COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

1 hour ago, monkey_omelette said:

Come and fit mine then. 😜

I always thought if you are going to set one up in the UK , it would be best to have it connected to both hot an cold via a thermo mixing valve .... otherwise the water temp could be a bit bracing in winter ..

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, fygjam said:

And who exactly it "they"?

4 hours ago, fforest said:

They are the unseen hand.....

4 hours ago, fygjam said:

Did "they" manage to fool Penn & Teller?

That unhinged train driver would be a believer in 'they' 

Those sort of people ...

• Like 1

Not just hand sanitizer and masks are in short supply in the U.S.- add laptop computers to the list.  I use an old laptop when I travel and it finally conked yesterday.  It's not worth trying to get it repaired, so I visited the local Walmart to get a replacement.  They were sold out because of the shift to work from home. I'll try again today at Best Buy and Staples, but I may have to order online for delivery.  Two days minimum for in-store pickup.  Just another reality of life under a stay at home order.  Until then it will be limited posts using a smart phone.

Evil 

• Surprised 2

4 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

This is the kind of simple, mathematical explanation our governments should have given from the start, instead of those patriotic rethorics of "we are at war"

Simple and efficient.

That pretty much sums it up right there for sure!

• Like 2

I avoid any news articles or news stories that are opinions about the virus being thrown out there as actual factual news.

Here is what I avoid:

Professor thinks..

Expert surmises..

Politician feels...

Physician says...

Medical Expert foresees... 

Officials predict... 

Author forecasts...

One Study shows...

I carefully choose not to read or listen to if they contain what's mentioned above. 

Edited by Steelers4Life
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Thai Spice said:

This is the kind of simple, mathematical explanation our governments should have given from the start, instead of those patriotic rethorics of "we are at war"

Simple and efficient.

That's the message most of us have got from the beginning , only a few deciding their quality of life is more important ..... but good to see it's getting through eventually 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Evil Penevil said:

Not just hand sanitizer and masks are in short supply in the U.S.- add laptop computers to the list.  I use an old laptop when I travel and it finally conked yesterday.  It's not worth trying to get it repaired, so I visited the local Walmart to get a replacement.  They were sold out because of the shift to work from home. I'll try again today at Best Buy and Staples, but I may have to order online for delivery.  Two days minimum for in-store pickup.  Just another reality of life under a stay at home order.  Until then it will be limited posts using a smart phone.

Evil 

Jeez,  if you were here I would just give you a laptop ( I am serious )  ... I have about 7 - 8 laying around ( really good rocking machines also ) ---

I get to obsessed with laptops .... I just bought another beast of a laptop ...  an MSI GS65 Stealth

1 hour ago, Steelers4Life said:

I avoid any news articles or news stories that are opinions about the virus being thrown out there as actual factual news.

Here is what I avoid:

Professor thinks..

Expert surmises..

Politician feels...

Physician says...

Medical Expert foresees... 

Officials predict... 

Author forecasts...

One Study shows...

I carefully choose not to read or listen to if they contain what's mentioned above. 

All from " anonymous" sources .... LOL .. LOL .. LOL .. LOL

All frauds and purely personal conjecture ...

I agree with your list ....

• Like 2

Should be at least half, the overpaid cunts -

Premier League clubs will ask players to take a 30% pay cut in order to protect jobs in professional football as it was announced the season will not resume until "it is safe and appropriate to do so".

7 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Should be at least half, the overpaid cunts -

Premier League clubs will ask players to take a 30% pay cut in order to protect jobs in professional football as it was announced the season will not resume until "it is safe and appropriate to do so".

What about pop stars , should they be helping out the people that work in their industry ...

football players are just such an easy target ... 

the PL owners are billionaires , they could afford to keep paying the ground staff and tea ladies if they wanted 

6 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

What about pop stars , should they be helping out the people that work in their industry ...

football players are just such an easy target ... 

the PL owners are billionaires , they could afford to keep paying the ground staff and tea ladies if they wanted 

Anyone whop gets paid obscene wages should be helping out.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Stillearly said:

That's what taxes are for .... 

of course nothing wrong with people contributing more to charity,  if they wish , but without pressure and shaming ....

No this is unprecedented, it's totally unfair to force much lower paid people take a cut, while those that get obscene wages, and they are obscene, have to be 'asked'. 

2 minutes ago, Krapow said:

No this is unprecedented, it's totally unfair to force much lower paid people take a cut, while those that get obscene wages, and they are obscene, have to be 'asked'. 

As in Tottenham that has cut its non playing staff wages 20%

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Krapow said:

As I said that's what taxes are for , nothing to stop the government increasing income tax to 50 or 60% for anyone that earns over £200,000 , they could do that tomorrow if they wanted ... 

but just pointing out footballers is too easy ... soft target same as BBC hosts or Bankers 

Just now, Stillearly said:

As I said that's what taxes are for , nothing to stop the government increasing income tax to 50 or 60% for anyone that earns over £200,000 , they could do that tomorrow if they wanted ... 

but just pointing out footballers is too easy ... soft target same as BBC hosts or Bankers 

It's obscene that anyone who gets paid obscene wages while lower paid people n the same industry are forced to take a pay cut have to be asked to help, ANYONE!

Just now, Krapow said:

It's obscene that anyone who gets paid obscene wages while lower paid people n the same industry are forced to take a pay cut have to be asked to help, ANYONE!

I don't disagree but blame the system not the individuals.... 

Note the footballers are being asked to defer their wages, which means they'll get them back later.  The poor sods that are being furloughed won't be getting their wages topped up when things get back to normal.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, KWA said:

Note the footballers are being asked to defer their wages, which means they'll get them back later.  The poor sods that are being furloughed won't be getting their wages topped up when things get back to normal.

Which means their bitches Wont be getting paid.😢