why is the world going nuts

grayray

51 years here in Calif and have never seen our local Safeway like this........yesterday after a morning walk at the park, this is what we saw. Geez...hardly any peanut butter left....I would have withdrawls LOL! 

30 minutes in line to check out and you could see the look in peoples faces.......the cashier told us that after Trump made his emergency declaration, the people flooded the store and bought a ton of stuff. Very few Apples and Carrots left either. image.png

• Like 1
  • Surprised 4

I'm hoping this will have all calmed down by the April 23. I don't want to cancel my visit to Thailand I need a holiday, had a crap year so far and need to get away I don't care how quiet it's going to be, I spoke to a friend she works in one of the bars in Soi Buakhao opposite the nature view hotel she was saying some places had shut and many places were very quiet not sure how true this though?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, siamsteve said:

I'm hoping this will have all calmed down by the April 23. I don't want to cancel my visit to Thailand I need a holiday, had a crap year so far and need to get away I don't care how quiet it's going to be, I spoke to a friend she works in one of the bars in Soi Buakhao opposite the nature view hotel she was saying some places had shut and many places were very quiet not sure how true this though?

Been told by a few different people that until the last few days it had been fairly decent. However, I've heard that the last few days have been dire. Hopefully it blows over before your visit.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, siamsteve said:

Maybe have calmed down or not got too much worse in Thailand. 

But certainly not in Europe and the UK. It's only starting there.

The UK doesn't have the outbreak yet, it's only trying to prepare for the outbreak. It will get much worse before it gets better.

So the main worry would be other countries banning or putting quarantine measures of people from the UK.

Spain's about to go into lock down the same as Italy, France has lots of new restrictions.. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the UK does as well soon enough.

28 minutes ago, monkeyman said:

Anyone taking bets on when and where the civil disobedience, riots and looting will start first? 

Anarchy here we come. :default_devil: 

London.

The mandem and black yoots will be out causing chaos.

But then that's just an ordinary day in foggy old London town.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, siamsteve said:

I suppose my concern is that the UK goes into lock down in the next 10 days and within the next couple of weeks the UK citizens gets a blocked travelling to LOS

I was gutted our game was postponed as we always do well against Barnsley. 

4 minutes ago, siamsteve said:

I suppose my concern is that the UK goes into lock down in the next 10 days and within the next couple of weeks the UK citizens gets a blocked travelling to LOS

Even a 'lock down' I think would be like Spain or France, not Italy. So Pubs, certain shops, social gatherings etc.

People will still go to work, transport, airports etc still open, but not all flights re Jet2 and undoubtedly more to come. 

Plus there's science to it, they know people will only adhere to a lockdown for a certain length of time, so it will only be for a certain length of time. It's timing. 

But yea, i'd be most concerned about Thailand saying mai ao kap!

Yeah been not a bad little run over the last couple of weeks for the R's from my point of view we could have done better in January and early Feb especially when we were on TV early Saturday afternoon the Bee's gave us pasting but at least safe for this season

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Even a 'lock down' I think would be like Spain or France, not Italy. So Pubs, certain shops, social gatherings etc.

People will still go to work, transport, airports etc still open, but not all flights re Jet2 and undoubtedly more to come. 

Plus there's science to it, they know people will only adhere to a lockdown for a certain length of time, so it will only be for a certain length of time. It's timing. 

But yea, i'd be most concerned about Thailand saying mai ao kap!

the only saving grace is that everything so far is paid by credit card so if the decision to block tourist from the UK go ahead I at least I may get my money back, though my other worry is that BA may cancel my flight as well. As i see the news today they have now informed all their staff they will now have to start looking at how they operate!

10 minutes ago, siamsteve said:

the only saving grace is that everything so far is paid by credit card so if the decision to block tourist from the UK go ahead I at least I may get my money back, though my other worry is that BA may cancel my flight as well. As i see the news today they have now informed all their staff they will now have to start looking at how they operate!

I'm the same, hotels booked by Credit Card for June/July, so here's hoping. That said I seen an 'expert' on such things on BBC earlier doing a Q&A and he said if you don't have the insurance for such things, CC will not pay out either. So who knows!

If I don't get going June/July, i'm gonna rebook for January, and again book with the airline direct. I'm currently booked with EVA and can cancel the £1400 tickets anytime for £180. I normally go via skyscanner, but EVA was only £100 more direct with them for the 3 of us, thank f**k I booked with them, i'm in control. 

I can get Thai Air for January for £505 booked direct with them, £444 via travelsupermarket.

8 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Been told by a few different people that until the last few days it had been fairly decent. However, I've heard that the last few days have been dire. Hopefully it blows over before your visit.

I was out last night around the Buakhao area bars and it was quite noticeable the drop in customers out and about. Not looking good for bar owners and staff.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I was out last night around the Buakhao area bars and it was quite noticeable the drop in customers out and about. Not looking good for bar owners and staff.

Yup.... my wanderings have shown thr same. There was a noticeable drop over the weekend, imo

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Whereabouts on Buakhow ? I popped into LK on Tuesday night and it did look quieter than I've seen it for a while but around that general area it didn't look too bad ? ( PS, it must be getting quieter as I was nearly a sexy man, when that happens I know they're getting hungry ).

Mind you when I came home to the Darkside the bars looked dead around Khoa Talo.

Edited by mrcharliemofo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Krapow said:

I'm the same, hotels booked by Credit Card for June/July, so here's hoping. That said I seen an 'expert' on such things on BBC earlier doing a Q&A and he said if you don't have the insurance for such things, CC will not pay out either. So who knows!

If I don't get going June/July, i'm gonna rebook for January, and again book with the airline direct. I'm currently booked with EVA and can cancel the £1400 tickets anytime for £180. I normally go via skyscanner, but EVA was only £100 more direct with them for the 3 of us, thank f**k I booked with them, i'm in control. 

I can get Thai Air for January for £505 booked direct with them, £444 via travelsupermarket.

We get travel insurance when we buy our flights on our credit card. The wife is cancelling her trip at the end of this month to Thailand and they won't pay out for a pandemic.

6 minutes ago, mrcharliemofo said:

Whereabouts on Buakhow ? I popped into LK on Tuesday night and it did look quieter than I've seen it for a while but around that general area it didn't look too bad ? Mind you when I came home to the Darkside the bars looked dead around Khoa Talo.

Started at Nikom then Billabong around 7pm. I know Billabong doesn't really get going until around 9pm, but early in the evening there's usually a few more than the dozen or so customers I saw there. Next stop was Easy R-Con which had about the same number of customers. Again lower than what I usually see on a weekend and at that time of night. Last stop was at Natalie's Bar, New Plaza. I was one of three customers. What I also noticed was the strip of bars on the left as you enter New Plaza from Buakhao had no customers, or maybe one or two.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, siamsteve said:

Yes i hope so but like i said i don't really care if it's quiet as long as i can still get a beer, food, etc.. then i will be happy

Bro ... don't ever worry about getting a good cold beer and some good food ... even on the most religious of Buddha days anything and everything is still available ....