What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

58 minutes ago, Smiler said:

That works better  👍

What would be the cost of insurance matey and would you buy a wheel lock thingy?

Not got an insurance quote yet, but my last Z800 was in the low 200’s, plus I have a fair amount of NCB .

I have a couple of proper solid chains as unfortunately I have no off road parking or garage currently but my area is pretty good so it’s not an issue.

• Thumbs Up 3

Caught up with all of my recordings, went for a longer walk this afternoon as the sun was out and a lovely day.

Called into the pub for 3 pints of Old Original as my last chance to enjoy for a while.

Dinner cooked and eaten, now enjoying a bottle of red watching the snooker players championship on ITV 4.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 4

3 hours ago, Krapow said:

Change!

Tomorrow gonna be doing snowmobiling in one of these. 

They're huge, big powerful things. Can do up to 120kmph ffs.

@maipenrai will be on telling me the kindergarten kids drive these toys 🤣

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

20240218_152421.jpg

Known of some pretty bad accidents on those things. Sorry to be Mommy like, just saying.

47 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Alan, my Son bought a Ninja last month.....first bike ever. He took all the training classes in the state of Calif, is now " certified" not sure exactly what that means, but has a Motorcycle License in the state of Calif. I am happy for him you know as a Father, always want your kids to have fun in life. Just worried the worst will happen, he now has a 6 month old Daughter and would hate to see anything go wrong you know. 

Ninja400picture2.jpegNinja400Picture1.jpeg

That’s a really nice looking bike. Love the yellow. Looks like the 400 but could be the 650.

I totally get your worries, motorcycles can be risky, but it’s just down to the rider and the idiots on the road. Personally I have really calmed down speed wise, not like I was in my younger days. But bikes will always be in my heart, it’s just something I will never lose the passion for.

• Thumbs Up 5

7 hours ago, richy65 said:

Lovely start to the week. Decent 8 mile run in the bank, furthest since last November.

IMG_2612.png

Since I came out the hospital in January I have been in the gym every day. I do an hour on the treadmill and the screen shows around 450 calories burned. I do brisk walking at 6.0 mph, I do half hour at level incline then half hour at 5.0 incline. Really noticed the difference in my fitness, don’t get out of breath like I did before.

• Like 3
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Since I came out the hospital in January I have been in the gym every day. I do an hour on the treadmill and the screen shows around 450 calories burned. I do brisk walking at 6.0 mph, I do half hour at level incline then half hour at 5.0 incline. Really noticed the difference in my fitness, don’t get out of breath like I did before.

6mph or 6km/hr? I'm fully metric these days apart from pints and eggs. 

6 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Known of some pretty bad accidents on those things. Sorry to be Mommy like, just saying.

Judging by the mostly flat terrain that has been shown in his previous  trip reports, and the size and power of the machines he will be using,  I would say his risk of having a "pretty bad accident" is basically nil - he's not burning up the mountains on a 200hp super sled - yes, you are being "Mommy like", lol...

2 hours ago, galenkia said:

That’s a really nice looking bike. Love the yellow. Looks like the 400 but could be the 650.

I totally get your worries, motorcycles can be risky, but it’s just down to the rider and the idiots on the road. Personally I have really calmed down speed wise, not like I was in my younger days. But bikes will always be in my heart, it’s just something I will never lose the passion for.

To survive on the street you basically have to be paranoid and think that every car driver is out to get you, and you need to pay attention at ALL times because there are some really, really bad car drivers out there who are NOT paying attention; especially cars that are about to turn across your path. It's one reason I used to love ripping things up offroad a lot more - all I had to worry about 99% of the time was just what was in front of me. 

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

Judging by the mostly flat terrain that has been shown in his previous  trip reports, and the size and power of the machines he will be using,  I would say his risk of having a "pretty bad accident" is basically nil - he's not burning up the mountains on a 200hp super sled - yes, you are being "Mommy like", lol...

To survive on the street you basically have to be paranoid and think that every car driver is out to get you, and you need to pay attention at ALL times because there are some really, really bad car drivers out there who are NOT paying attention; especially cars that are about to turn across your path. It's one reason I used to love ripping things up offroad a lot more - all I had to worry about 99% of the time was just what was in front of me. 

Yes. lol

More typical would be a drunk Wisconsin Cheesehead doing 90 through a hilly farmland and encouter a wire fence while playing snow cowboy.

10 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Are you lecturing again 🤣 

Only joking, yea I know. You have to have a full driving licence as a minimum. And I'll have my own guide, going at my own pace, at least at the start. 

20 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Are you lecturing again 🤣 

Only joking, yea I know. You have to have a full driving licence as a minimum. And I'll have my own guide, going at my own pace, at least at the start. 

I figured mate. Have a good time. 

I hope you don't have a moustache because it will becom frozens like an icicle.    

lol

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, fygjam said:

Do you buy a dozen eggs by gram weight?

Got a few strange looks of confusion when I first moved to Thailand and wanted to buy a dozen eggs. Kind of makes sense if you're going to go metric, you go all the way including the quantity of things you sell and buy.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Got a few strange looks of confusion when I first moved to Thailand and wanted to buy a dozen eggs. Kind of makes sense if you're going to go metric, you go all the way including the quantity of things you sell and buy.

Don't worry, we got ya covered.

image.png

1 minute ago, Painter said:

Watching my latest 120b lazada order do its thing....

20240220_162643.jpg

Surprisingly good with the fluff, but gets horribly confused with chair and table legs....

Mind if I borrow it for a day or two? My dogs could use the exercise chasing it around the room. And at 120B it's cheaper than some of the other chew toys I've bought for them. :default_527:

• Haha 3

Watching Windows File Recovery do its thing. I underestimated how many files I accidentally permanently deleted yesterday. More like 3TB's worth. Started the recovery app about 20 hours ago and it's only 2/3 of the way through the files that need to be recovered.

image.png

• Confused 1
  • Surprised 1