What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

About to head off to the car wash having just finished checking the tyres; topped up the water in the screen washers and all other fluid/oil levels. All okay so set for my 660klm drive back to Bangsaray/Pattaya later this week.

The car wash is the best value for money 120 baht's worth in Thailand. A team of 3 or 4 decend upon it and clean the inside ( a million dog hairs), outside and engine and I sit in their airconditioned lounge with my kindle and a coffee until they return it to me in pristine condition. I add a 50 baht tip because any more would make me look like the over paid/over here farlang rather than just showing my appreciation for a job always well done. All tips go into the tip box and are shared out amongst the young team.

The front tyres are close to the end of their safe natural life. I will be replacing them before I make the return journey.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Jambo said:

About to head off to the car wash having just finished checking the tyres; topped up the water in the screen washers and all other fluid/oil levels. All okay so set for my 660klm drive back to Bangsaray/Pattaya later this week.

The car wash is the best value for money 120 baht's worth in Thailand. A team of 3 or 4 decend upon it and clean the inside ( a million dog hairs), outside and engine and I sit in their airconditioned lounge with my kindle and a coffee until they return it to me in pristine condition. I add a 50 baht tip because any more would make me look like the over paid/over here farlang rather than just showing my appreciation for a job always well done. All tips go into the tip box and are shared out amongst the young team.

The front tyres are close to the end of their safe natural life. I will be replacing them before I make the return journey.

The last time I drove from BKK back home to the South ... there is a shit load of road construction going thru Samut Songkran

I didn't realize I drove through a bunch of wet concrete ....

It got all over the right hand side of the "beast" ... anyway, I just thought it was normal road dirt ...

Took the "beast" to the local car wash .... they called Beach gal and told her that they could not get the dried concrete off

Ok .. then Beach gal called the Insurance company .. 2 guys come out and told me that I would have to get the " beast " repainted ... WTF I thought .. and they also said they would need to keep the " beast " at least 5 weeks

This concrete was splattered every where on the right side

Well , if you know Beach gal .. she is relentless .. she never gives up or takes a standard answer ...

Anyway, she found a car detail shop somewhere about 1 hour away ... we go there .. they say they can fix

The said they needed 4 hours .. ok .. we go and eat .. spend a nice time sitting and talking .. they called Beach gal and told us they were finished ...

Jeez ... the "Beast" turned out perfect ... plus, they applied some sort of silicone ( ? ) ... it turned out perfect ..

Cost me 10K baht .. I didn't care .. because they did a fantastic job

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Painter said:

The good news, however, is that because of the lockdown the numbers that boydeste mentioned are now way down, and that 26million have now had at least their first dose of a vaccine. 

In Europe, however....

In my humble opinion ... Brexit was way to late ..... great you are out of that mess ( me thinks )

• Thumbs Up 2

20 hours ago, galenkia said:

Just had a fella collect my old Kawasaki. Put it on ebay last weekend and it sold in 40 minutes. Buyer is a Kawasaki restorer/collecter so I'm glad it's gone to a good home and not to someone who would break it for parts. 

Sad to see it go but I ain't got a garage to keep it in so it would just rot on my drive. Had 6 great years with the old girl. 

IMG_20210202_145939.jpg

Sad day when I sold my Ninja because we were moving to Thailand.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tko said:

Booking a Tuesday-Saturday visit to Patts because there's an election Sunday so the bars will close Saturday.  Last chance before we head up country for Songkran.

Bro .. you can always get a cold beer here ... even if they serve it up in a plastic up ..

Just take a seat at the local mom and pop shop ....for sure !  Which there are a shit load of them around in Patts ...

Just finished cleaning the carburetor on the lawn mower.... one of the few engine based things I can still do!

Presumably one of the jets was blocked/restricted as it ran like a six cylinder with 4 misfires, but is fine now firing on its single pot. May treat it to an oil change next week...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Bro .. you can always get a cold beer here ... even if they serve it up in a plastic up ..

Just take a seat at the local mom and pop shop ....for sure !  Which there are a shit load of them around in Patts ...

It's not so much getting a beer.  I can stock up ahead of time.  It's the reduced party atmosphere..

Sitting here in Hua Hin at my house  .  I got distracted .... for what.. i don't know .. yea, I met a super sexy gal ... she is a little young 22 ...

It is just me ... but, I believe in this song ,, when you have a couple of good friends ,,, the world is your oyster .. they can always help .. when you doubt yourself ...

And Stevie is just a fucking beast ... it motivates me ...

Edited by code_slayer_bkk

28 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Sitting here in Hua Hin at my house  .  I got distracted .... for what.. i don't know .. yea, I met a super sexy gal ... she is a little young 22 ...

It is just me ... but, I believe in this song ,, when you have a couple of good friends ,,, the world is your oyster .. they can always help .. when you doubt yourself ...

And Stevie is just a fucking beast ... it motivates me ...

I had six oysters and loads of Guinness yesterday as Ireland beat England in the rugby.

I'm mad for Ireland in rugby but support England in football fkucked up I know.

I know Code your own Irish roots ya told me when we got drunk and sparred mate.

Plus my team West Ham 3-1 up at half-time against the mighty Arsenal ...... 22year olds mate sounds good .... stay strong buddy.

Trying to work out why I don't seem to lose weight despite exercising and having a well balanced diet. Well I am on Beta Blockers for my heart and have been reading plenty of articles that point to them being a possible culprit.

Now that we are allowed out within a larger area than before and now expecting to walk 2 hours a day (with 30 minutes straight up a steep hill) at least 3 times a week I am hoping that my weight will force its way downwards. If not then my view of physics and biology have become blurred.

Off to cook the salmon.....

1 hour ago, nampla69 said:

I know Code your own Irish roots ya told me when we got drunk and sparred mate.

You are a really good person .. we just f***d around .. good on you Bro ... yea, I guess I am cursed my family being from Belfast ... LOL .. no way .. I take no shit from anyone and I never give anyone shit in a bad way ...

But, if someone wants to have a problem .. I won't walk away ...  just in my DNA ... bring your best motherfucker

Nui .. I wished I never seen you face .... this gal tried to bust me balls ... I got away ... I got very smart very quick .. Thai gals are a lot different from South American  gals ....

I have learned if you take control and tell them exactly what you want in no uncertain terms .  about 98% of them will deliver ... if you are a pussy ,, you are f***d ...

Jeez .. I just went on a small rant .. lol .. lol .. lol

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Plus my team West Ham 3-1 up at half-time against the mighty Arsenal ......

I was so disgusted I went to bed in a sulk after the third goal.

How could we be three down to the Hammers of all sides?

Checked my phone this morning and could hardly believe my eyes when it displayed 3 - 3.

Keeping the faith is far from easy for a Gooner but at least we have enjoyed the highs as well as the lows. The last time the spuds needed an open top bus it was pulled by two shetland ponies. 🤣

Going to watch the replay of the second half in a minute.

Miss seeing you Sean.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Jambo said:

Thailand has a habit of both making one look stupid and kicking one in the goolies.

The girl knocked on the door of the "coffee lounge" to tell me my car was ready.

I walked to the desk where you pay with two one hundred baht notes in my hand and heard her say what I thought was

"Roi, har sip." Gone up by 30 baht but never mind.

"No, song roi, har sip" says she

I tell her that I was charged 120 baht on all my previous visits to which she reponds

"Cost now, 250 baht!"

So my "best value for money" has increased its price by 100%. The dry season see far less people having their cars cleaned so they do the typical Thai solution of increasing their prices.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, tko said:

It's not so much getting a beer.  I can stock up ahead of time.  It's the reduced party atmosphere..

Yea Bro .. I really don't like a lot of "put mak mak " either ....  for me,  it is really simple ... don't yak .. just do !

Parties .. never mind ! .. lol .. lol .. I will always try to dance to a good tune !

2 hours ago, Jambo said:

Thailand has a habit of both making one look stupid and kicking one in the goolies.

The girl knocked on the door of the "coffee lounge" to tell me my car was ready.

I walked to the desk where you pay with two one hundred baht notes in my hand and heard her say what I thought was

"Roi, har sip." Gone up by 30 baht but never mind.

"No, song roi, har sip" says she

I tell her that I was charged 120 baht on all my previous visits to which she reponds

"Cost now, 250 baht!"

So my "best value for money" has increased its price by 100%. The dry season see far less people having their cars cleaned so they do the typical Thai solution of increasing their prices.

Then find a different place .. easy ... mai pen rai ...

Bro .. you cannot ever take shit from anyone .. forget trying to be nice sometimes .. being a nice guy sometimes never gets you anywhere ... except more shit .. ask any " working " Thai gal ... LOL

I really like this tune .. its got a really good " beat " ...

16 hours ago, boydeste said:

Dragged myself out of bed early today with good intentions of doing a few jobs outside.

It is still cold but sunny, which should make it quite pleasant to do some work in.

We had some rain during the night.

Not enough to get me off my garden watering duties but when I finished I looked as if I had been spraying the water over myself. The humidity was off the scale with the sun emerging from through the pollution haze.

• Like 1