COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

35 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

I can see this happening pretty soon.  BKKians will flee to Pattaya as they did in the floods.,  BKK anbd area is likely to be the first to see, if anywhere, a burst of covid.  

cant say its a good thing but as wqe are now for the first time seeing panic buying in some places,, that will only escalate as its on the news now so more will do it

gawd help us.

People taking 3 barfines at once?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

49 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

I can see this happening pretty soon.  BKKians will flee to Pattaya as they did in the floods.,  BKK anbd area is likely to be the first to see, if anywhere, a burst of covid.  

cant say its a good thing but as wqe are now for the first time seeing panic buying in some places,, that will only escalate as its on the news now so more will do it

gawd help us.

That may have worse implications than first imagined if it comes to pass.

Where do you think the BKKians will go for medical treatment? All the way back to Bangkok.

Jonny Farang will be n+1 in line for a ventilator where "n" is the number of ventilators.

Just advising on Sky News that Qatar have said they will stop all flights arriving into Doha for 14 days except cargo flights . Sure this news will be on Google shortly.

Edit :Announced on Sky news but nothing on the Qatar website in Covid updates...

Edited by Horizondave
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Just advising on Sky News that Qatar have said they will stop all flights arriving into Doha for 14 days except cargo flights . Sure this news will be on Google shortly.

All over the news now.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, tommy dee said:

for those of you thinking of coming to the LOS.. as long as you can get here... once you are here you will find that yes it is quiet, but there is no panic, life is normal and shops are full.  people are going about theior normal business, markets are busy and it aint that bad.  will that change.. who knows but to be fair, heat and drought aside, its still a great place to be, and ps.. we have bog rolls but dont tell everyone 🙂

And what happens when you want to go home? I think anyone who ventures to Thailand (or any country not their own) at this time is really rolling the dice. Goodness only knows what travel restrictions may come next. We can joke that getting stuck in Thailand would be heaven, but if things go in to lockdown I don't know that it would be quite so much fun. And seriously, do we really think the bars are going to remain open? Ireland ordered all bars closed 24 hours before St Paddy's Day. At some point you'd think it will happen in Thailand too....

Edited by Stickman
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I am in the process of cancelling my trip , as part of it I was staying in Samui for eight nights. 

I booked my room directly with the hotel , but choose the lowest "non cancellation , no amendment " price.... total cost was just over 36,000 Baht ( I was treating myself ... 😉 ) 

I sent them a message a couple of days ago , explaining my situation and have just received a nice email back agreeing to cancel my booking with no charge 

very happy 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

BARS AND NIGHTCLUBS TO CLOSE BY ORDER....educational centres and sports centres affected too

At a meeting this afternoon, government officials announced plans which are to be submitted to the cabinet for approval, for restrictions similar to those applied in many western countries already. its expected that they will go into effect nationally very soon.
restrictions WILL affect Nightclubs and businesses within Entertainment zones , along with those anywhere that attract a large number of people at any one time.

the list is expected to also cover the closure of Universities, all public and private, fee paying schools, sport areas, theatres and nightclubs.
Its believed that smaller bars, outside entertainment areas, along with smaller restaurants will not be included in the list. However, to comply, they may have to restrict the number of patrons at any one time IF a maximum number is set in the new regulations

with the risk of transfer of the COVID 19 virus too great now to ignore and other public gatherings banned, so, sadly the nightclub industry is expected to temporarily have to close its doors too.

Fears of unemployment for staff are of course rife and its likely that many will leave the cities for their homesteads. Entertainment businesses will no doubt be negotiating with property owners for lower rents as they are effectively frozen, perhaps for several months.

In Pattaya, the Pattaya Entertainment Operators Association, a group of mainly Thai businessmen and women ,who operate within the walking St area, had already thrown their support behind any decision made by the government and any business that is affected, that thinks its worth a try to stay open, will be risking their licence as well as fines along with the wrath of those businesses who comply with the new edict.

Its already been decided that those Sois where bars and nightclubs operate, even out of the so called "ring fenced" entertainment zones, can expect to see the regulations applied to them too.
  • Great Info 1

48 minutes ago, tommy dee said:
BARS AND NIGHTCLUBS TO CLOSE BY ORDER....educational centres and sports centres affected too

At a meeting this afternoon, government officials announced plans which are to be submitted to the cabinet for approval, for restrictions similar to those applied in many western countries already. its expected that they will go into effect nationally very soon.
restrictions WILL affect Nightclubs and businesses within Entertainment zones , along with those anywhere that attract a large number of people at any one time.

the list is expected to also cover the closure of Universities, all public and private, fee paying schools, sport areas, theatres and nightclubs.
Its believed that smaller bars, outside entertainment areas, along with smaller restaurants will not be included in the list. However, to comply, they may have to restrict the number of patrons at any one time IF a maximum number is set in the new regulations

with the risk of transfer of the COVID 19 virus too great now to ignore and other public gatherings banned, so, sadly the nightclub industry is expected to temporarily have to close its doors too.

Fears of unemployment for staff are of course rife and its likely that many will leave the cities for their homesteads. Entertainment businesses will no doubt be negotiating with property owners for lower rents as they are effectively frozen, perhaps for several months.

In Pattaya, the Pattaya Entertainment Operators Association, a group of mainly Thai businessmen and women ,who operate within the walking St area, had already thrown their support behind any decision made by the government and any business that is affected, that thinks its worth a try to stay open, will be risking their licence as well as fines along with the wrath of those businesses who comply with the new edict.

Its already been decided that those Sois where bars and nightclubs operate, even out of the so called "ring fenced" entertainment zones, can expect to see the regulations applied to them too.

Do you think hotels will be next?

19 minutes ago, Painter said:

I'm not putting you up....!

Don't worry, I will try to move in with one of my regulars.  Pay for all her expenses and gratitude on top. Hopefully get a few takers during the lock down. If not I will rent a condo for a month and ship them in. Lol.

I can always f**k off home too I guess with all the empty seats on the planes right now!

12 minutes ago, Painter said:

it does ina way but you have to know that they are operated by the soi 6 boys.  hence they dont want the neg news.  mine is sourced and confirmed, and written clearly that its a government proposal given to the cabinet for approval.    that proposal was based on statements previously made today and yesterday, from reliable concrete sources, as much as you can get here.   .  

and the statement due tonight, I am now told, will be given in the morning, probably after most print media goes to press.

so we shall see.  :)  last time they were wrong, and the time before too.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 3/15/2020 at 11:27 AM, Krapow said:

EVA Air to 'adjust frequency' of flights from Europe to Thailand -

EVA Air statement about COVID-19 (Update on March 14)

Update on March 14 for European flights

In response to continued coronavirus outbreak in Europe, Taiwan's Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) has issued level 3 travel advisories for European countries today (March 14). According to CECC's instructions, travellers arriving from these areas, including airline crew, should follow a 14-day home quarantine. 

As the precautionary measure will limit the number of our cabin crew who can work on board, EVA will maintain normal schedules of its European flights today and tomorrow (March 15). From March 16, we will adjust the frequencies of our flights to Europe based on passengers' travel demand and assignment condition of our cabin crew. EVA will provide refund or ticket change services for passengers who hold its tickets to Europe. For related rules and information, passengers can visit EVA’s Coronavirus disease 2019 website at https://www.evaair.com/en-global/emer/2019-nCoV.html.

Thanks for this. I have just, with considerable sadness, applied for a refund.