What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

2 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Just reading up on this latest crazy game that is causing me to make sure my little one isn't affected in any way,

MOMO is causing issue in the UK and other countries and just keeps reminding me there are many sick people out there.

The reason it is concerning me is that there are reports that even Kids Youtube has been caught up in this terrible app.

I have just downloaded Kids Youtube for my little one and then I hear that even this app has been caught up in this challenge/game. Even in peppa Pig, ......

Be careful out there if you have young ones.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/what-is-momo-challenge-whatsapp-13018367

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6750761/Schools-warn-parents-sick-Momo-suicide-game-spliced-YouTube-videos.html

https://educateempowerkids.org/5461-2/

It's a lot a bollocks.

Fake news scaremongering. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Thinkingallowed said:

Also on the night shift but doing very little work.

Thinking what should be iced onto the cake for Saturday.

Almost certain to get a contract for work in Norway on Monday so I'm considering slipping a quick trip to Thailand in.

24/7 Shambles!

*On the cake :default_biggrin:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ivan the terrible said:

well, we share a mutual longing then ..its top notch imo   but it seems you have much more experience than I .

Is is it as consistently as good as it seems ? 

Touch wood as we are going tonight but I have never had a bad or even a mediocre meal there.  If I had to criticise I would say the glass of white wine could be filled a little more.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Just reading up on this latest crazy game that is causing me to make sure my little one isn't affected in any way,

MOMO is causing issue in the UK and other countries and just keeps reminding me there are many sick people out there.

The reason it is concerning me is that there are reports that even Kids Youtube has been caught up in this terrible app.

I have just downloaded Kids Youtube for my little one and then I hear that even this app has been caught up in this challenge/game. Even in peppa Pig, ......

Be careful out there if you have young ones.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/what-is-momo-challenge-whatsapp-13018367

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6750761/Schools-warn-parents-sick-Momo-suicide-game-spliced-YouTube-videos.html

https://educateempowerkids.org/5461-2/

On the news this morning, many platforms, including YouTube and TV Channels are calling this fake!

Reports as of this morning are saying that no child has ever been affected by this MOMO image, it’s the adults that have stirred up this frenzy of reporting over the last few weeks. 

Had head of Mums Net on BBC TV this morning, saying this is basically all down to one or two parents spreading this on the internet and it’s gone viral and of course the papers have done the usual and compounded the problems by printing scare stories. 

Who to believe? I, as a parent, don’t believe in what the papers have printed. 

Having a general tidy up of my place in Newbury in preparation for this contract that will turn up on Monday, have already emailed my intention to leave this accommodation at the end of the month. Amazed at how much crap I've collected and trying to decide if it belongs in the bin or taken to my house in Manchester.

So far I've found three packs of cigarettes, in the strangest of places. Given that it is approximately four months since I quit they were obviously well hidden when drunk.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

On the news this morning, many platforms, including YouTube and TV Channels are calling this fake!

Reports as of this morning are saying that no child has ever been affected by this MOMO image, it’s the adults that have stirred up this frenzy of reporting over the last few weeks. 

Had head of Mums Net on BBC TV this morning, saying this is basically all down to one or two parents spreading this on the internet and it’s gone viral and of course the papers have done the usual and compounded the problems by printing scare stories. 

Who to believe? I, as a parent, don’t believe in what the papers have printed. 

Just emphasizes the need to just keep an eye on the little ones. 

True or fake there is enough shite on the net created and forwarded by sick individuals in this day and age to keep many of us vigilant.

Self harm has been around for many years but is also a very sad indictment of modern pressures, children just seem to be touched by many things around them that maybe we were not party to when we were young so just keeping loose tabs on them and their social media involvement is something to be considered.

My daughter does not have her own phone or Pad and is limited in what she sees when using her mum's phone but I take any scare seriously, fake or not, i don't want to shackle my child, that may lessen their need to have creative and valuable experiences but I won't lose sight of my responsibilities as a father to keep in touch with my child's activities.

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, Thinkingallowed said:

Having a general tidy up of my place in Newbury in preparation for this contract that will turn up on Monday, have already emailed my intention to leave this accommodation at the end of the month. Amazed at how much crap I've collected and trying to decide if it belongs in the bin or taken to my house in Manchester.

So far I've found three packs of cigarettes, in the strangest of places. Given that it is approximately four months since I quit they were obviously well hidden when drunk.

can i have em ...lol

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Just emphasizes the need to just keep an eye on the little ones. 

True or fake there is enough shite on the net created and forwarded by sick individuals in this day and age to keep many of us vigilant.

Self harm has been around for many years but is also a very sad indictment of modern pressures, children just seem to be touched by many things around them that maybe we were not party to when we were young so just keeping loose tabs on them and their social media involvement is something to be considered.

My daughter does not have her own phone or Pad and is limited in what she sees when using her mum's phone but I take any scare seriously, fake or not, i don't want to shackle my child, that may lessen their need to have creative and valuable experiences but I won't lose sight of my responsibilities as a father to keep in touch with my child's activities.

Yes Horizondave, I agree, that’s why our son is severely restricted on what he can watch on the web. He can’t load and games that I have not OK’d as we have a strong password on his iPad and he doesn’t complain. Also, he can’t use his iPad in a separate room from us. I know parents who have given their children iPads and iPhones that aren’t locked, or have no content restrictions placed on them! God knows what they’re looking at.

So different from our day, when all this shit wasn’t there to see. 🤔

• Thumbs Up 1