COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

21 hours ago, roomark said:

I wouldn't put any money on that in this whole shit show.

Losing my patience with the lot of the pricks now.

It's just as Brexit was, a lot of posturing, my Da's bigger than your Da, playing tough to their domestic audiences when elections are coming, especially Macron. Then a deal gets done, same as Brexit!

BREAKINGUK and EU working to create 'win-win' situation amid vaccine row

The UK and EU have said they are working on creating a "win-win" situation and to expand vaccine supply for all citizens, as the row involving demand for the Oxford/AstraZeneca jab continues.

The UK government and European Commission have just released a joint statement.

“We are all facing the same pandemic and the third wave makes co-operation between the EU and UK even more important," it reads.

"We have been discussing what more we can do to ensure a reciprocally beneficial relationship between the UK and EU on Covid-19.

"Given our interdependencies, we are working on specific steps we can take - in the short-, medium - and long term - to create a win-win situation and expand vaccine supply for all our citizens.

"In the end, openness and global co-operation of all countries will be key to finally overcome this pandemic and ensure better preparation for meeting future challenges.

"We will continue our discussions.”

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This was in the Huffington Post earlier today:

President of the European Commission Ursula von der Leyen said "open roads should run in both directions", adding: "The EU has an excellent portfolio of different vaccines and we have secured more than enough doses for the entire population.
"But we have to ensure timely and sufficient vaccine deliveries to EU citizens. Every day counts."

Is she on drugs or what?

2 hours ago, thumper63 said:

The sad part is that I know folks with that same type of mentality

Nothing new, as kids when we had a jab, we were allowed to dip our fingers into a jar of Dolly Mixtures (small sweets) and take one, or two if you thought the nurse wasn’t looking. 🤗

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, KhunDon said:

Nothing new, as kids when we had a jab, we were allowed to dip our fingers into a jar of Dolly Mixtures (small sweets) and take one, or two if you thought the nurse wasn’t looking. 🤗

And the polio vaccine, you may remember was give to us on a sugar cube!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

52 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

And the polio vaccine, you may remember was give to us on a sugar cube!

Yes I remember that well. Especially as we never had sugar before that in our house. ☹️
Mum made us brush our teeth when we told her about the sugar cube. 🤣

Also back then, you never had one needle per kid, they used the same needle for a line of kids and only changed it when a child passed out due to the pain as the nurse tried to puncture the skin with, what was basically a blunt nail. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Surprised 1

Here's a photo from Facebook, taken by a fellow leaving Vancouver for BKK yesterday - he said these were passengers, with only about 50+ total on the JAL flight. Imagine being bundled up like this for the whole trip - some people's paranoia knows no bounds...

.165140211_3015142548713487_6411808846254827606_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Surprised 1

Don't know if this is true, but if so -

Dark web bursting with COVID-19 vaccines, vaccine passports

Researchers saw listings increase 300% in the last three months.

‘Tired of waiting to get your vaccine appointment? For just $500, you could get a COVID-19 vaccine dose tomorrow (overnight shipping not included). Too rich for your blood? How about a vaccination card for just $150?

Security researchers have seen a spike in listings on dark web marketplaces in recent weeks. The sites are advertising everything from vaccine doses to falsified vaccine certifications and negative test results. Currently, more than 1,200 listings are offering a variety of vaccines, including Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca, Sputnik, and Sinopharm.’

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2021/03/dark-web-bursting-with-covid-19-vaccines-vaccine-passports/

I have felt terrible since Wednesday after my second jab

Slept for most of the day, yesterday and now woken at 3am and can't sleep. That said,I feel well again, but my body clock is all over the place.  The first jab hardly gave me any side effects. I had to buy my own donuts as well. 

No rhyme nor reason why some people are effected and others not. Think I will watch a film and hope to continue sleeping. Been having extremely vivid and realistic dreams. 

I was just reading about Bojos proposal of No vaccine, No drink etc for pubs. They will be full of the elderly and infirmed for the first few months if that gets the go ahead 😁😁, All I have been given is an NHS card with hand written details on the other side, with name, batch number and vaccination dates. Very easy to forge I suspect, with a decent scanner and printer. 

20210326_035724.jpg

20210326_035756.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Here's a photo from Facebook, taken by a fellow leaving Vancouver for BKK yesterday - he said these were passengers, with only about 50+ total on the JAL flight. Imagine being bundled up like this for the whole trip - some people's paranoia knows no bounds.

Similar garb on these guys in a picture I took in Dubai airport just over a year ago.

dxb covid.jpg

7 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

No rhyme nor reason why some people are effected and others not. Think I will watch a film and hope to continue sleeping. Been having extremely vivid and realistic dreams. 

Seems to be the case when you catch the virus as well,some get mild symptoms & some expire.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Slept for most of the day, yesterday and now woken at 3am and can't sleep. That said,I feel well again, but my body clock is all over the place.  The first jab hardly gave me any side effects. I had to buy my own donuts as well. 

I was just reading about Bojos proposal of No vaccine, No drink etc for pubs. They will be full of the elderly and infirmed for the first few months if that gets the go ahead 😁😁, All I have been given is an NHS card with hand written details on the other side, with name, batch number and vaccination dates. Very easy to forge I suspect, with a decent scanner and printer. 

20210326_035724.jpg

20210326_035756.jpg

It'll be digital, some sort of app or QR code.

If you check on your online Patient access, on your medical record, it's already there. This is on mine, and my 2nd jab on 7th will then also go on. I assume it will be used to confirm/validate via your NHS number, DOB onto an app, QR code or similar -

COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine Pfizer-BioNTech BNT162b2 30micrograms/0.3ml dose concentrate for suspension for injection multidose vials (Pfizer Ltd)

1 by Intramuscular Injection

20 Jan 2021

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Krapow said:

It'll be digital, some sort of app or QR code.

If you check on your online Patient access, on your medical record, it's already there.

Only for people whose GPs give them online access to their medical records. Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

20210326_035724.jpg

20210326_035756.jpg

I wouldn't worry about it. Way too hard to police and enforce, plus most staff in bars and restaurants are no where near been ready to be called for their 1st injection as they are too young! It will still be all through the "NHS Track and trace app" for when they open on the 12th April or 17th May date!

7 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Really?

I thought it was a England wide thing.

You can't do it through this?

https://www.patientaccess.com/

Thanks for that. The neanderthals at my GP do not allow you to message them, nor let you see your records. This message comes up if you try:

Sorry, your practice does not offer this service.

However, I double-checked before posting this, and I can now access my records, but they show only my (first) Covid jab.

3 minutes ago, Bazle said:

Thanks for that. The neanderthals at my GP do not allow you to message them, nor let you see your records. This message comes up if you try:

Sorry, your practice does not offer this service.

However, I double-checked before posting this, and I can now access my records, but they show only my (first) Covid jab.

When was your 2nd?