What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Just finished the back garden,mowing ,weeding,its theraputic as also a nice day,had to place left foot on heal as to not put weight on the joints,70% healing hopefully back to spain and work next week,then only 3 work weeks till thailand 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

Just finished the back garden,mowing ,weeding,its theraputic as also a nice day,had to place left foot on heal as to not put weight on the joints,70% healing hopefully back to spain and work next week,then only 3 work weeks till thailand 🙂

I will be giving my grass a 2nd trim since being home and pulling up a few weeds this afternoon if it doesn't rain.

Currently overcast and not looking good.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

I will be giving my grass a 2nd trim since being home and pulling up a few weeds this afternoon if it doesn't rain.

Currently overcast and not looking good.

Pull them after it rains, they come out much easier. lol

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

If you want, and if the P.O. allows it, I can swing by on occasion and grab any mail for you. I'll send you a PM with pictures of the unopened mail and you can decide if there's anything important enough to forward on to you. If urgent, I could, with your permission, open and email a scan of the contents to you as well.

Thinking about it, I think it would  be a good idea to give you my key in case I receive a "Are you alive ?" mail...

I'll call you tomorrow..

We are just back from Mukada Khao Noi...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

• Thumbs Up 4

4 hours ago, Nickrock said:

Got talking to a couple of UK guys in the hotel ( bit of shit about meeting in a lift ) they are UK marines I'm totally shit faced spent 5 hours on the turps with them just zigzaged up buakau to my hotel 

I was drinking with a couple of UK Marines in Pattaya in April 1988.Really good blokes.

I was really surprised to see them the night after their supposedly last night - they said they'd worked out that they could catch the next day's flight & just get back to camp in time.Another 24hrs in Pattaya.

If they hadn't done that then they would have been on the flight that was hijacked by Arab terrorists & flown to Iran,Cyprus & Morocco.

Not good for a couple HM Armed Forces.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Surprised 2

Got copied on an e-mail wishing "Tran" who owns a Viet Coffee Shop back home. They were wishing her a Happy Birthday....she replied back to everyone saying she is 34 years old now and owning your own business is alot of work and alot of hours. I will pay her a visit in June....she is cool, as you can see, she gets involved in the day to day operations of her place and takes pics with the girls too. 

https://www.instagram.com/luvcafesj/

IMG 1575.jpgIMG 1432.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 5

Just enjoying my last full day in BKK before I catch the plane home; picked up some last minute laundry, did my advance Customs declaration online, now I will do a "dummy pack" and weigh my bag hoping like hell it'll be within limits. I went for brunch on Sukhomvit near Soi 8 around 12:00PM, was surprised to see rain starting to fall as I exited - just made it back to Nana before the heavens really opened, got a little wet but I would have been a drowned rat if I had been a minute or too later...

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

26 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

Just enjoying my last full day in BKK before I catch the plane home; picked up some last minute laundry, did my advance Customs declaration online, now I will do a "dummy pack" and weigh my bag hoping like hell it'll be within limits. I went for brunch on Sukhomvit near Soi 8 around 12:00PM, was surprised to see rain starting to fall as I exited - just made it back to Nana before the heavens really opened, got a little wet but I would have been a drowned rat if I had been a minute or too later...

Safe travels Gord.

Good luck with the house, etc. 

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, maipenrai said:

Safe travels mate, at least it should of warmed up a bit back home by now!

• Like 1

I've been talking on Whatsapp to my cousin in Gozo,Malta.

Looking to visit him in January,last time we met was at his dad's funeral in 1982 or 3.

He's a good bloke of course,being a fervid Hornet😂.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, galenkia said:

Enjoying 23 degrees on Twickenham Green.

Nice to be able to sit outside in just a shirt.

you might want to put some trousers and pants on though...

• Haha 7

11 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Just finished watching a live view of an impressive northern light show.

I was on nights last night, but it fogged over so I didn't see a damn thing 😞 

All the locals have put pics on FB etc, hoping for the same tonight so I'll take a run out in the car to somewhere there's no light pollution and hopefully, no fog either.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Surprised 1