Pattaya eccentrics - A thing of the past?.

Butch

7 hours ago, Butch said:

We've all seen them, maybe even met or had a chat with them, but this trip I saw nada, zero, none. (I'm not including the sadder cases of those who've psychosis induced issues due to alcoholic abuse or drug abuse over an extended period of time - these people have hopefully received the care they need).

Last year I saw a bloke in Trench Town wearing a kilt, along with fishnet stockings , the following night he was in a multicoloured katftan. Introduced himself as "Steve" and was a great laugh and very nice guy indeed, very articulate and intelligent.

This trip though, no one at all. I saw some vloggers (cunts) noteably that "vlogging a dead horse" twat who almost managed to get himself a good hiding from a bloke in Time Bar on LKM, but it was quickly de escalated.

I even missed bm @Nightcrawler sporting his safari suit , cravat and cigarette holder.

I noticed the pace of things is much faster now. Treetown seems to be very transient in its customer base, guys sit, have a beer then move on. Very little "intimacy" as well - not in the literal sense of the word , but perhaps the open design of the entire place doesn't lend itself to that, the girls don't seem to want to go beyond the normal interrogation routine,  it's like they get a drink and then the conversation stalls.

Not wanting all BM's to munch on a nostalgia sandwich, but this trip there were a handful of bars where I was made to feel welcome, and numerous bars where I was made to feel like just another faceless farang.

Nightcrawler told us in the mods room that refused to return his crotchless lederhosen 

To be quite frank I wouldn't want them after you too perverts had had your way

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Nickrock said:

Nightcrawler told us in the mods room that refused to return his crotchless lederhosen 

To be quite frank I wouldn't want them after you too perverts had had your way

Not very long ago you fellas tuned me in to what a lederhosen is. I have been highly aroused ever since. 

🥴

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Although I put a laughing emoji, Steve with a kilt and fishnets wtf 555,I agree with your whole sentiment,used to be a lot of eccentric characters years ago,not all good.

I didn't think much of treetown when visiting last year either,getting more like a Spanish resort town with stag party's ect every year.

• Thumbs Up 1

Most of the Pattaya eccentrics use to hang out at the beach a lot....But they sucked the life out of the beach by cutting down all the trees and now the beach is a hot unpleasant place till after sunset.....

The eccentrics or hardly any one else for that matter do not hang out at the beach any more ....After the sun has set I see a bit more people there..

• Like 2

On 4/17/2024 at 5:03 AM, SteveBC said:

One of the more colorful characters often see on the Soi's of Pattaya in the past....

Photo0095.jpg

Always liked seeing Glitterman, one of the great Pattaya characters.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

Oh, there's still plenty of weirdos around - my favourite, whom I have never had a chance to capture with camera, is the wild-looking character with the ponytail sticking straight out of the back of his otherwise-shaven head who is always charging around on the four-wheeled ATV - apparently he is a disabled German who can't walk, hence the 4-wheeler.

And of course there are the tattoo-over doers, the guys who seem to have every inch of their bodies covered with some sort of symbol or other; it's like looking at a page torn from a child's comic book. 

Not in the same class as Glitterman, but there was the guy that would ride around Pattaya with his brightly colored macaw perched on the back. Often time you'd see him on the beach or at Central looking for tourists that would pay a few baht to have their picture taken with the bird.

He had the room across from me when I lived at Nirun. Found him to be a nice guy.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Not in the same class as Glitterman, but there was the guy that would ride around Pattaya with his brightly colored macaw perched on the back. Often time you'd see him on the beach or at Central looking for tourists that would pay a few baht to have their picture taken with the bird.

He had the room across from me when I lived at Nirun. Found him to be a nice guy.

Yer, I spoke to him a few times, seemed like a decent guy.

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 1

The definition of eccentric is "unconventional and slightly strange."

Is that not how the general public as a whole view (at the very least) all expats? 😄

As for solo regular male visitors to Thailand? They think we are all having sex with Thai females half our age.

I wish 🤣

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Jambo said:

The definition of eccentric is "unconventional and slightly strange."

Is that not how the general public as a whole view (at the very least) all expats? 😄

As for solo regular male visitors to Thailand? They think we are all having sex with Thai females half our age.

I wish 🤣

Half???

:default_527:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

Yeah I would see him outside Central Festival on a regular basis.

16 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Mushroom spaghetti bolognaise, potato with whole grain mustard and some vegetables.

IMG_0203.jpeg

Spaghetti with Potatoes?

That would be illegal in Italy.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, galenkia said:

Mushroom spaghetti bolognaise, potato with whole grain mustard and some vegetables.

IMG_0203.jpeg

2 hours ago, Mrmango said:

Spaghetti with Potatoes?

That would be illegal in Italy.

26 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

That actually looks quite good to me.

It's certainly eccentric! 

• Haha 3

How about the " 3 stacked" Secrets pancakes in the morning after a "bender" from the night before? Sept 2017 picture.

....Just a side note, still to this day, when I stayed at Secrets, the Lasagna that chef made, was outstanding. Never forgot how good that was. 

IMG_9641.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, Yessongs said:

How about the " 3 stacked" Secrets pancakes in the morning after a "bender" from the night before? Sept 2017 picture.

....Just a side note, still to this day, when I stayed at Secrets, the Lasagna that chef made, was outstanding. Never forgot how good that was. 

IMG_9641.JPG

One of the best Lasagne I have had in Thailand was in Secrets. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2