Football

Thinkingallowed

23 minutes ago, mrcharliemofo said:

And my lot Forest do their usual and grab 7th from 5th place and miss out on the play off's yet again after being in the top 6 for most of the season :default_cigar:

Nightmare for all forest fans. 0ne of the most consistent teams before the lockdown. Goal difference? 

9 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Nightmare for all forest fans. 0ne of the most consistent teams before the lockdown. Goal difference? 

Yep, I think we were +5 or 6 on Swansea before last night and finished 1 behind ? Over 200 days in the play off places and then this.....

Forest 1-4 Stoke

Reading 1-4 Swansea

12 hours ago, galenkia said:

Good result for us considering our recent form. 

Even if we had won Brentford and Foolham f***d up. 

Yes Brentford don't drop a point for umpteen games and then when it is in their own hands they get 0 points from 6.

Still I quite like the play off teams. As I am half Welsh, born in Fulham and lived in Hounslow which includes Brentford I am happy with any one of them being promoted. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Cracking game last night Liverpool 5 Chelsea 3.

Yep some cracking goals, Naby Keitas was my favourite, nearly bust the net. That Pulisic is mustard.

Edited by Binlid
  • Like 1

Thought that game was great ............rang my Scouser mate when 5th went in .........not a clue what I said???

So happy for Liverpool fantastic city love the place. 

Chelski fought hard and Fat Frankie (he hates that name) is building a decent team. 

Anyone else think we have the best youngsters in the world just now and could win the World Cup??

If Virgil Van Dijk was English ......... Stones has not developed and Maguire is average ........... our Declan Rice is awesome but not a centre half. 

Thoughts gentlefolk ???

5 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Thought that game was great ............rang my Scouser mate when 5th went in .........not a clue what I said???

So happy for Liverpool fantastic city love the place. 

Chelski fought hard and Fat Frankie (he hates that name) is building a decent team. 

Anyone else think we have the best youngsters in the world just now and could win the World Cup??

If Virgil Van Dijk was English ......... Stones has not developed and Maguire is average ........... our Declan Rice is awesome but not a centre half. 

Thoughts gentlefolk ???

We have some very talented young forwards but as you alluded to central defence looks a bit shaky & I don't have too much faith in our keeper.

13 hours ago, coxyhog said:

We have some very talented young forwards but as you alluded to central defence looks a bit shaky & I don't have too much faith in our keeper.

England's biggest problem remains the management. Southgate has done well, but he was flattered by the easiest passage to a WC semi-final one could have asked for, don't think he's got it in him to win a trophy. 

Great quote in The Sun today, by Mark Irwin. The piece is about Premier Clubs that are lumbered with "costly flops".

Obviously Ozil comes up, Irwin's quote being "Prince Andrew has probably sweated more than the former German superstar, who is doing his minimum to fulfil his contractual obligations. Virtually every penny which Arsenal made from the Europa League this season will go into Ozil's pockets".

Made me laugh with the first part but the 2nd sentence is mind boggling.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Britboy said:

Great quote in The Sun today, by Mark Irwin. The piece is about Premier Clubs that are lumbered with "costly flops".

Obviously Ozil comes up, Irwin's quote being "Prince Andrew has probably sweated more than the former German superstar, who is doing his minimum to fulfil his contractual obligations. Virtually every penny which Arsenal made from the Europa League this season will go into Ozil's pockets".

Ozil is loathed by every Gooner I know. Makes the late Marty Feldman look handsome.

Mind you also read an article today on 'Wales Golf Madrid' twat Gareth Bale. He is doing the same sitting out the next two years on stupid money ........ 

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Britboy said:

Ozil is one of the biggest flops in PL history.

We have been lumbered with the useless Joelinton, cost us 40m, but we will struggle to get half that back for him.

13 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

As expected Watford in the Championship next season,the 2-3 loss to the Arse really summed up the season,ridiculous defending & missed chances.

Commiserations coxy. 

If you can keep hold of a manager and most of the current squad then you'll be up there amongst the favourites for promotion. 

Whilst the Championship is entertaining its lacking in quality. 

15 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Commiserations coxy. 

If you can keep hold of a manager and most of the current squad then you'll be up there amongst the favourites for promotion. 

Looks like Deeney is of 

15 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Commiserations coxy. 

We need a good clear out,especially in defence where we desperately need new blood in all positions.We've got a few midfield/forward players who have been doing well out on loan to European clubs so it'd be good if we can get them back.Plus a few expensive passengers in the same departments it'd be good to be rid of.

Troy Deeney could do a job for us in the Championship if he can get his knee fixed.

24 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

We need a good clear out,especially in defence where we desperately need new blood in all positions.We've got a few midfield/forward players who have been doing well out on loan to European clubs so it'd be good if we can get them back.Plus a few expensive passengers in the same departments it'd be good to be rid of.

Troy Deeney could do a job for us in the Championship if he can get his knee fixed.

Pretty sure Deeney is going . Doucoure & Sarr look mustard . 

Sarr is a future star for sure,not so sure about Doucoure.Only 2-3 years ago he was bigging himself up about Champions League clubs wanting him.He was our leading scorer not so long ago now he hardly ever has a shot let alone on target & gives the ball away far to often.