COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

Just got this email from EVA, PCR promotions :lol:

And cunts are only giving a tenner off!

Dear Valued Member,

EVA passengers who require COVID-19 PCR tests can now obtain them at a discounted price (£110 instead of £120) from Melio Health using an EVA Air discount code: EVA1-S4VE. To qualify passengers will need to hold EVA (695) tickets and have a confirmed booking on BR international flights departing from London Heathrow.

COVID-19 testing services are provided independently of EVA Air. Should you choose to purchase a COVID-19 test from the clinic, their terms and conditions will apply. The testing services referenced here are not being advertised by EVA Air as a travel service or as a holiday feature

http://mh1.evaair.com/evaair_mhua/template/20210323c26bd/%E5%80%AB%E6%95%A6%E7%AB%99%E9%9B%BB%E5%AD%90%E5%A0%B1/images/pic004.jpg

Terms and Conditions:
* Only passengers holding EVA(695) tickets with confirmed booking on
  BR international flights departing from LHR are eligible for obtaining
  the discount.
* The medical reporting will be responsible and reported by GMC
  registered doctors from Melio. EVA Air takes no responsibility for the
  test and medical report.
* EVA Air reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at
  any time without prior notice.

*Clinic terms and conditions apply.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Dear Valued Member,

EVA passengers who require COVID-19 PCR tests can now obtain them at a discounted price (£110 instead of £120) from Melio Health using an EVA Air discount code: EVA1-S4VE. To qualify passengers will need to hold EVA (695) tickets and have a confirmed booking on BR international flights departing from London Heathrow.

COVID-19 testing services are provided independently of EVA Air. Should you choose to purchase a COVID-19 test from the clinic, their terms and conditions will apply. The testing services referenced here are not being advertised by EVA Air as a travel service or as a holiday feature

http://mh1.evaair.com/evaair_mhua/template/20210323c26bd/倫敦站電子報/images/pic004.jpg

Terms and Conditions:
  the discount.
  test and medical report.

I got the same and thought the same too. LOL

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Dear Valued Member,

http://mh1.evaair.com/evaair_mhua/template/20210323c26bd/倫敦站電子報/images/pic004.jpg

Terms and Conditions:
  the discount.
  test and medical report.

28 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I got the same and thought the same too. LOL

Snap. I chuckled and deleted it 

was hoping it was  good news email with some positive insider Information buT alas no...😷

PM approves Phuket plan ...

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2090307/phuket-to-rekindle-tourism?fbclid=IwAR209F9oC-QkvXuWlN7ZAqOK3Hx3eGTyvDS4pf8O79vGKyeO5YdYXEZRtAo

Foreign tourists who have been vaccinated against Covid-19 will be allowed to visit six tourism provinces beginning next month.

Those who have been inoculated must still be quarantined. However, the mandatory isolation period has been reduced from 14 to seven days for them.

In July, Phuket will be the first province to waive the quarantine requirement for foreign visitors who have been vaccinated, as part of the government's plan to reopen the country.

Minister of Tourism and Sport Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn on Friday said the Centre for Economic Situation Administration (CESA), chaired by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, approved a three-stage roadmap to reopen six major tourism provinces -- Phuket, Krabi, Phangnga, Surat Thani (Koh Samui), Chon Buri (Pattaya) and Chiang Mai -- to vaccinated foreign visitors.

From April to June, inoculated foreign visitors arriving in these provinces will only be required to undergo quarantine in hotels or other designated facilities for seven days, he said.

From July to September, vaccinated tourists can visit Phuket without having to undergo quarantine under the so-called "Phuket Tourism Sandbox" programme, which is touted as a model for the reopening of the kingdom's tourism industry, Mr Phiphat said.

Despite the quarantine waiver, the travel activities of tourists will be restricted to "sealed routes" on Phuket for seven days before they are allowed to visit other locations, he said. Tourists are still required to use contact tracing apps, Mr Phiphat added.

He said that between October and December, Phuket's sandbox model will be applied to five other tourism provinces. A full reopening of the country is expected to take place in January, Mr Phiphat said.

more in the link

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

5 hours ago, Stillearly said:

PM approves Phuket plan ...

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2090307/phuket-to-rekindle-tourism?fbclid=IwAR209F9oC-QkvXuWlN7ZAqOK3Hx3eGTyvDS4pf8O79vGKyeO5YdYXEZRtAo

Foreign tourists who have been vaccinated against Covid-19 will be allowed to visit six tourism provinces beginning next month.

Those who have been inoculated must still be quarantined. However, the mandatory isolation period has been reduced from 14 to seven days for them.

In July, Phuket will be the first province to waive the quarantine requirement for foreign visitors who have been vaccinated, as part of the government's plan to reopen the country.

Minister of Tourism and Sport Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn on Friday said the Centre for Economic Situation Administration (CESA), chaired by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, approved a three-stage roadmap to reopen six major tourism provinces -- Phuket, Krabi, Phangnga, Surat Thani (Koh Samui), Chon Buri (Pattaya) and Chiang Mai -- to vaccinated foreign visitors.

From April to June, inoculated foreign visitors arriving in these provinces will only be required to undergo quarantine in hotels or other designated facilities for seven days, he said.

From July to September, vaccinated tourists can visit Phuket without having to undergo quarantine under the so-called "Phuket Tourism Sandbox" programme, which is touted as a model for the reopening of the kingdom's tourism industry, Mr Phiphat said.

Despite the quarantine waiver, the travel activities of tourists will be restricted to "sealed routes" on Phuket for seven days before they are allowed to visit other locations, he said. Tourists are still required to use contact tracing apps, Mr Phiphat added.

He said that between October and December, Phuket's sandbox model will be applied to five other tourism provinces. A full reopening of the country is expected to take place in January, Mr Phiphat said.

more in the link

Phuket sounded OK, till I read "Sealed routes" and "contact tracing apps"

Bollocks to that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, roomark said:

Phuket sounded OK, till I read "Sealed routes" and "contact tracing apps"

Bollocks to that.

Only sealed routes for 7 days -

, the travel activities of tourists will be restricted to "sealed routes" on Phuket for seven days before they are allowed to visit other locations, he said. Tourists are still required to use contact tracing apps, Mr Phiphat added.

I looked at flights just now on skyscanner, first time in near a year, when previously i had near every day for deals lol.

Thai are doing fights over Xmas and New Year direct fro Heathrow for £700, booked direct with them, not a broker.

It's tempting, especially with a family, but still far too much uncertainty. I'll wait and see how things pan out a bit first.

If i've learnt anything during this shit show, it's that things can and do change quickly!

So from April to June you can go to the 6 provinces and quarantine for only 7 days. From July to September you can go only to Phuket without quarantine but with restrictions.

If I wanted to go for my whole trip to Hua Hin between April and September I would need to quarantine in one of the chosen provinces for 7 days before moving to my favourite resort, Hua Hin.

Did I get that right?

I wouldn't get too worked up about it, it's inevitable that some of the tourists will bring the virus with them and it'll start spreading like wildfire among the Thai population and then the whole sorry mess will get closed down again. Unless the government can vaccinate maybe 40 million people in the next couple of months, which is probably their base plan but we all know how inept and corrupt they are when it comes to large public procurement projects.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

So from April to June you can go to the 6 provinces and quarantine for only 7 days. From July to September you can go only to Phuket without quarantine but with restrictions.

If I wanted to go for my whole trip to Hua Hin between April and September I would need to quarantine in one of the chosen provinces for 7 days before moving to my favourite resort, Hua Hin.

Did I get that right?

I've read the BKK Post article and this one https://www.thephuketnews.com/five-provinces-to-follow-phuket-model-for-tourism-reopening-79480.php a few times to try to understand what is happening, but I think you are correct.

However, in the Phuket News article, "proposed" and "proposal" are used quite a bit. I think, but am not certain, that that is solely in relation to Phuket specifically, not the plan as a whole. If that's not right, we are still in "wait and see" territory.

I'm also baffled about what has happened to the proposal to differentiate quarantine times depending on which country you come from. These lists were on FB only a few days ago - the green countries would require 7 days quarantine, the yellow 10 days, all other places 14. 

image.png

image (1).png

Edited by Bazle

10 minutes ago, Bazle said:

I've read the BKK Post article and this one https://www.thephuketnews.com/five-provinces-to-follow-phuket-model-for-tourism-reopening-79480.php a few times to try to understand what is happening, but I think you are correct.

However, in the Phuket News article, "proposed" and "proposal" are used quite a bit. I think, but am not certain, that that is solely in relation to Phuket specifically, not the plan as a whole. If that's not right, we are still in "wait and see" territory.

I'm also baffled about what has happened to the proposal to differentiate quarantine times depending on which country you come from. These lists were on FB only a few days ago - the green countries would require 7 days quarantine, the yellow 10 days, all other places 14. 

image.png

image (1).png

The UK and most of Europe will have to 14 day  quarantine as we all have the mutant strain of COVID rampant in our societies! 

3 minutes ago, Sherlock said:

The UK and most of Europe will have to 14 day  quarantine as we all have the mutant strain of COVID rampant in our societies! 

Do you see any mention of such a thing in the BKK Post or Phuket News articles?

2 minutes ago, Bazle said:

Do you see any mention of such a thing in the BKK Post or Phuket News articles?

Pretty sure I read it in BKK Post a few days back when this yellow and green list came out.

I refer to your post on this thread dated 20th March...................................

In Phase 3, from October on, the quarantine will be only for those coming from the risk areas set by the Ministry of Public Health,” Mr Taweesilp added.

“For the length of the quarantine Phase 1 and 2, both foreigners vaccinated and those not vaccinated will have to face only 10 days in quarantine.

“In Phase 3, there will not be quarantine in some areas where more than 70% of the population has been vaccinated. At that time, those areas can welcome foreigners from low-risk countries,” he said.

However, those who come from the countries where there are the mutated strains of the COVID-19 virus must face the full 14-day quarantine,” 

I've just read on Fakebook that R. Barrow, Esq, has published on Twatter the list of those countries that still have to so 14 days quarantine.  There are 11, and all from Africa, none from Europe (including the UK). 

Of course, this hasnt been published on the Gazette yet, so could all change .... again....

I would put a link in, but can't find it again....so maybe the post has already been withdrawn...

1 minute ago, Painter said:

I've just read on Fakebook that R. Barrow, Esq, has published on Twatter the list of those countries that still have to so 14 days quarantine.  There are 11, and all from Africa, none from Europe (including the UK). 

Of course, this hasnt been published on the Gazette yet, so could all change .... again....

I would put a link in, but can't find it again....so maybe the post has already been withdrawn...

It was from yesterday , still there

I can't post FB links here ..

But here's the Thai source

https://today.line.me/th/v2/article/vxOnjo?fbclid=IwAR20UvLQuIMAB5aMaccVMh0PeMfSneAXOIYMtcm669egVaM1DgN9B4fpUIk

Everything's still up in the air, as is everything with Covid, nevermind the Thai 'factor' and how illogical it can all be.

But at least there's 'movement', stuff being mooted, moving in the right direction.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Sherlock said:

Pretty sure I read it in BKK Post a few days back when this yellow and green list came out.

I refer to your post on this thread dated 20th March...................................

In Phase 3, from October on, the quarantine will be only for those coming from the risk areas set by the Ministry of Public Health,” Mr Taweesilp added.

“For the length of the quarantine Phase 1 and 2, both foreigners vaccinated and those not vaccinated will have to face only 10 days in quarantine.

“In Phase 3, there will not be quarantine in some areas where more than 70% of the population has been vaccinated. At that time, those areas can welcome foreigners from low-risk countries,” he said.

However, those who come from the countries where there are the mutated strains of the COVID-19 virus must face the full 14-day quarantine,” 

But has that now been superseded?

2 hours ago, Bazle said:

But has that now been superseded?

That is exactly my query as, like Chris, I have read both the previous reports about variant countries and this new FB information.

So presently it could still be 7/10 or 14 days quarantine for the UK so better to wait for the Gazette to be published 

It looks as if the latest plan is one step further forward but still far from definite - it still has to get past fhe Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration and their policy seems to be No Risk under any circumstances. 

From Pattaya News (note the final sentence)

"Thai economic committee approves in principle to welcome selected vaccinated foreign tourists to visit Thailand without state quarantine, piloting in Phuket
By
Nop Meechukhun -
Friday, 26 March 2021, 19:59

Bangkok –

The Center for Economic Situation Administration (CESA) has agreed in principle with a reopening plan to allow selected vaccinated foreign tourists to visit the island of Phuket without state quarantine, starting in July.

Yuthasak Supasorn, Governor of the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT), revealed this afternoon, March 26th, that the CESA has approved in principle a TAT plan to welcome vaccinated foreigners to visit Phuket island without mandatory quarantine upon arrival.

According to TAT’s previous market survey, the plan is expected to draw at least 100,000 foreign tourists to the island province in the third quarter. The TAT also aims to formulate a tourism promotional plan to initially attract vaccinated tourists from Europe, the United Kingdom, Russia, United States, United Arab Emirates, and Scandinavian countries. However, not all of these countries may be allowed at first and restrictions could be placed on countries let in.

The CESA has assigned the TAT to discuss the agenda with the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) and related local authorities before summarizing and proposing the plan in detail next month for further approvals.

Yuthasak continued that TAT also proposed a procedure to gradually reduce the quarantine period to seven days for vaccinated foreign tourists in the second quarter of 2021, prior to the arrival of non-quarantine tourists in July.

The plan is planned to be firstly implemented in major tourist provinces, piloted in Phuket and respectively followed by Koh Samui, Krabi, Phang Nga, Pattaya, and Chiang Mai. However, this is only an initial plan that has to be further discussed and approved by the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA).

The Pattaya News notes that the plan is not finalized and needs multiple other levels of approval, including from the CCSA and Thai Cabinet and also depends on vaccination levels in Phuket."
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Krapow said:

I looked at flights just now on skyscanner, first time in near a year, when previously i had near every day for deals lol.

Thai are doing fights over Xmas and New Year direct fro Heathrow for £700, booked direct with them, not a broker.

It's tempting, especially with a family, but still far too much uncertainty. I'll wait and see how things pan out a bit first.

If i've learnt anything during this shit show, it's that things can and do change quickly!

Thats the same time I'm hoping to fly over from the west coast, SF or LAX, but due to the always fluid situation with regulations, restrictions, etc....though I'm remaining optimistic, I'll keep my powder dry in making any booking until about mid to late October. I figure by then, whatever is decided by the Thai gov't and the nation's top health officials will be in place for the "high tourist season".

By that timeframe, I think the Thai population, hopefully, will be vaccinated in sufficient numbers to be confident in herd immunity in the tourist regions, and allowing those tourists who have been vaccinated, to enter the Kingdom without the current quarantine measures being necessary.

I'm just going to keep the faith.

• Like 2

Even if Thailand lets you in without quarantine, or with just being restricted to one area, the UK won't willingly let you out, and if you do somehow manage to get to Thailand then you'll now have to quarantine in the UK for two weeks when you return. There's no winning with this one!