COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

Genuine question for those that still support the imposition of lockdowns and restrictions. 

We now have effective treatments that have greatly reduced the death rate of those who catch covid19. We also now have a vaccine that at the very least stops 95% of people who contract covid19 from expericing any severe symptoms. If that isn't enough to allow us to return to something close to normality, what is? 

I see a Filipino nurse gave the first jab of the vaccine..my uncle has a Filipino lady look after him in hes care home..she looks after him like hes family. Truly wonderful people who come to the uk and work in health care 👍

Edited by Washedup
Spelling
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Genuine question for those that still support the imposition of lockdowns and restrictions. 

We now have effective treatments that have greatly reduced the death rate of those who catch covid19. We also now have a vaccine that at the very least stops 95% of people who contract covid19 from expericing any severe symptoms. If that isn't enough to allow us to return to something close to normality, what is? 

The vaccination wont happen over night..plus January and February I always the worst months for the flu and NHS admissions, come Easter we'll be in a much better place 

38 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Don't worry mate....they will think up something else ..... they seem to thrive on the misery that this has caused to date..... the vaccine to them will be a set back for them to continually whine.

cheers

Edited by roobob
  • Thumbs Up 3

The current recommendations (3rd December) for the various therapeutics from the NIH.

Does anyone know which ones are available and the price from the pharmacy next to Tims?

image.png

https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines.nih.gov/therapeutic-management/

(For those who think there's now a pill I suggest you read the whole document including the links).

From memory, the US bought up the entire 2020 production of Remdesivir.

1 hour ago, Washedup said:

I see a Filipino nurse gave the first jab of the vaccine..my uncle has a Filipino lady look after him in hes care home..she looks after him like hes family. Truly wonderful people who come to the uk and work in health care 👍

And a lot of whom have died from Covid.

• Sad 1

Nurse: 'I can't walk away from here with the vaccine in my arm and think everything is going to be OK'

"We've got a long way to go. I have to walk into a ward full of COVID patients in three hours time."

Amid the celebrations - this is the warning from Ami Jones, an intensive care consultant in South Wales, who has had the COVID-19 vaccine this morning, writes Sky's Dan Whitehead.

"The hospitals are very busy - I can't walk away from here with the vaccine in my arm and think everything is going to be OK.

"We have lots of patients coming into the hospital every day - most of whom need ITU and they’re pretty young patients in their 40s, 50s, 60s and 70s with not much medical history. 

"So you think that could be my mum, that could be my sister. Sadly some of them are still dying."

• Great Info 1

40 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Nurse: 'I can't walk away from here with the vaccine in my arm and think everything is going to be OK'

"We've got a long way to go. I have to walk into a ward full of COVID patients in three hours time."

Amid the celebrations - this is the warning from Ami Jones, an intensive care consultant in South Wales, who has had the COVID-19 vaccine this morning, writes Sky's Dan Whitehead.

"The hospitals are very busy - I can't walk away from here with the vaccine in my arm and think everything is going to be OK.

"We have lots of patients coming into the hospital every day - most of whom need ITU and they’re pretty young patients in their 40s, 50s, 60s and 70s with not much medical history. 

"So you think that could be my mum, that could be my sister. Sadly some of them are still dying."

Going to be a few harsh months to come..Wales seems to be getting hit bad 

4 hours ago, Washedup said:

The oxford/ AstraZeneca vaccine is safe and effective, giving good protection, researchers have confirmed in The Lancet Journal.

You should read again .....

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/08/oxford-astrazeneca-covid-vaccine-has-70-efficacy-full-trial-data-shows

So from 95% we are now down to 60 / 70.

Considering about 30 % people dont want to be vaccinated :

100 people x o,7 = 70. Of those 70 only 70% will be protected = 49

Time to stop drinking the coolaid and be realistic.

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Washedup said:

The vaccination wont happen over night..plus January and February I always the worst months for the flu and NHS admissions, come Easter we'll be in a much better place 

Jan and Feb always see the NHS under pressure. Is this a pandemic or a crisis in the NHS? If this a crisis in the NHS then the rest of the country should not be made to suffer. Once the first batch of 'at risk' people are vaccinated the restrictions must be lifted immediately. The restrictions are causing more harm than good. 

12 hours ago, roobob said:

Don't worry mate....they will think up something else ..... they seem to thrive on the misery that this has caused to date..... the vaccine to them will be a set back for them to continually whine.

cheers

It really seems that way. What really is worrying is that we are being dictated to by unelected scientists and medical 'professionals'. If you dare question any of their decisions you are some kind of David Icke conspiracy theorist wackjob. We have effective theraputic treatments and a working vaccine, time to get on with things. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dcfc2007 said:

Jan and Feb always see the NHS under pressure. Is this a pandemic or a crisis in the NHS? If this a crisis in the NHS then the rest of the country should not be made to suffer. Once the first batch of 'at risk' people are vaccinated the restrictions must be lifted immediately. The restrictions are causing more harm than good. 

It really seems that way. What really is worrying is that we are being dictated to by unelected scientists and medical 'professionals'. If you dare question any of their decisions you are some kind of David Icke conspiracy theorist wackjob. We have effective theraputic treatments and a working vaccine, time to get on with things. 

But the vaccine/s have also been developed by unelected scientists and experts. If we are being dictated to, it is by politicians who are making decisions based on science and economics. We all have our opinions, but none of us are either politicians or scientific experts. 

David Icke is a seasoned conspiracy theorist and has a history of opinions about dozens of issues, Covid being the most recent. 

When all of this is over, assuming it will be, then no doubt there will be a post mortem on how C19 was handled globally.  For now, there is an urgency to get a vaccine rolled out and perhaps effective treatments for severe cases of the virus. 

It has been a balancing act between safety and the economies World wide, with some governments varying the ways in which they have handled the pandemic, including that which has been within their means. 

If governments had done nothing and just told people to get on with their lives as normal, we have no idea what the rest of that may have been.  It seems clear to me that many governments reacted too late. South Korea have dealt with Covid quite well, especially with their tracking systems, plus of course a willingness from the majority of its population to cooperate. 

All senior politicians rely on experts for advice, whether Scientific, Economic, Defence and so on. 

Giving the first vaccine to a 90 y old person is 100% pure political P.R.

Strategically it doesn't make sense. This shot would have been of more use for a first line nurse.

It's called "triage" and it is the normal practice in every war or disaster management. 

Light wounded : on the side, they can wait

Deadly wounded : considering their low survival chance, no point to waste resources on that group, a morphine shot to lessen their suffering.

Concentrate the resources on those who really have a chance to be saved.

Between a 90y and a 45y old, if you have the resources to save only 1, the choice is easy. You save the 45 y old.

Edited by Thai Spice

7 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Strategically it doesn't make sense. This shot would have been of more use for a first line nurse.

It's called "triage" and it is the normal practice in every war or disaster management. 

Deadly wounded : considering their low survival chance, no point to waste resources on that group, a morphine shot to lessen their suffering.

Between a 90y and a 45y old, if you have the resources to save only 1, the choice is easy. You save the 45 y old.

But it's the 90yo folk who are dying along with the 80yo, 70yo.

Read the thread, to a 45yo it's just like a cold if anything at all. Well that's what some people post.

• Thumbs Up 2

29 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

It's the people at highest risk first,  along with the frontline workers ( both of which were being vaccinated today )  .... seems obvious to me ... the 45 year olds aren't in the high risk category, unless they have underlying conditions, which will push them up the list ...

it was the same with the flu shots this year , my Dad had his a full month before mine was available, but he's 82 and therefore more vulnerable 

Edited by Stillearly
  • Thumbs Up 6

2 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

It's the people at highest risk first along with the frontline workers ( both of which were being vaccinated today )  .... seems obvious to me ... the 45 year olds aren't in the high risk category, unless they have underlying conditions, which will push them up the list ...

Most the highest death rates in the UK have been within care homes and the elderly.  Not only that but most of those have not been able to have visits from their families. 

The government has issued a list of priority groups for the first wave of the vaccine, so I don't see it so much as political but a statement to show that vaccination has began. If she drops dead in a week, as a result, that is another matter. 

18 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

No chance of those highly paid government advisors ending the gravy train anytime soon. 

_115965651_telegraph.jpg

10 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

You should read again .....

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/08/oxford-astrazeneca-covid-vaccine-has-70-efficacy-full-trial-data-shows

So from 95% we are now down to 60 / 70.

Considering about 30 % people dont want to be vaccinated :

100 people x o,7 = 70. Of those 70 only 70% will be protected = 49

Time to stop drinking the coolaid and be realistic.

Well ill go to the foot of our stairs 

9 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

But the vaccine/s have also been developed by unelected scientists and experts. If we are being dictated to, it is by politicians who are making decisions based on science and economics. We all have our opinions, but none of us are either politicians or scientific experts. 

David Icke is a seasoned conspiracy theorist and has a history of opinions about dozens of issues, Covid being the most recent. 

When all of this is over, assuming it will be, then no doubt there will be a post mortem on how C19 was handled globally.  For now, there is an urgency to get a vaccine rolled out and perhaps effective treatments for severe cases of the virus. 

It has been a balancing act between safety and the economies World wide, with some governments varying the ways in which they have handled the pandemic, including that which has been within their means. 

If governments had done nothing and just told people to get on with their lives as normal, we have no idea what the rest of that may have been.  It seems clear to me that many governments reacted too late. South Korea have dealt with Covid quite well, especially with their tracking systems, plus of course a willingness from the majority of its population to cooperate. 

All senior politicians rely on experts for advice, whether Scientific, Economic, Defence and so on. 

A balancing act? 

Are you fucking kidding me? 

What's balanced about it. Most of us a still suffering under an arbitrary lockdown, jobs are being lost, more lives are being lost to other untreated illnesses, and yet again working class people are suffering the most. 

The middle class types can afford to work from home, no skin off their nose, and it isn't these scientists and bureaucrats on six figure salaries trying to come up with excuses to tell their kids why santa Claus is coming this year. 

We have theraputic treatments, we have a vaccine, excess deaths are no great cause for concern. 

Now is the time to get on with life. 

If people like you want to his behind the sofa, fine. But you should not be allowed to hold the rest of society back from functioning. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, galenkia said:

No chance of those highly paid government advisors ending the gravy train anytime soon. 

_115965651_telegraph.jpg

Power is a hell of a drug. These faceless bureaucrats like Von Tam and Whitty were nobodies until covid came along. Now they have 66 million dancing on strings.

Do you think they are seriously going to give it up so easily... Not a chance. Meanwhile, it's the working class poor who are suffering most.

All those retail and hospitality jobs that are being lost, those people live hand to mouth and now they have had their livelihood destroyed. But hey, at least they are 'protecting the NHS'. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1