Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

6 hours ago, Jambo said:

Well there are always some bars that take a chance such as ALL the bars in my mates Condo complex have been doing.

Legally you currently need the correct licence to open and sell alcohol along side food and most bars and GoGo's do not so it is a brave or foolish "mainstream" venue that opens up and openly sells alcohol before the Government permits that to happen.

Tourism has not restarted; social distancing is required; no girls and just enough expats on the piss to make retox busy. The vast majority of bars and gogo's will not reopen until the tourists return. Then the problem will be that the first batch will find the "new normal" so piss poor that they will vow not to return. Better for all concerned to wait for "high season" at the end of the year before opening up again.

Your assuming that the Corona bug is on the way out, in which case what you wrote would make sense...

I would guess August? September-November the bars might be open.......BUT BUT with all the flight restrictions and quarantine bull shit I doubt to tourist will be back even if the bars open....And next December-January it will be Covid full lockdown time again....you can bet on this....

So about the soonest I see any hope for the bars will be in late 2021 or 2022 when the tourist can maybe return ......The tourist are NEVER COMING BACK until they get rid of long long list of Covid restrictions.....Its either Tourism or quarantines, not both.... 

Edited by fforest
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, fforest said:

Your assuming that the Corona bug is on the way out, in which case what you wrote would make sense...

I would guess August? September-November the bars might be open.......BUT BUT with all the flight restrictions and quarantine bull shit I doubt to tourist will be back even if the bars open....And next December-January it will be Covid full lockdown time again....you can bet on this....

So about the soonest I see any hope for the bars will be in late 2021 or 2022 when the tourist can maybe return ......The tourist are NEVER COMING BACK until they get rid of long long list of Covid restrictions.....Its either Tourism or quarantines, not both.... 

Cheerful ...images-1.jpeg

images.jpeg

5 hours ago, fforest said:

sadly, very sadly, i agree with a lot of this.  we are seeing interest, finally, in advertising again, which is my revenue.  most i talk to DO want to target the expat market seriously.  as they know the return of tourism is going to be a long haul.  no flicking of a switch.  with the chinks now seeing a revival of covid, they are pretty much off the list for a long while unless someone comes up with a miracle drug soon.  my worry too is that this will all come back again next winter, from november onward, in other countries and hopefully not here but if it hits here too next time.  wow.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tommy dee said:

I would guess August? September-November the bars might be open

I am guessing before this but if you are infact correct and GoGos and bars are not allowed to open till October or November then It will truly be suicide no question about it. 

8 hours ago, fforest said:

I think you and I are basically singing from the same hymn sheet as I agree totally that tourists will not return until the (main) Covid restrictions are lifted starting with the most basic being unrestricted flights.

With so many countries depending upon tourism there will be continued pressure to allow that to happen world wide. Already we see traditional European holiday destinations such as France and Spain opening up.

I am sure that bars and GoGo's will open up sometime this year as will tourism to some degree but whether punters will be prepared for the (then) "new normal" covid impositions for entertainment venues remains to be seen. My concern is that the first batches of "western" pussy hounds to Pattaya will be so aghast at what they find as the "new normal" you can forget about 2021 completely.

There are going to be quite a number of "Under New Ownership/Management" venues reopening but just whether that will be this year or even the next remains to be seen.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Blue Streak said:

We'll start off at the ''Marquee Bar'' on Soi Buakhao and go south....

005.JPG

I thought The Marquee would be open and popular as it's more a bar but does grub too.  However, it has a seating area for food to the rear which most folk won't even recall and can't be seen from Soi Buakhao.  That rear area was open on Monday afternoon and they almost begged me to come in as I'm pretty sure they'd had no customers since they opened.  With the current layout I can't see it making a go of things and hope they "risk" opening the bar for food too.

I was also surprised none of the R Con bars opened.

Edited by KWA

5 hours ago, KWA said:

I thought The Marquee would be open and popular as it's more a bar but does grub too.  However, it has a seating area for food to the rear which most folk won't even recall and can't be seen from Soi Buakhao.  That rear area was open on Monday afternoon and they almost begged me to come in as I'm pretty sure they'd had no customers since they opened.  With the current layout I can't see it making a go of things and hope they "risk" opening the bar for food too.

I was also surprised none of the R Con bars opened.

I've been reading quite a lot of business owners saying they won't be open until the ban on tourists is lifted, it will cost them more financially. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, monkeyman said:

Knowing that a holiday in Thailand anytime soon will almost certainly be the worst one they've ever had, why would anyone even bother? 

I have been toying with the idea of booking a flight there for November. I am fairly confident tourists will be allowed back in then, but the thought of any 'social distancing' requirements puts me right off.

36 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Because most guys are still under the illusion that pussy is still cheap here ....

It still is in the most part.

2k baht long time is a fraction of what it would cost in the UK/USA or Europe for female accompaniment.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

It still is in the most part.

2k baht long time is a fraction of what it would cost in the UK/USA or Europe for female accompaniment.

Well with the Covid discount 1K LT is not a problem...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Skalliwag said:

The Golf Club been sold.

New owner takes over July 1st.

Should be a good thing.Lots of experience,so will be fine.

I ate there in Feb before COVID and already overheard a conversation about the place being for sale. 

1 minute ago, Esco said:

I ate there in Feb before COVID and already overheard a conversation about the place being for sale. 

Was interested people around since Stevie died,but no. One could get a deal done.

Shane Ruddle has stepped up.It will be fine.

Everyone staying on,so food should stay as good.👍

2 hours ago, monkeyman said:

Knowing that a holiday in Thailand anytime soon will almost certainly be the worst one they've ever had, why would anyone even bother? 

I suppose some think that as long as pussy and beer are available then it is well worth it, may even see some of that pussy nearer their budget.

I would not even think of going because the need for the above is no longer my priority, I can get better beer in most countries in the world and pussy is something that used to be major reason but now is well down the list.

When it is safe for my family to go to a country that offers me ease of access, good transport systems, welcoming hotels with family facilities then that could see me get on a plane, just think Thailand won't be offering me that together with peace and safety for a while yet.

43 minutes ago, fforest said:

Well with the Covid discount 1K LT is not a problem...

It should be 1k LT all year round. No way should a thai brass be earning more than many professional thais. It's not the girls to blame, weak pathetic cuck westerners. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

It should be 1k LT all year round. No way should a thai brass be earning more than many professional thais. It's not the girls to blame, weak pathetic cuck westerners. 

Or Gabor's Asian cretin LDOPs.    :default_1106:

Edited by monkeyman
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/16/2020 at 6:13 PM, fforest said:

2021 or 2022, If its that long they'll be no bars left to go to & possibly a civil war going on but that is only IMO.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

I have been toying with the idea of booking a flight there for November. I am fairly confident tourists will be allowed back in then, but the thought of any 'social distancing' requirements puts me right off.

Totally agree, until ALL restrictions are lifted I have no intention of going & think most people will be of the same opinion.

• Like 1

Here's a perspective of the situation:

Many guys, myself included have forgone this years trip and as a result have saved the thick end of 3 grand upwards., plus or minus, but let us not argue over semantics.

That's not the point though, what is the point is that many guys would prefer to keep the money fluid in the uncertainty we have in the private sector of the UK at the moment. I've said it before, the money I've saved by not going to LOS has effectively given me a cushion of 2 months, maybe 3 of I'm very careful should everything go south. That , for some guys could be the difference between being homeless and being solvent. Yes, my wife earns good money and can do "private" work if it all goes tits up but as always everything is based upon worst case scenarios.

Factor in also, the uncertainty of the restrictions being placed upon visitors.

Ok, let us say that joe shmoe arrived in LO, gets the tracking app ,then gets a dose of the Pattaya Flu 3 days into his holiday. The Hotel which temp scans him daily then reports it, he gets a visit and while not being Covid + does give the symptoms which are almost identical, bit TIT so it doesn't matter , his holiday is now f***d and he might well be, like if he was in Cambodia (and I expect Thailand to follow suit) several grand out of pocket because he needs to meet his own quarantine bill, treatment and re arrange his flight home. But Joe Schmoe didn't have Covid+ insurance because it was prohibitively expensive.

Joe now has a problem. A problem which can be avoided by avoiding Thailand until it gets back to normal.

The higher echelons of Thai society have always looked upon the farang with disdain. It's entirely our own fault, the behaviour of some farangs wouldn't exactly endear them to us. They want rid of us, but , like many unconsidered actions, have not fully realised the consequences. They wished us gone, but were not too worried because they felt the Yuan would take up the slack. It has done so , to a point, the Chinese investment into LOS vastly outstrips the tourist £$ EU AUD, but now everything has stopped, some of the people in the higher echelons of Thai society are feeling a very harsh reality biting down.

As the old saying goes:

Be careful what you wish for.

• Like 3
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1