Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

8 hours ago, Steelers4Life said:

Just signed in over there for the first time since the "transformation". Now out of the f'ing blue I am getting a sh*t load of spam ads popping up on my screen which I never get (ever). Time to cut ties and let that boat drift off. No need for it IMO after a quick look see anyway. 

Couldn't find my old Thailand Photo thread, so again I am letting it go for good.  Safe journeys Secrets/Scooters. 

+1 as young Steelers says the boat has drifted away and it has holes in the bottom of it .... in shark infested waters.

• Haha 1

On 5/28/2019 at 8:41 AM, Krapow said:

From reading here, the Political stuff on Secrets and it's 'spin offs' were the reason for some not posting there again.

Not sure how bringing it back will help?

Interesting that it is now in a sub-forum entitled "Legal and Visa Issues Relating To Thailand". 

Not sure if Justtony will appreciate that as that sub-forum is apparently sponsored by Magna Carta. 

1 minute ago, Thai Spice said:

Not to speak about the deported ones, but that still are in the list ! 

But hey, it makes the numbers look.good and the forum more valuable ?

Valuable?......The Secrets forum is already in the ER....And the hart monitor is seconds away from flat-lining...

Its a complete wreck after being moved-chopped and spliced so many times..... 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, fforest said:

Valuable?......The Secrets forum is already in the ER....And the hart monitor is seconds away from flat-lining...

The database is the value as I understand it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Yep.

Hence never culling the database, so it has more data and is more valuable.

Same as any free app, whose commercial purpose is only to collect data and sell it.

They really f***d up when they not just hid, but deleted a lot of the non-controversial content. Because they deleted the content, plus they had a f***d up backup system, there was no hope of recovering some really great TR's and photo threads. They lost quite a few BM's after that point. So not only did they shoot themselves in the foot with regards to content that would make the forum valuable to a buyer, but the value of the forum was further decreased due to lower post counts.

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, fforest said:

Shame,as it used to be a really good forum.Lots of good members,and at least many have stayed posting here.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

The membership used to be good. It was (is) the management the problem...

Would be nice if Big John and Striderman would start their picture threads over here.Always kept everyone updated with what's happening in town.

@john luke does a great job when he is in town though.👍

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2