COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

32 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I sold everything I had in the market,beginning of the year and am closing a sale on a building I own here tomorrow.

I am feeling extremely lucky that I’ve done that.Shit arse luck on my part...no skill whatsoever,but for the feeling of insecurity I’ve had for the last year Bout where we are heading.

9.22pm here,and 1 pm tomorrow can’t come quickly enough.

Shit is about to get dodgey,and I feel very comfy sat on the sideline.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, Skalliwag said:

I sold everything I had in the market,beginning of the year and am closing a sale on a building I own here tomorrow.

I am feeling extremely lucky that I’ve done that.Shit arse luck on my part...no skill whatsoever,but for the feeling of insecurity I’ve had for the last year Bout where we are heading.

9.22pm here,and 1 pm tomorrow can’t come quickly enough.

Shit is about to get dodgey,and I feel very comfy sat on the sideline.

I sold off some of my investments mid-January to fund a fixed income account here as a just in case reserve. Looks like that was a very fortuitous move as that reserve will help carry me into next October before I need to move more funds over for living expenses. During that time I expect I’ll also pick up more contract work, so I could go even longer before I have to dip into my investment capital again. I'm hoping that by then the panic has subsided and we start to see some normalcy in the market.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

EP note: A "containment area" using National Guard troops is something unprecedented in the U.S.  In its restrictions, the containment area is between self-quarantine and a full lock-down quarantine.  Schools and churches are closed and public gatherings are banned, but stores and businesses remain open.  Residents are able to leave and re-enter the area.

S

10 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

First step in taking liberties away...

And using the National Guard, who likely in American style will show up fully armed, is not really going to calm people .....

NOT AT ALL.. THE us DID SAME TO ANYONE WHO "LOOKED LIKE A GOOK", DURING WW2, ANYONE WITH JAPANESE BLOOD OR LOOK LIKE A JAP WAS SENT TO A "CONFINEMENT AREA"  (INTERNMENT CAMP)  WHICH, I WAS TOLD BY SOMEONE WHO WAS THERE, WASNT TERRIBLE, IT JUST WASNT HOME.  

4 hours ago, tommy dee said:

NOT AT ALL.. THE us DID SAME TO ANYONE WHO "LOOKED LIKE A GOOK", DURING WW2, ANYONE WITH JAPANESE BLOOD OR LOOK LIKE A JAP WAS SENT TO A "CONFINEMENT AREA"  (INTERNMENT CAMP)  WHICH, I WAS TOLD BY SOMEONE WHO WAS THERE, WASNT TERRIBLE, IT JUST WASNT HOME.  

Correct. It was a concentration camp .....

100% based on racism.

Country of the free !

But thats another subject.

• Thumbs Up 1

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30383878

Info via AOT app required from inbound passengers at airports
National
Mar 11. 2020

Starting from tomorrow (March 12 ), all foreign tourists arriving at all international airports in Thailand will be required to download an AOT Airports application onto their mobile phones as a measure to contain the spread Covid-19 in the country.

The requirement also applies to Thai returnees from high risk countries.

The measure was agreed at a meeting of the Digital Economy and Society Ministry, the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission, the Immigration Bureau, the Department of Disease Control, Airports of Thailand and five telecom operators.

Once the app is downloaded, they will have to fill in the required information - name, surname, passport ID, mobile phone number, e-mail address and present them to the immigration officials on duty. The information will be stored for 14 days after arrival.

In the case of a virus-infected person, the information given will enable related state agencies to follow protocols.

The state agencies will also be able to trace and inform passengers on the same flight as the infected individual.

Digital Economy Minister Buddhipongse Punnakanta said the measure was meant to reassure both Thais and foreign travellers of Thailand's readiness in tackling the Covid-19 outbreak.

------------------------------------------------------

The article doesn't say this but, elsewhere, I've read that the app requires you to allow it access to your location, and you keep GPS switched-on on your 'phone.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Bazle said:

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30383878

Info via AOT app required from inbound passengers at airports
National
Mar 11. 2020

Starting from tomorrow (March 12 ), all foreign tourists arriving at all international airports in Thailand will be required to download an AOT Airports application onto their mobile phones as a measure to contain the spread Covid-19 in the country.

The requirement also applies to Thai returnees from high risk countries.

The measure was agreed at a meeting of the Digital Economy and Society Ministry, the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission, the Immigration Bureau, the Department of Disease Control, Airports of Thailand and five telecom operators.

Once the app is downloaded, they will have to fill in the required information - name, surname, passport ID, mobile phone number, e-mail address and present them to the immigration officials on duty. The information will be stored for 14 days after arrival.

In the case of a virus-infected person, the information given will enable related state agencies to follow protocols.

The state agencies will also be able to trace and inform passengers on the same flight as the infected individual.

Digital Economy Minister Buddhipongse Punnakanta said the measure was meant to reassure both Thais and foreign travellers of Thailand's readiness in tackling the Covid-19 outbreak.

------------------------------------------------------

The article doesn't say this but, elsewhere, I've read that the app requires you to allow it access to your location, and you keep GPS switched-on on your 'phone.

I normally leave my phone in the safe In my hotel room ...

On 3/11/2020 at 5:54 PM, Thai Spice said:

First step in taking liberties away...

And using the National Guard, who likely in American style will show up fully armed, is not really going to calm people .....

The U.S. Supreme Court has held for close to 200 years that quarantine and isolation measures are allowed under the U.S. Constitution as personal freedom must take a back seat to the common good to prevent the spread of diseases that threaten the entire population.  All countries allow quarantines and isolation under extraordinary conditions.

When National Guard units are involved in disaster relief (floods, hurricanes, snow storms,  wild fires, etc), they aren't armed unless they are also required to stop looting or attacks on relief workers as happened in the aftermath of Hurricane Katarina.   Of course,  if the Guard has been called out to quell rioting,  they will be armed.  In New Rochelle, the National Guard has no police or military function and isn't armed.

Here's a link to an artcle from The New York Times on the first day for the New Rochelle containment  area. Coronavirus in N.Y.: Inside New Rochelle’s ‘Containment Area’

NG.jpg

NG2.jpg

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 1

2 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

22:17 GMT - Arsenal say manager Mikel Arteta has tested positive for coronavirus.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51865442

Sport can take a really far back seat IMHO phantom. Arteta will come out of this fine I think. More worried for me 79 year old mum. Tbh couldn't give a shit if another football ain't kicked this season. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Aqualung said:

Sport can take a really far back seat IMHO phantom. Arteta will come out of this fine I think. More worried for me 79 year old mum. Tbh couldn't give a shit if another football ain't kicked this season. 

both my parents are gone over.

now my family are worried about me,[75 ill health] me as long as I have fruit,daily paper,internet and music iam happy,i still go down to the supermarket every day,take a few old blokes and girls with me,but we do keep up our personal hygiene. was in the local for a few hours last sunday,before we had our table out in the beergarden the staff,wiped down the table and chairs.

iam more worried that the government might want to isolate our whole village if anyone of us come down with the chineseflu.none of us have been overseas for atleast 12mths and that was only to sheepshagging country.there is 28 one bedroom cottages in our gated village.

and we all have been keeping to ourselves,except when a few of us to circle of the yards each morning/dusk

atleast scare has stopped old Betty wanting to stick her tongue down me throat :default_crybaby:

regards

grayray

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

The U.S. Supreme Court has held for close to 200 years that quarantine and isolation measures are allowed under the U.S. Constitution as personal freedom must take a back seat to the common good to prevent the spread of diseases that threaten the entire population.  All countries allow quarantines and isolation under extraordinary conditions.

When National Guard units are involved in disaster relief (floods, hurricanes, snow storms,  wild fires, etc), they aren't armed unless they are also required to stop looting or attacks on relief workers as happened in the aftermath of Hurricane Katarina.   Of course,  if the Guard has been called out to quell rioting,  they will be armed.  In New Rochelle, the National Guard has no police or military function and isn't armed.

Here's a link to an artcle from The New York Times on the first day for the New Rochelle containment  area. Coronavirus in N.Y.: Inside New Rochelle’s ‘Containment Area’

NG.jpg

NG2.jpg

stop confusing him with FACTS Evil

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Bazle said:

So what is going on in Thailand?

Is Covid-19 really not spreading at the rate or in the way it has done in the West, or is information being suppressed, or is everyone living in blissful ignorance?

I am wondering that myself. Just seems not to be rising which I find difficult to believe. I suppose though that people dying in village who are elderly probably won't get noted or even checks made on how they die. Weeks ago 2 prisoners were sent home to the UK and were found to have the virus so there, straightaway, should be a number of Thai prisoners infected, are these added to the number or is that suppressed.

Philippines has just closed it's borders to UK nationals, will the Thais follow especially after the stock exchange this morning crashing, I am sure something will be done and as most white foreigners are the dirty unwashed (according to a clean Thai minister) why would they want us in their country anyway.

• Great Info 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

From the New York Post

How NYC strip clubs are handling the coronavirus outbreak

March 10, 2020 | 3:57pm | Updated

Edited by Evil Penevil

National Guard enforces New Rochelle coronavirus ‘containment area’

March 12, 2020 | 1:36pm | Updated

The National Guard rolled into New Rochelle early Thursday, establishing a mile-radius coronavirus “containment area” within the hard-hit community.

The drastic measure will see large gathering spaces, like schools and houses of worship, shuttered for two weeks.

Among the National Guard’s first orders of business was helping to distribute food to families within the zone who have kids who have been forced to stay home from nine schools where they would normally receive breakfast.

“Here we’ve handed out 150 kids’ breakfasts to 25 families this morning,” said Staff Sgt. Raymel Romero, stationed at New Rochelle High School.

“The breakfasts are cereal, milk, cereal bars, [and] the bags have pancake mix, canned food,” said Romero, a 28-year-old veteran of two tours in Afghanistan.

Elsewhere in the zone — the center of which is the Young Israel of New Rochelle synagogue, where the area’s patient-zero lawyer worships — the Guard was dishing out meals at the Westchester Community Opportunity Program assistance group’s Lincoln Avenue location.

“The National Guard members have been here since 7 a.m., unloading the food from the trucks, packaging and bringing out the food,” said Daniel Bonnet, WESTCOP’s director.

“It’s rice, pasta, granola bars, canned goods, cans of soup, juices, juice boxes,” he said, noting that the supplies don’t require refrigeration and each bundle is meant to feed a family of four for three days.

But chaos reigned, according to one area activist, who said childless opportunists were snatching up supplies meant for families with kids.

“This is a free-for-all!” said the 40-year-old woman, who declined to give her name. “People with no kids are coming up and taking food.

“This is important,” she continued. “There are people who depend on going to school to get breakfast, lunch. And with two weeks or six weeks with no school, the parents on a fixed income are not going to be able to afford to feed their kids.

“It’s heartbreaking,” she said.

One man without kids who came to stock up said he did so for fear of mixing with the masses in a grocery store.

“I don’t want to go to the supermarket,” said Stephen Jones, 53. “Because of the virus. … I have a number of medical conditions.”

NG3.JPG

NG4.JPG

NG5.JPG

NG6.JPG

Meanwhile, in Italy:

Italy.JPG

Edited by Evil Penevil

Thais warned not to share drinks, cigs

A coronavirus cluster started by friends who shared drinks and cigarettes has prompted Thai authorities to issue a new warning to the party-going public.

ReutersMARCH 13, 20206:05PM

Thailand has issued a new coronavirus warning to the party-going public after a cluster of 13 cases was traced to a group of friends who shared cigarettes and drinks.

Sukhum Kanchanapimai, the health ministry's permanent secretary, told reporters some friends who met up at a party were responsible for the highest daily jump of 11 new coronavirus cases, reported on Thursday.

"There was inappropriate behaviour, sharing drinks, cigarettes and not avoiding social activities after returning from an at-risk country," Sukhum said.

One of the friends had been earlier been in contact with tourists from Hong Kong.

"Don't share cigarettes and drinks," Sukhum said.

Thailand on Friday raised its official coronavirus count by five cases on Friday, bringing the total to 75.

Three of the cases reported on Friday are connected to a confirmed patient who returned from South Korea and went out with friends and family, including the three, to an entertainment venue before being quarantined.

Officials were monitoring the condition of eight other people linked to that case.

One person has died of the virus in Thailand. Thirty-five people have recovered and been discharged from hospital.

https://www.news.com.au/world/breaking-news/thais-warned-not-to-share-drinks-cigs/news-story/bca621441960673cd072ead30986dd4f

On 3/12/2020 at 4:34 AM, tommy dee said:

The New Rochelle containment area (NOT "confinement area') is nothing like the WW II U.S. internment camps for both citizens and non-citizens of Japanese ancestry.  The goal is to contain the virus, not people, within the area.  Ethnic Japanese people in coastal areas of the U.S. were forced into camps far from their homes, were kept under guard and not allowed to leave.  The people living in the New Rochelle containment area remain in their own homes and are free to come and go as they please.  Some have been recommended to self-quarantine, but there are no restrictions on their movement.They are not under guard and there are no check points. 

Public transportation continues to serve the containment area and residents who work outside the area are able to go to their jobs.  Similarly, people who live outside the area can continue to visit friends and family or work at jobs in the area.  Schools, houses of worship and other places where people gather, such as a county club and a community center, have been closed to allow for disinfection and deep cleaning. Shops and other businesses remain open.

The National Guard has been deployed to distribute food, medicine and other necessities to people in the area.  Low-income families and some of the elderly often relied on free breakfast or lunch programs at schools or the community center.   The Guard will also help with the cleaning efforts. New Rochelle is a city of 80,000 people and doesn't have the staff or resources to handle such measures on its own. 

The numbers change constantly,  but New Rochelle has had at least 121 confirmed cases of the coronavirus.  Almost all the infected people had a connection to the Young Israel Synagogue, which is considered the epicenter of the New Rochelle cluster and marks the center point of the containment zone.  To repeat, the goal is to contain the virus, not people, within the area.

By contrast, New York City, with 100 times New Rochelle's population, has reported 95 confirmed COVID-19 cases.

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil