What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

10 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

No walk for me today!

My daughter is coming down from Bangkok today for the week so I've been doing little jobs around the house. I've hosed down the outside cooker and cooking area, cleaned frying pans and saucepans etc...tightened handles on them where required, cleaned the toilet, mopped floors etc..........OK, it is not up to "room inspection" standard but it'll do !!!

PBG later ..... or maybe even Treetown. Hopefully a vlogger will call her a prostitute so that she can get a couple of thousand baht like the other girl did on WS a few months ago!!

I'd be a basket case, and would probably end up in the clinker.

• Great Info 1

43 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

The neighbours have just been raided by the BIB for gambling.... I was inside my room at the time but was told that it was all done politely..no handcuffs or zip ties...just posing for photos. Court tomorrow 1,500 Baht fine then back home to start again where they left off..

Not that I’m advocating gambling but that’s hardly a deterrent- is that the norm ?

• Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

The neighbours have just been raided by the BIB for gambling.... I was inside my room at the time but was told that it was all done politely..no handcuffs or zip ties...just posing for photos. Court tomorrow 1,500 Baht fine then back home to start again where they left off..

any pointing in the pictures ... ? 

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

A couple of years ago the neighbour’s house got raided for card playing. The missus was there and they paid 500 baht each for the police to leave and they kept playing cards.

Probably 25 years ago the missus got caught playing cards in Bangkok and got fined. Every time we need a Thailand police clearance letter it always says she was charged with gambling. Neither the UK or Australia care about a gambling charge.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Just saw an advert for a prize on ITV and the bonus was a Fiat 500 automatic worth £31000. Seriously, I wouldn't pay £5000 for it, one of the worst drives of my life back in the day. I am shocked at the price!

I’ve always been a massive fan of Fiat cars and in my teens and twenties I owned loads - £31k for a 500 is steep though !

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, thegrogmonster said:

A couple of years ago the neighbour’s house got raided for card playing. The missus was there and they paid 500 baht each for the police to leave and they kept playing cards.

Exactly! 

But this time they were told that the big boss said that they had to go to court with no option of paying tea money...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Surprised 1

The Thai police are a bit crazy. 

I've been sat around the usual concrete table and chairs playing pontoon with a few. ( they are mates of my father in law). A few baht was played for. But what came next made me smile. 

Was offered cannabis and then an inspection of their firearms!!!! 

Love Don Mueang. 

• Haha 5

22 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

The Thai police are a bit crazy. 

I've been sat around the usual concrete table and chairs playing pontoon with a few. ( they are mates of my father in law). A few baht was played for. But what came next made me smile. 

Was offered cannabis and then an inspection of their firearms!!!! 

Love Don Mueang. 

Revolver bong? 😜

revolver-bong.jpg

One and a half hour walk today.

It was only supposed to be a quick walk to Big C and back but I got there too early because it opens at 9am not 8am so decided to head up Pattaya Tai. I got to the ATMs at So Kopai, put my card in, then there was a power cut. Luckily it spewed out my card. I turned in to Soi Bonkot to head for Fever and noticed that they were disconnecting the transformer so I thought fuckit and went back to Big C for basic shopping.

I got home, told my daughter my woes so she cooked me an egg and bacon sandwich served with a tumbler of Mont Clair. She has just finished cutting my toenails and massaging my ankles...

She is now heading off to buy me some Tapper because she saw my fridge was empty of beer...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I got home, told my daughter my woes so she cooked me an egg and bacon sandwich served with a tumbler of Mont Clair. She has just finished cutting my toenails and massaging my ankles...

She is now heading off to buy me some Tapper because she saw my fridge was empty of beer...

She sounds like a top gal !!!

Edited by SteveBC
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, AJSP said:

Not that I’m advocating gambling but that’s hardly a deterrent- is that the norm ?

11 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

They are back home now. Fined 3,200 Baht each .....and they are back in the same house gambling again !!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, AJSP said:

I’ve always been a massive fan of Fiat cars and in my teens and twenties I owned loads - £31k for a 500 is steep though !

I bought a 1995 14 months old Fiat Punto. Great car, totally reliable and really roomy inside. Sold it when I spent 11 months in Thailand in 2001.