COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

1 hour ago, Bazle said:

Make that a double whoosh! I don't get it either. 🙁

Maybe I need to explain my comment as I was understanding that any face covering should be acceptable, it doesn't specifically have to be a face mask and the covering being worn is a face covering. I also just suggested there might be an alternative reason why he was refused entry, that was the bit that was just a bit of a joke, fell flat that part..

What is interesting is that up until recently, we were not allowed to wear face coverings in banks, including cycle helmets etc for security reasons. Now I believe it is mandatory.

However, I would imagine that because any armed robbers would have to wait in a queue to enter first 😄

4 hours ago, fforest said:

Some people just do not like the social distancing plastic screens.....

Or maybe they got a bad happy meal....

Black Lives expressing their opinion.....

Of course the fact that the staff behind the counter is white only doesn't help ...

30 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Sometimes the outcome is a little different... 👨‍✈️
Black officers wearing pandemic masks:

The woman actually assaulted the police officer first. "Assault" is the threat of physical harm or an attempt to cause harm or injury to another person. "Battery" is usually the actual harm. i.e. the officer punching the woman.

If he would have bitch slapped the c*nt instead of punching her, he'd probably still have his job. 555

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steelers4Life said:

The woman actually assaulted the police officer first. "Assault" is the threat of physical harm or an attempt to cause harm or injury to another person. "Battery" is usually the actual harm. i.e. the officer punching the woman.

If he would have bitch slapped the c*nt instead of punching her, he'd probably still have his job. 555

yeah...I read the story...

A Miami-Dade officer who struck a woman at an airport will be terminated, officials say

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/02/us/miami-dade-police-officer-struck-woman-airport/index.html

• Like 1

I was out in Belfast City centre on Saturday night. The place was a ghost town, other than a few bars that looked busy, but of course they would look busy at half capacity. There's going to be a bloodbath of businesses going bust. UK economy may not recover until 2024.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

I was out in Belfast City centre on Saturday night. The place was a ghost town, other than a few bars that looked busy, but of course they would look busy at half capacity. There's going to be a bloodbath of businesses going bust. UK economy may not recover until 2024.

The town is pretty busy but the local pubs still look quiet. Even when it was sunny there was few people sitting outside. 

4 minutes ago, galenkia said:

The town is pretty busy but the local pubs still look quiet. Even when it was sunny there was few people sitting outside. 

My aunt has a barbershop, she had three haircuts all day last Friday. People are avoiding high streets and town centres, people don't want to queue in the pouring rain, mandatory wearing of masks will only make things worse. This is going to be the nail in the coffin of so many small, and independent retailers, and businesses. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I went to a pub in Bromley with some friends on Friday night. 

We got there early just before 7. Before lockdown it was a very busy place and nowhere to sit quite often. 

We walked in and got a table straight away and downloaded their app to order drinks which came in 5 minutes. Plenty of people in the beer garden. By about 9pm it was full and felt completely normal.  I noticed that by that time that there were a few queuing at the entrance as they were obviously doing a head count of occupancy and those leaving. 

In my local area, nearly all of the pubs are open but without going inside, hard to know how busy they were. Restaurants are open, most of them and yesterday night I drove through town centre. Lot of traffic and felt like normal

Things are picking up, more people going back into work, DIY stores open, garages, shops, almost everything except for Nightclubs and Cinemas.

In London there are some real signs of things getting back to how they were

I have not been to the West end but I am sure that will be much quieter than before with absence of tourists at what is normally a busy time. I bet many of the West End businesses have felt the pinch and the overheads are expensive in Westminster

• Surprised 1

5 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I went to a pub in Bromley with some friends on Friday night. 

We got there early just before 7. Before lockdown it was a very busy place and nowhere to sit quite often. 

We walked in and got a table straight away and downloaded their app to order drinks which came in 5 minutes. Plenty of people in the beer garden. By about 9pm it was full and felt completely normal.  I noticed that by that time that there were a few queuing at the entrance as they were obviously doing a head count of occupancy and those leaving. 

In my local area, nearly all of the pubs are open but without going inside, hard to know how busy they were. Restaurants are open, most of them and yesterday night I drove through town centre. Lot of traffic and felt like normal

Things are picking up, more people going back into work, DIY stores open, garages, shops, almost everything except for Nightclubs and Cinemas.

In London there are some real signs of things getting back to how they were

I have not been to the West end but I am sure that will be much quieter than before with absence of tourists at what is normally a busy time. I bet many of the West End businesses have felt the pinch and the overheads are expensive in Westminster

High street footfall has dropped by 65 per cent and could lead to 250,000 jobs being axed by struggling retailers.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8516725/amp/Shoppers-continue-stay-away-high-street-footfall-65-year-year-June.html

They also estimate the economy will shrink by 11.5% this year, worse than the 8% they predicted only a month ago.

Consumers have been more cautious than expected, they said, while low business investment will dampen growth.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53552494

LOL 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, dcfc2007 said:

High street footfall has dropped by 65 per cent and could lead to 250,000 jobs being axed by struggling retailers.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8516725/amp/Shoppers-continue-stay-away-high-street-footfall-65-year-year-June.html

They also estimate the economy will shrink by 11.5% this year, worse than the 8% they predicted only a month ago.

Consumers have been more cautious than expected, they said, while low business investment will dampen growth.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53552494

LOL 

I am sure there is no doubt at all that the economy has been hit hard and many businesses have gone bust and thousands of people out of work or still furloughed etc

I think it will take a generation to recover completely. The same applies to many countries around the world that introduced lockdown measures in response to Covid 19. 

But compared to just 8 weeks ago,  it's at least feeling as if we moving on and people are gradually starting to live normal lives again. Not everyone maybe.

It's not over yet and of course Social distancing and the wearing of masks is still in force.  There are still areas in UK and Europe where there have been micro spikes of cases.

I feel optimistic, although cautious, and we simply don't know yet whether the Virus will remain low during Autumn and winter.