Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

8 hours ago, eyes4thais said:

The main advantage of the two beer policy for the bar is that in a group after two beers, every one will be drinking at different stages. some will have drunk both beer and other will just starting the second.  So instead of leaving and going to another bar, more beers will be ordered.  I mostly go to Kilkenny as the beer cheaper it's not so noisy and better pool table. Also you can see the totty better!

Good point but most bars I go to involve buying one drink and I am still lagging behind those in my group.

When in town I find myself involved in many drinking sessions at the Rockhouse. I am one of the slowest drinkers and I usually opt out of one or two of the drinks rounds bought by others over the night although I usually find another beer sitting there before I have finished my present one.

I suppose if on a budget and drinking slowly some should opt to sit away from those sessions but over the years you spot the guys who sit in on every round until it is their turn but make some feeble excuse to leave. Alex is very good at keeping the rounds going and those sessions are presently missed.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Raffer said:

Fair comments like. I just dont want to be tied to the place or waste money.  I was always assured you had to have two.

Interesting as I would suspect many have therefore paid for two even if they only drank one and not knowing they were overcharged.

Needs somebody to check that out.

2 hours ago, Bazle said:

I found you had to have the second or none at all, and it had to be exactly the same as the first. They wouldn't even give you a bottle of water rather than another beer. 

Reminds me of when Hooters on Beach Road had their all you can eat wings for 699 I went with a group of guys and we ate a lot of wings I had 30 wings and I told the waitress I want just five more she said I'm sorry sir we have to give them to you in groups of 10 I told her I will just throw the other five away she said that's okay sir many people do that how fucking stupid was that. But it was very nice that you could get different flavors and different types of each time you didn't have to stick with one particular type of wing

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Raffer said:

Either way I chose to go to somewhere else close by. The band were bloody awful as well.  

If beer price is important to you, places like Cafe Racer nearby do beers one at a time very cheaply. Something like 50 to 60b for a bottle from memory.

Edited by boydeste

9 minutes ago, boydeste said:

If beer price is important to you, places like Cafe Racer nearby do beers one at a time very cheaply. Something like 50 to 60b for a bottle from memory.

It isnt. Queueing them up is. Let me elucidate. I like to buy a beer and move on when I've finished it, and not having paid for what I wont drink only to go on and drink somewhere else leaving un-drunk drinks in my wake.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Was just told the Taco House on the dark side is closed and the building is an empty shell. 

Cr*p.  The last Mex place I could reach easily.  I guess the road work did them in.

16 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Unless they've changed, you can order just one at Billabong. Triangle on the other hand doesn't allow you to order just one. They'll let you take the 2nd one unopened, but that's a bit of a problem for me as I drink SangSom sodas.

Pre-pandemic sign at Billabong
IMG_20190728_195316.jpg.51e7798c909ede5c1c3a6e76aef57567.jpg

I'm not sure I follow you here as I have spent many an afternoon drinking Sangsom in the Triangle and being entertained by the antics of the massage girls across the road; I pay for two and get the first one and when I am ready for the next one I signal them and they bring it - I am not given both drinks at once but the chit shows the charge for two. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, boydeste said:

That might explain why in so many pics posted by Blue Streak or whoever, when wandering around LK, does Cafe Racer have a decent crowd of customers while surrounding bars might have a fraction of that. I have nothing against the price policy of the Triangle or Billibong, it works for them. But when you go in knowing that you will be expected to pay for two drinks when you might only want one then move on, by doing the pay as you go route one at a time, that gives the customer the advantage of not feeling tied down in sticking around for another round if he doesn't want to.

But if out with a friend or two and order up one, if the service is good, the music, sights, etc...then in most cases I think, that 2nd round of drinks will be ordered. But it's the customer prerogative in doing so.

With that being said, that drink menu that shows a gin/tonic at 130 baht for 2, I very much like that. 65 baht per....works out to a bit over $2 USD a drink. Great value, even if it's a house pour.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mr. Smooth said:

That might explain why in so many pics posted by Blue Streak or whoever, when wandering around LK, does Cafe Racer have a decent crowd of customers while surrounding bars might have a fraction of that. I have nothing against the price policy of the Triangle or Billibong, it works for them. But when you go in knowing that you will be expected to pay for two drinks when you might only want one then move on, by doing the pay as you go route one at a time, that gives the customer the advantage of not feeling tied down in sticking around for another round if he doesn't want to.

But if out with a friend or two and order up one, if the service is good, the music, sights, etc...then in most cases I think, that 2nd round of drinks will be ordered. But it's the customer prerogative in doing so.

With that being said, that drink menu that shows a gin/tonic at 130 baht for 2, I very much like that. 65 baht per....works out to a bit over $2 USD a drink. Great value, even if it's a house pour.

I think the fact that they have been two of the most popular bars over the years speaks for itself. Plus they are both of a size that can accommodate a fair few customers too!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, maipenrai said:

I'm not sure I follow you here as I have spent many an afternoon drinking Sangsom in the Triangle and being entertained by the antics of the massage girls across the road; I pay for two and get the first one and when I am ready for the next one I signal them and they bring it - I am not given both drinks at once but the chit shows the charge for two. 

My post was an attempt at a joke that when it was time for my 2nd drink, I could tell them to bring it to me unopened. Not a very practical solution when drinking mixed drinks.

On 3/27/2021 at 4:29 PM, Yesitisdakid said:

Was just told the Taco House on the dark side is closed and the building is an empty shell. 

Their google maps location and facebook page (which I can only partially see because I don't have an account) seem to indicate they're still in business.  They normally close on Monday, so maybe I'll call their number Tuesday.

9 hours ago, tko said:

Their google maps location and facebook page (which I can only partially see because I don't have an account) seem to indicate they're still in business.  They normally close on Monday, so maybe I'll call their number Tuesday.

The place was empty maybe they're doing a refit I hope they don't close

On 3/27/2021 at 9:40 AM, Horizondave said:

Good point but most bars I go to involve buying one drink and I am still lagging behind those in my group.

When in town I find myself involved in many drinking sessions at the Rockhouse. I am one of the slowest drinkers and I usually opt out of one or two of the drinks rounds bought by others over the night although I usually find another beer sitting there before I have finished my present one.

I suppose if on a budget and drinking slowly some should opt to sit away from those sessions but over the years you spot the guys who sit in on every round until it is their turn but make some feeble excuse to leave. Alex is very good at keeping the rounds going and those sessions are presently missed.

Yes I stayed at the rock house about 8yrs ago and joined  in on one of the sessions. The drinking was far to pacey for me. if you live in Pattaya and happy to waste a night just drinking in same place, then I can see the attraction. But at that time I only came for 1 month, and wanted to get around and see other places. The fun was move around and take a different girl every night. Sometimes it takes me 9hrs to find the right girl 55555  

• Thumbs Up 2