍

I certainly find it therapeutic. 

Like diving, calms me, you just concentrate on the present, the nature around you.

Kinda like Mindfulness in a way i suppose. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Yea, out in the wilderness on a frozen lake, sitting on reindeer hides and a campfire (yes, that's how frozen it is?

They use like a giant corkscrew to make a hole to fish through. Can eat what you catch or put back.

ICE FISHING TRIP

available December 1st – April 30th

One of the best ways to explore Lapland's nature during winter! We are located in remote are with great fishing opportunities for grayling, perch, trout, pike and whitefish.

The trip starts with a ride to a nearby wilderness lake. Our guides are highly passionate about ice fishing and they will share their best tips with you. If we get lucky our chef can prepare a dinner in our restaurant from the day's catch for you (ask separately).

A campfire, hot drinks and snacks will be set up to keep us warm!

Thermal clothing included

Nothing like a proper fry up of pan fish (Bluegill, Perch, Crappie).

Pain in the ass to clean though, but it sounds like you may have an available option for that if you catch anything. 

Best of luck to you and enjoy mate.

10 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Nothing like a proper fry up of pan fish (Bluegill, Perch, Crappie).

Pain in the ass to clean though, but it sounds like you may have an available option for that if you catch anything. 

Best of luck to you and enjoy mate.

Caught loads of Perch as a kid in Northern Ireland, but never ate them, only ate the likes of trout or salmon, not what we'd call coarse fish.

Bur when in Rome, and all that ...

3 hours ago, Glasseye said:

So... are what you saying.... the part is going to be tough to find ?

And sorry, I have no clue on how to repair such a thing. You may be surprised though with what an experienced "parts" guy can come up with (especially with a little upfront incentive).

I've spent the last hour cross referencing parts, part numbers and it looks to be unobtainable. Means that I'll need to use a standalone Ignition ECU. It's not my car, I'm just doing a job for the person who owns it.

My next option is to pass by a local electronics shop and see if they can suggest a PCB that can be used, or maybe one they can cross ref using some details of it that i've missed.

I went to the gym earlier, did some bag and pad work, trouble is my arms and hands are now too shakey to start buggering about with it again lol.

10 hours ago, Butch said:

I've spent the last hour cross referencing parts, part numbers and it looks to be unobtainable. Means that I'll need to use a standalone Ignition ECU. It's not my car, I'm just doing a job for the person who owns it.

My next option is to pass by a local electronics shop and see if they can suggest a PCB that can be used, or maybe one they can cross ref using some details of it that i've missed.

I went to the gym earlier, did some bag and pad work, trouble is my arms and hands are now too shakey to start buggering about with it again lol.

I never got into the bag punching thing. Honestly, I don't like it and you can easily twist a hand or arm tenden when doing so (even when in good shape). I do occassionally give the big bag a few palm strikes, and the other day I gave it a good hard elbow blow. Almost knocked the bag off it's chain. Felt good, and I am glad to know I still have that left. I'd hate to be on the wrong end of one of those.

Seriously. Some of those parts guys can do magic, when you find the right guy.

Edited by Glasseye

4 hours ago, Krapow said:

Thinking is this the longest January ever ffs. Blue Monday the mora as well.

Wouldn't have anything to do with me off to Lapland February, Thailand March ...

FB_IMG_1704729092431.jpg

When living in cold weather areas the cold months seem to drag on forever, and for me they were a real drag.

• Great Info 1

On 1/13/2024 at 5:46 AM, Glasseye said:

Keeping a house sitter is a good idea.

I hope you left some snow shoes and shovels behind for them to use.

Welcome back to "Paradise". I hope you brought along a gas mask with you, and many good sweat rags. You'll need em.

Having a house sitter is not a "good idea", it is an absolute necessity in winter climates -  not only for my own peace of mind but for insurance requirements as well. He's well accustomed to clearing snow with his and my gear and doesn't need snow shoes to do it, lol...

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

When living in cold weather areas the cold months seem to drag on forever, and for me they were a real drag.

Amen, and it's not just the cold - it's the dark in deep winter as well if you are far enough north to really be affected by it, as I am...

17 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

Having a house sitter is not a "good idea", it is an absolute necessity in winter climates -  not only for my own peace of mind but for insurance requirements as well. He's well accustomed to clearing snow with his and my gear and doesn't need snow shoes to do it, lol...

Makes sense, you're lucky to have a good resposible one.

Many years ago my GF had a house/dog sitting side job. She did pretty well with it, and was often busy with it, sometimes staying at various houses (some of them very nice). 

We always got a kick out of fcuking our brains out in the master bedroom of each house.    Cheap kicks - lol

• Great Info 1
  • Haha 1

Didn’t make it on television last night, but we still had a great time, Oilers won in overtime. I posted a YouTube short of the winning goal……who knows, maybe it gets more views than some of those Pattaya bloggers? 

Probably most fun I’ve had at an event, first row great view, close game & my team prevailed….

@Yessongs when are you bringing  that pretty wife up my way so we can watch the Sharks? BTW the boos are for McDavid every time he touches the puck, that’s why I’m giggling like a little girl

IMG_0398.jpeg

IMG_0388.jpeg

IMG_0390.jpeg

IMG_0392.jpeg

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

Just had a couple of "Blue Monday" emails from hotel groups I've used before , just changed my hotel for Spain in May and saved almost €300

That’s great, I would hate the thought of you paying full price for accommodation….& being deprived of an extra dessert or cocktail 

• Haha 2

On 1/14/2024 at 5:48 PM, Butch said:

Most old PCB's can be repaired, but the problem comes if they need to be recoded or programmed. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Didn’t make it on television last night, but we still had a great time, Oilers won in overtime. I posted a YouTube short of the winning goal……who knows, maybe it gets more views than some of those Pattaya bloggers? 

Probably most fun I’ve had at an event, first row great view, close game & my team prevailed….

@Yessongs when are you bringing  that pretty wife up my way so we can watch the Sharks? BTW the boos are for McDavid every time he touches the puck, that’s why I’m giggling like a little girl

IMG_0398.jpeg

IMG_0388.jpeg

IMG_0390.jpeg

IMG_0392.jpeg

Is that a pic of Bob and Doug McKenzie ? ^^^

Edited by Glasseye
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Heading out to the Hospital to give blood ( fasting) for my yearly physical...wifey and I do this every year now. Will meet up with our respective Doctors Thursday, and get an assessment. 

I am going to put on my calender for some time next month having blood work done. Then sending the results to my Doc back in the U.S. for review, along with a follow up zoom consult to cover all the "annual" stuff. He knows me better than anyone, we communicate well, and I trust any advice he has given. We are philosophically on the same page regarding health related stuff. 

Medicare will pay for that end of it, and I will pay cash for the blood tests at a certified clinic (i believe under $100). 

B.P. reading today - no meds....

b.p. reading Jan. 16,2024.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3