COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

2 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Man, that is for sure .... everything I have smoked and otherwise "dropped"  into my mouth over the years ... holy shit!

The amount of drugs and alcohol I have done must have done some damage. 

UK starting to post some big death figures now.

April is going to be horrific for London.

Hopefully the lockdown is working and we see a 'levelling off' near the end of April, and the health service doesn't collapse. 

Stay safe people. It's rife around here where we live, big Orthodox Jewish community who through a combination of being so insular and now knowing, mixed with more emphasis on their religious doctrine anyway, and massive families, it's infected loads of them, with plenty deaths. It's fucking Passover next week, I just hope, hope, they are responsible and respectful, not their mass gatherings. Already through ignorance, lack of knowledge, arrogance or whatever they mainly don't adhere to the Government guidelines re social distancing. Though a Rabbi died of the virus 2 days ago, think it's getting through to them now. I see posters up in English and Hebrew, and a car and loud speaker blasting the message out.

Mrs and daughter are grounded to pretty much the 'square' outside our back door until we get through this. It is concerning. 

f**k I hate religion!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

The news in northern ireland has been dominated by imminent catastrophe and 14k Coronavirus deaths. However, statistics released today have shown that northern Ireland's death rate has FALLEN in recent weeks.

Screenshot_20200401_152443.jpg

Coronavirus is a health concern only for the elderly and those with underlying illness, just like the flu or the common cold. The mass hysteria and public frenzy over this is doing more damage than the illness itself.

I understand we are speaking about WEEKLY TOTAL deaths. What would be really interesting is to compare those numbers with the 2019 numbers ! 

Those records sure exist in every country, but not sure if they are public or where to access them.

Only that type of compairison will show the "abnormal" year on year increase.

27 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Hopefully the lockdown is working and we see a 'levelling off' near the end of April, and the health service doesn't collapse. 

Stay safe people. It's rife around here where we live, big Orthodox Jewish community who through a combination of being so insular and now knowing, mixed with more emphasis on their religious doctrine anyway, and massive families, it's infected loads of them, with plenty deaths. It's fucking Passover next week, I just hope, hope, they are responsible and respectful, not their mass gatherings. Already through ignorance, lack of knowledge, arrogance or whatever they mainly don't adhere to the Government guidelines re social distancing. Though a Rabbi died of the virus 2 days ago, think it's getting through to them now. I see posters up in English and Hebrew, and a car and loud speaker blasting the message out.

Mrs and daughter are grounded to pretty much the 'square' outside our back door until we get through this. It is concerning. 

f**k I hate religion!

Foggy old London town.

2 hours ago, Krapow said:

f**k I hate religion!

Move out of that shit hole then. Every scabby Nationality on the Planet living in it. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

I understand we are speaking about WEEKLY TOTAL deaths. What would be really interesting is to compare those numbers with the 2019 numbers ! 

Those records sure exist in every country, but not sure if they are public or where to access them.

Only that type of compairison will show the "abnormal" year on year increase.

I had the same thought in regards to the NYC numbers. Did some searching and found this chart (link). If you combine the two high risk averages, heart disease and cancer, you have a baseline avg of 73 daily deaths. This puts into perspective just how "abnormal" this year is, not there was ever any doubt. BTW, NYC death count as of 17:00 1 April is 1,374.

Screen Shot 03-31-20 at 10.07 AM.JPG

• Great Info 1

While the number of deaths in NYC and other major metropolitan areas are high, I was surprised when I saw this headline yesterday.

White House predicts 100,000 to 240,000 will die in US from coronavirus

"Dr. Deborah Birx , coordinator for the White House coronavirus task force, and Dr. Anthony Fauci said they are still projecting between 100,000 and 200,000 deaths in the U.S. with a peak in fatalities over the next two weeks. A slide presented at the press conference showed as many as 240,000 deaths."

I could very well be wrong, but those estimates seem awfully high. So high that I did some searching to find out how they came up with that range. That lead me to this article.

Models Of Epidemic Predict Huge U.S. Death Toll; Scientists Hope For Better Outcome

And this is a link to the model they used.

And from the second article I found this interesting bit...

The models – in particular, a model developed by Chris Murray, at the University of Washington – assume that the future of the epidemic will play out much like the recent past, Birx said. "If you ask Chris Murray, he would say he's using the information coming out of New York and New Jersey and applying that to potentially other states having the same outcomes."

Does anyone else see that as a bit far fetched to be applying data from NY and NJ to other states? For one, the very high infection and death rates are happening in densely populated urban centers in NY and NJ, but how can they justify extrapolating those outcomes to other states with less population density.

On the model page they have links to a description of the methods used in the model, and a FAQ page. I scanned each to see if they might be applying some type of weighting factor based on population density, which would give me more confidence in their projections, but didn't see any mention of such a factor.

The jury is still out on this of course, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if when the final numbers are tallied we can point back to this particular news conference and news headline as another example of fear mongering. Like we need that as it's plain to see in places like NYC the shit is really hitting the fan.

On 3/31/2020 at 1:59 AM, Evil Penevil said:

What's most striking are the two graphs which compare the U.S. and South Korea

What's most striking about the two graphs is that only one of them is per capita, the one that puts the data in the worst light.

Let's say the government wanted to test how much they could get away with regarding ordering mass house-arrest, ordering people not to work, and forcing people to go broke, before people erupted in mass insurrection.

How much different would that look from what we have now?

15 minutes ago, Rompho Ray said:

What's most striking about the two graphs is that only one of them is per capita, the one that puts the data in the worst light.

Good point. Found this site that lets you compare stats by country using a number of different measures.

Note: I've adjusted the timeline bar in the chart to match the end point in the chart Evil posted.

From Evil's post.

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.d381f3c4400ade3bad15284350771dbe.jpg

Edited by forcebwithu

13 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

So all but 28 of the Coronavirus linked deaths in the UK had underlying conditions.

And of the 28, how many had undetected underlying conditions?  That could whittle the number down a good bit more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rompho Ray said:

Let's say the government wanted to test how much they could get away with regarding ordering mass house-arrest, ordering people not to work, and forcing people to go broke, before people erupted in mass insurrection.

How much different would that look from what we have now?

Exactly this whole thing stinks....

Clipart of a Cartoon Stinky Pink Pig - Royalty Free Vector ...

Edited by fforest
  • Like 1