COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

https://thecritic.co.uk/has-the-government-over-reacted-to-the-coronavirus-crisis/

''People are killed by economic downturns just as surely as they are by pandemics and more years of life will be lost than saved if the lockdown is prolonged. The Government should end it as soon as possible and encourage people to return to work, limiting social distancing measures to the elderly and those with underlying health conditions.''

55 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

https://thecritic.co.uk/has-the-government-over-reacted-to-the-coronavirus-crisis/

''People are killed by economic downturns just as surely as they are by pandemics and more years of life will be lost than saved if the lockdown is prolonged. The Government should end it as soon as possible and encourage people to return to work, limiting social distancing measures to the elderly and those with underlying health conditions.''

That man is a complete prick. 

• Like 2

Just a reminder that it's almost

April1z.jpg.297bd05b17326ae2eed099a81a7b0aa7.jpg

When you come across posts about a cure for COVID-19, bars reopening, the government closing down TF or the most popular go go girls accepting 200 baht for L/T,  keep in mind what day it is.  Check and double-check the source of the info before taking either a jump for joy or balcony dive.

Snopes has a decent list of debunked rumors and hoaxes.  The first version was published Feb. 28, but has been has been regularly updated since then. New hoaxes and fake news have been added as they occur.

Evil

Capture.JPG.6bfdc5695e3fb0a85ccdddae89bf03d6.JPG

Snopes.JPG.b66f3f126e291323d27823a5ee499414.JPG

The Coronavirus Collection: 
Fact-Checking COVID-19

As the potentially deadly virus spread from Wuhan, China, to the rest of the world, misinformation tagged along.

BRANDON ECHTER (PUBLISHED  28 FEBRUARY 2020)

In late December 2019, a new coronavirus was discovered in the Chinese city of Wuhan. As the disease eventually dubbed COVID-19 spread from that region to the rest of the world, something else came with it — an “infodemic” of rumors and misinformation.

Here’s a compilation of claims we’ve fact-checked so far, separated by category:

For the latest information about the coronavirus and COVID-19, visit the CDC or WHO websites

• Thumbs Up 1

Good to see a good percentage in the US are now taking this seriously.

Most Americans Say Coronavirus Outbreak Has Impacted Their Lives

About nine-in-ten U.S. adults (91%) say that, given the current situation, they would feel uncomfortable attending a crowded party. Roughly three-quarters (77%) would not want to eat out at a restaurant. In the midst of a presidential election year, about two-thirds (66%) say they wouldn’t feel comfortable going to a polling place to vote. And smaller but still substantial shares express discomfort even with going to the grocery store (42%) or visiting with a close friend or family member in their home (38%).

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Measures in Holland extended from April 6th until 28th at least..

Deadliest day so far with 175 casualties. 

A total lockdown is still an option if the number of people in ICU would reach critical limits. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Binlid said:

Meanwhile here in Wales the goat population of the Great Orme in North Wales  are coming down from the hillsides into the town of Llanduddno and forraging in peoples gardens probably because of the lack of people about.

Hope there ain't a big Muslim population there as rape offences will skyrocket. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Binlid said:

Meanwhile here in Wales the goat population of the Great Orme in North Wales  are coming down from the hillsides into the town of Llanduddno and forraging in peoples gardens probably because of the lack of people about.

That's the only thing I miss about my Jamaican ex-wife since our divorce 18 years ago. She made the most delicious Jamaican style curried goat with rice and beans. I would never be able to duplicate preparing that dish if I tried and never have. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Steelers4Life said:

That's the only thing I miss about my Jamaican ex-wife since our divorce 18 years ago. She made the most delicious Jamaican style curried goat with rice and beans. I would never be able to duplicate preparing that dish if I tried and never have. 

Would buy it from a Jamaican shop in Shepherds Bush sometimes on the way back from football. 

Love it.

• Like 1

This is social distancing in every sense of the phrase!

Evil

Capture.JPG.c039475b989796dc35e4d971df7af863.JPG

Guardiana.jpg.1d7052057f7fda856ca81153239d3e2e.jpg

Las Vegas Parking Lot Turned Into "Homeless Shelter"
With Social Distancing Markers

3500.thumb.jpg.1136a0f9588f73d3a415954cc3cfd7cd.jpg

Homeless people sleep in a parking lot with spaces marked for social distancing in Las Vegas. Photograph: Steve Marcus/Reuters

City says parking lot marked to distance residents from each 
other was best option after virus forced another shelter to close

Images of homeless people sleeping in a converted parking lot in Las Vegas have sparked criticism, even as the city officials describe an “emergency situation” and say the solution was the best option after another shelter was forced to close amid the coronavirus crisis.

Over the weekend, authorities in Las Vegas needed to find additional sleeping space for the city’s sizable homeless population when a 500-bed overnight shelter closed after a client tested positive for the new coronavirus.

Officials turned a parking lot into a makeshift shelter, saying spaces for sleeping were drawn 6 ft apart in observance of federal social distancing guidelines.

(READ MORE)

Edited by Evil Penevil

41 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

This is social distancing in every sense of the phrase!

Evil

Capture.JPG.c039475b989796dc35e4d971df7af863.JPG

Guardiana.jpg.1d7052057f7fda856ca81153239d3e2e.jpg

Las Vegas Parking Lot Turned Into "Homeless Shelter"
With Social Distancing Markers

3500.thumb.jpg.1136a0f9588f73d3a415954cc3cfd7cd.jpg

Homeless people sleep in a parking lot with spaces marked for social distancing in Las Vegas. Photograph: Steve Marcus/Reuters

City says parking lot marked to distance residents from each 
other was best option after virus forced another shelter to close

Images of homeless people sleeping in a converted parking lot in Las Vegas have sparked criticism, even as the city officials describe an “emergency situation” and say the solution was the best option after another shelter was forced to close amid the coronavirus crisis.

Over the weekend, authorities in Las Vegas needed to find additional sleeping space for the city’s sizable homeless population when a 500-bed overnight shelter closed after a client tested positive for the new coronavirus.

Officials turned a parking lot into a makeshift shelter, saying spaces for sleeping were drawn 6 ft apart in observance of federal social distancing guidelines.

(READ MORE)

And somebody is proud of organizing that ? Parking people on an open air parking lot ? What about sanitary conditions ?

There is no gym, indoor stadium, halls, etc available ?

I doubt this kind of stuff would be accepted in Europe !

Shame !

25 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Any bms pissed of at some comparisons regarding covid? 

BBC have now stated more Americans have died of covid than 9/11.

Sorry if I'm being insensitive but I think that comparison is a just bloody stupid. 

It is stupid,but it’s a sound bight that sells.

I hate everything to do with it at present.
Im spending more and more time away from anything Corona.

1 hour ago, Aqualung said:

Any bms pissed of at some comparisons regarding covid? 

BBC have now stated more Americans have died of covid than 9/11.

Sorry if I'm being insensitive but I think that comparison is a just bloody stupid. 

The same media has been saying that the China numbers are not reliable, (can't trtust them commies...) but use them systematically in headlines like "US now more victims than China"

It's all fecking sensationalism, nothing to do with reporting, everything is about grabbing the attention and selling papers and ads for bog paper....

My TV is NEVER on (except for Netflix or Youtube movies). A look morning and evening at the main online news sites is enough. 

Although the Guardian probably has a record, since weeks ALL their headlines are Cvirus related.