COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

1 hour ago, roobob said:

I have had the same stance from Day 1 and have already given the answer a few times already on this topic so no need to again repeat it as it is all there. I may be mistaken but off the top of my head it may have been also mentioned /answered when we exchanged posts at different times before when giving our views on the lockdown process.

cheers

On 4/20/2021 at 6:13 PM, roobob said:

The only way out of this mess is to get on with life....learn to live with the virus

So this is the alternative, the only way in fact?

Get on with life and learn to live with the virus.

Didn't they try that in Sweden, how did it work out?

How's that working out in India, Brazil, South Africa...?

Cancer - get on with life, learn to live with it.

Coronary disease - get on with life, learn to live with it.

Alzheimer's - get on with life, learn to live with it.

Motor Neuron Disease - get on with life, learn to live with it.

HIV/AIDS - get on with life, learn to live with it.

Stroke - get on with life, learn to live with it.

COPD - get on with life, learn to live with it.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

How can anyone be totally confident of that?

Well you would have to hope that the ones who have been making all these decisions for more than a year from the information they get from  all the medical and scientific experts that after vaccination that would be the ultimate aim surely. Lets see... time will tell.  

cheers

Edited by roobob

7 minutes ago, Krapow said:

So what's happening in India at the moment then, is it all just lies and made up in your world, is it all just crisis actors or some other shite?

People who post & believe that a "no mask" "no lockdown" "no vaccine" strategy works -- ought to go work in a Covid ward at their local hospital for one shift. Or better yet, fly to India and help with the cremations.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Horizondave said:

It's important to know that a strong immune system will not prevent you from contracting COVID-19. SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is a novel pathogen, meaning those who contract it have no existing antibodies to mount a defense.

If so, I am confused. I have had both shots and I would think my immune system is fully able to mount a strong defense.

This is a very needed to protect the unvaccinated form those who have had the vaccine.....The vaccinated need their own separate section to keep the unvaccinated safe......Its good to see the baseball owners thinking ahead.....

Dodgers Baseball The fully vaccinated-only seats........ 

3 hours ago, Mrmango said:

If so, I am confused. I have had both shots and I would think my immune system is fully able to mount a strong defense.

You are right.

My comment, which is a quote from a journal, is related to a situation before vaccines and directly related to the picture I responded to.

If that guy has had both vaccines then indeed his immune system will put in a strong defence but I doubt that is the case or why it was posted.  Also you can still have a small chance of contracting Covid after both vaccines although you are unlikely to suffer severe symptoms (you could be asymptomatic) and masks are still required so as not to pass the virus on to those who have not had the vaccine.

Edited by Horizondave

5 hours ago, boydeste said:

Now I am even more dissapointed, so after all of our debate, you write 60 plus words of excuses, instead of simply giving an answer, that tells me all I need to know.   :default_1087:

Time for me to move on down the road as someone used to say! :default_fun:

yes, but that + 60 year old geezer also said he could still dunk a basketball with either hand. Maybe true standing on a 3-foot ladder.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Boris says there won't be a 3rd lockdown....

11770663-7237-45DA-97B0-40A83903C95A.jpeg

Boris has denied it so it must be true.

London: British Prime Minister Boris Johnson dismissed as “total rubbish” a press report which
quoted him as allegedly saying he would rather see “bodies pile high in their thousands” than
impose a third national lockdown on the country.

Britain’s Prime Minister Boris Johnson visits Llandudno in Wales,  as he campaigns on behalf of the Conservative Party for local elections.

Aged 42 and above can now get the vaccine in the UK, just booked the missus in for Thursday at a local pharmacy, 2nd one in July. Added bonus both be fully vaccinated before our hopeful holiday end of July, make things easier both going and when back!

• Like 1

Just 19 days to go in UK until restaurants and Public Houses are allowed to fully reopen. I suspect that during the first couple of weeks,  there will be a surge of customers, but will taper off as we get used to some normality.

That said, and rightfully, there will still be some precautions and social distancing required as it was when restrictions were previously listed. I am looking forward to booking a table at my local Mc Donalds 😁😁

• Like 1