COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

13 minutes ago, Atticus said:

On the advice of a BM here I took Ivermectin and got a sore throat. I went to my doctor and said 'Doc, is it serious?' He said 'Naaaaaaaaaaay laddie, you're just a little horse. But to be on the safe side it is best if you hoof it down to the horsepital'

So off I trotted and now I'm sat in the examining room with my legs up in stirrups and a fecking doctors arm up my arse. To make it worse the cnuts name is Dr. Herriot :default_fing23:

As in.... James Herriot ?         555555555555 !

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Atticus said:

On the advice of a BM here I took Ivermectin and got a sore throat. I went to my doctor and said 'Doc, is it serious?' He said 'Naaaaaaaaaaay laddie, you're just a little horse. But to be on the safe side it is best if you hoof it down to the horsepital'

So off I trotted and now I'm sat in the examining room with my legs up in stirrups and a fecking doctors arm up my arse. To make it worse the cnuts name is Dr. Herriot :default_fing23:

I trust your condition is stable. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I trust your condition is stable. 

Yes, condition stable. I'm not ready for the knackers yard yet but they don't want me galloping out of here just yet. It will be a while before I feel like strapping the old feedbag on and I have been warned I am at increased risk of Hay fever.

I'll get me donkey jacket...:default_527:

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, roobob said:

Some more information on the use of Ivermectin....seems some of our resident experts should get the blinkers off and acknowledge that there are other tools available to fight this virus along with/other than  vaccines.

🤣🤣 That would be you. 🌝👎

10 hours ago, roobob said:

Why do you keep going on about the author?

Why do you not look at the content???

cheers

Because the "content" is a letter to the editor of some small town newspaper written under a false name pushing Ivermectin. There are also 2 books authored under the same false name which push Ivermectin as well. The author tries to lend some credibility by referencing a dubious study of Ivermectin published in an obscure journal.

I like to check the veracity of such articles but the use of the false name prevents the checking of the author's credentials.

There ya go. Content looked at.

I see that Tess Lawrie, author of the dubious study mentioned above, has embraced the digital begging bowl and started a gofundme page.

image.png

image.png

And what do we know about The Evidence-based Medicine Consultancy Ltd.

Ownership

There are currently people with significant control at EVIDENCE-BASED MEDICINE CONSULTANCY LTD. MARK CAINE LAWRIE owns 25 ORDINARY shares, with a value of 1.000000 GBP each. THERESA ANNE LAWRIE owns 75 ORDINARY shares, with a value of 1.000000 GBP each.

Anything else?

Employees

EVIDENCE-BASED MEDICINE CONSULTANCY LTD currently employees 2 people. The management level consists of 50.00% of non-manager level, 50.00% of director level.

And who are these employees?

Mark Lawrie Company Secretary Non-Manager

Theresa Lawrie Director

So a gofundme page trying to raise 100,000 GBP to benefit Mark and Tess Lawrie.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, fygjam said:

Because the "content" is a letter to the editor of some small town newspaper written under a false name pushing Ivermectin. There are also 2 books authored under the same false name which push Ivermectin as well. The author tries to lend some credibility by referencing a dubious study of Ivermectin published in an obscure journal.

I like to check the veracity of such articles but the use of the false name prevents the checking of the author's credentials.

There ya go. Content looked at.

I see that Tess Lawrie, author of the dubious study mentioned above, has embraced the digital begging bowl and started a gofundme page.

image.png

image.png

And what do we know about The Evidence-based Medicine Consultancy Ltd.

Ownership

There are currently people with significant control at EVIDENCE-BASED MEDICINE CONSULTANCY LTD. MARK CAINE LAWRIE owns 25 ORDINARY shares, with a value of 1.000000 GBP each. THERESA ANNE LAWRIE owns 75 ORDINARY shares, with a value of 1.000000 GBP each.

Anything else?

Employees

EVIDENCE-BASED MEDICINE CONSULTANCY LTD currently employees 2 people. The management level consists of 50.00% of non-manager level, 50.00% of director level.

And who are these employees?

Mark Lawrie Company Secretary Non-Manager

Theresa Lawrie Director

So a gofundme page trying to raise 100,000 GBP to benefit Mark and Tess Lawrie.

A gofundme page was raised...so what..... you do not have to make a contribution if you do not desire or anyone else for that matter. I see you purposely left out the reason for the funding...not surprising there...lol

cheers

46 minutes ago, roobob said:

A gofundme page was raised...so what..... you do not have to make a contribution if you do not desire or anyone else for that matter. I see you purposely left out the reason for the funding...not surprising there...lol

cheers

Once people have had the jab they sure don't want to hear about Ivermectin or any other treatments for that matter..They are to invested...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fforest said:

Once people have had the jab they sure don't want to hear about Ivermectin or any other treatments for that matter..They are to invested...

I have been vaccinated, but that does not mean that I care any less about other people and the continued spread of the Virus which still affects us all. The vaccines do not guarantee 100% immunisation. But the main vaccines that are available have been passed and tested. 

From what I have read, here and of my own research, Ivermectin has not been properly tested for the use of treating Covid symptoms, yet it appears that it is  not only being promoted , largely on Social Media, but particularly in USA, and there are a growing number of people getting hold of it, as its available for mainly horses, unless prescribed to treat certain other conditions that the FDA have passed for its use in humans

It may well be effective in part of treatment for Covid patients, but I am not sure that it is yet a vaccine alternative or replacement of the vaccine. If there becomes evidence that Ivermectin taken when not infected will eliminate Covid symptoms, that is another matter, but there is no firm evidence of that as yet. 

As a vaccinated person, I have no regrets about my personal choice and no reason to believe that it has caused any damaged to me thus far. However, I am sure that I will need boosters in the near future. If other proven alternatives become available in the future that sidecar with the vaccine, and I got a breakthrough infection, then that would be excellent 

My two main concerns about the Covid pandemic, are firstly the continued spread and increasing infections rates of the Delta variant around the World, and secondly the effects that it will have on health systems, mortalities, economies and freedom of travel throughout the world. 

That does not mean that Medical professionals, scientists, viroligists. Pharmas etc should not continue to research existing drugs as well as develop new drugs than can be effectively used for the treatment of severe Covid infections. 

But what I don't get is, that people who refuse tested and approved Covid vaccines, are prepared to put untested and unapproved drugs into their bodies, without knowing the correct dosage, regularity and possible side effects and which is primarily used to treat Heart worm in horses. And in some cases chose to visit a Vet rather than a doctor

Well I guess that is their choice, but personally, vaccinated or not, I would not consider taking it myself unless it was tested and proven by drug regulators as safe to use. 

Yes there have  seen some jokes made here about Invermectin and its relation to horses which I find quite amusing and not surprising. Just as many antivaxxers describe those who have been vaccinated as "sheep" then why not describe those who take Invermectin as horses 😁😁😁 Just a bit of fun and light relief to the topic. Just a bit of horse play, as it were

Yours Sincerely

Mister Ed

• Like 4

2 hours ago, roobob said:

cheers

The "reason" is irrelevant. It's what the organizer writes to try and get the money flowing. There is no requirement to direct any money raised to the "reason".

The beneficiary in this case is a private company wholly controlled by the Lawries so the Lawries get the money. If they wanted transparency why not make a trust fund the beneficiary with independent trustees?

As the last donation was 20 hours ago I take it you didn't donate either.

5 minutes ago, fygjam said:

The "reason" is irrelevant. It's what the organizer writes to try and get the money flowing. There is no requirement to direct any money raised to the "reason".

The beneficiary in this case is a private company wholly controlled by the Lawries so the Lawries get the money. If they wanted transparency why not make a trust fund the beneficiary with independent trustees?

A fair point

With the rush last year to get a vaccine out to fight the China virus, the early adopters were wittingly, or unwittingly part of a large test group. Fortunately for them, and for the majority of us that don't have a problem with taking a vaccine, the vaccine has proven to be safe and very effective.

Now we're left with a small, but very vocal minority who doubt the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine. Seems to me we have have a ready made pool of test subjects for determining if Ivermectin really is an effective alternative to a vaccine. I say corral them up, send them down the chute and give them Ivermectin to prove once and for all if Ivermectin is, or is not, safe and effective against the China virus. In their mind it worked in a petri dish, so it's got to be safe and effective for humans.

Let 'm have at it I say because it'll be interesting to see just how many are nothing more than windbags. Think it's time for the antivaxxer crowd to put up or shut up.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Let 'm have at it I say because it'll be interesting to see just how many are nothing more than windbags.

Over 95% of them I'd say are just piss and wind. 

Empty vessels creating noise to try and blur what's become transparent that the vaccines work, and evidence based decision making is preferable to the modern version of listening to the bloke down the pub.

I've seen the small UK demo's in London, small bunch of angry white blokes. Several of these I recognise from the Brexit marches. They've figured out where Trafalgar Square is, and know showing up there gets them publicity- totally out of proportion with their numbers.

Look slightly deeper at the majority of the UK anti vax, crowd and almost without exception their "wider beliefs", embrace antisemitism.

COVID is just a convenient bandwagon for these scumbags to recruit followers, and for the leaders to enrich themselves.

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, fygjam said:

lol....you talk about transparency ...lol. You have a shot at someone for opening a gofundme page but you do not even put up the reason why the page was open...lol

Oh dear...we now have the gofundme policeman on the forum.

lol...Gold...pure gold...lol

cheers

Edited by roobob

As previously noted in this topic. Oxford University have added a clinical trials and further research into the effectiveness of Ivermectin as a Covid treatment drug. 

It began in late June this year. No need for gofundme funded research. Oxford University are doing the job at no direct expense to the public and receive government funding as far as I am aware. 

Perhaps Tess Lawrie and Co can collaborate with Oxford University?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lemondropkid said:

Over 95% of them I'd say are just piss and wind. 

Empty vessels creating noise to try and blur what's become transparent that the vaccines work, and evidence based decision making is preferable to the modern version of listening to the bloke down the pub.

I've seen the small UK demo's in London, small bunch of angry white blokes. Several of these I recognise from the Brexit marches. They've figured out where Trafalgar Square is, and know showing up there gets them publicity- totally out of proportion with their numbers.

Look slightly deeper at the majority of the UK anti vax, crowd and almost without exception their "wider beliefs", embrace antisemitism.

COVID is just a convenient bandwagon for these scumbags to recruit followers, and for the leaders to enrich themselves.

We should also be aware that many of the online Antivaxxer social media and websites that are promoting disinformation are making millions of dollars out of it and the advertising that goes with it, whilst at the same time attacking big Parmas for profitting  out of Covid vaccines. 

Bottom feeders praying on peoples misery or fears. The more followers they get, the more money they generate to line their pockets

https://news.sky.com/story/how-covid-conspiracists-and-anti-vaxxers-are-getting-organised-and-making-money-12206707

https://publicintegrity.org/health/coronavirus-and-inequality/spreading-fears-cashing-in-anti-vaccine/

https://www.codastory.com/waronscience/social-media-profit-pandemic-antivax/

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2021/jan/30/facebook-letting-fake-news-spreaders-profit-investigators-claim

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/24/technology/joseph-mercola-coronavirus-misinformation-online.html

• Like 3

There are lots more treatments now for Covid that we didn't have/know about a couple of years ago, mainly due to it being a novel virus. 

Do your own research I hear the cry, perhaps some on this thread should take a leaf outta their own book, as to say there are no other treatments but the vaccines nor will there be, is complete ignorance, but not surprising In the least considering who's saying it 😉 

Edited by Krapow

18 hours ago, fygjam said:

Of course. It's called evidence based medicine. Don't you believe in it? I do!

17 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Though this is understandable, please beware. The FDA’s job is to carefully evaluate the scientific data on a drug to be sure that it is both safe and effective for a particular use, and then to decide whether or not to approve it.

Evidence based and FDA (or other countries equivalent) approval may be the Gold Standard but we should not ignore other options.  With the emergency use approval leading to mass vaccination we have already taken a big step off the usual path, with no great dissent from the masses as it's been for the common good.

Epidemiology experts have already proposed changes to the vaccine program rules based on years of experience and their knowledge of how vaccines work, like changing the period between jabs and mixing jab types.  These have both turned out to work well, despite the naysayers who wanted to stick by the "rules" with no variation.  Remember the three week rule came about because it was the shortest period permitted for trials, not because it was medically the best approach!

I would think in most occupations it would bear true that on the job experience can be worth its weight in gold.

I'm not saying Invermectin is any good against Covid, and if it is it probably won't need horse sized doses, but ruling it out because it's not approved by overseers going by the book is short sighted, especially if there are indeed experts recommending it based on what they have learned during their careers.

Too many on here seem to think it's political - please take that argument to where it belongs.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Krapow said:

There are lots more treatments now for Covid that we didn't have/know about a couple of years ago, mainly due to it being a novel virus. 

Do your own research I hear the cry, perhaps some on this thread should take a leaf outta their own book, as to say there are no other treatments but the vaccines nor will there be, is complete ignorance, but not surprising In the least considering who's saying it 😉 

Veklury (Remdesivir) is an antiviral drug approved for use in adults and pediatric patients [12 years of age and older and weighing at least 40 kilograms (about 88 pounds)] for the treatment of COVID-19 requiring hospitalization.

. . .

Know Your Treatment Options for COVID-19

https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/know-your-treatment-options-covid-19

• Like 1

On 8/29/2021 at 3:17 AM, fforest said:

France

What they don't show, at these rally video clips, is the collection tins that are constantly passed around and the appeals for online donations. 

A great little earner for the organisers who do little work for big financial rewards. 

Get a mob together at their own expense and get them excited online.  Let's say if just 500 turn up, and donate just £5 in cash on average, then that is £2500 for a few hours work. Probably at least double that in PayPal contributions. 

The organisers of these events are cashing in on COVID-19 which has become a lucrative business for promoters of Antivax. 

Soon, if not already, they will be selling antivax merchandise. Caps, T shirts, banners etc, made in China and sold for 5 times the cost. Another  nice little earner and lambs to the slaughter 

• Like 2