What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Drinking with Thai people that just like me like having a drink.

The missus is trying too tell me they drink too much. I just see a group of people that work hard and like a drink when time permits. My wife is muttering something about alcoholism and not sure if it is them or me she is referring to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

The missus is trying to tell me me they drink too much. I just see a group of people that work hard and like a drink when time permits. My wife is muttering something about alcoholism and not sure if it is them or me she is referring to.

Sounds like life up in our village. Apart from toddlers and the very old the place is pretty deserted during the day. But as the sun drops plenty of hard workers willing to share whatever is going around.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

The missus is trying too tell me they drink too much. I just see a group of people that work hard and like a drink when time permits. My wife is muttering something about alcoholism and not sure if it is them or me she is referring to.

Considering the hard life many Thai's have to live you can't blame them for liking a drink to unwind to.

I have a pretty easy life compared to them and am an alcoholic.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

Wishing I had a slingshot so I could silence a couple of these roosters.

Hahaha.... in the Java jungle, by the time the roosters wake up, my friend Mohamed has woken me up since long already....

Although I noted that I manage to sleep through it more and more....

• Thumbs Up 1

Just sent some money to Thailand via World Remit, sent now as thought might go much lower if the vote goes awry tomorrow. Will be taking cash with me on Friday for my trip but just thought I would send some ahead.

Pound is pretty low presently, analysts believe pound may strengthen by 5% if she wins the vote.

6 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Just sent some money to Thailand via World Remit, sent now as thought might go much lower if the vote goes awry tomorrow. Will be taking cash with me on Friday for my trip but just thought I would send some ahead.

Pound is pretty low presently, analysts believe pound may strengthen by 5% if she wins the vote.

She won’t I’m afraid.....

I have always tried to stay out of money matters relating to the wife's family. I look after the wife and have made it perfectly clear that it is only her money to be given to the family after she has met all her own financial committents. She gives my $400 a week to help pay of the mortgage on our investment property. After that I wish she would save a bit but doesn't happen.

Any talk of money at the village and I walk away. However apparently the latest topic has been raised that I have never given her mum any money which I don't believe to be correct. Anyway the missus has just given me $1000 of her money to hand to the old girl before we leave today. Not sure if I am going to play this game as I don't won't to be seen as being a money donor. It is the wife's money and she can give it to her mum but I don't want to be involved.

Maybe I think too much.

• Thumbs Up 1